It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West Jokes About Devil Worship, Illuminati Rumors | MTV MOVIE NEWS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Kanye West Jokes About Devil Worship, Illuminati Rumors | MTV MOVIE NEWS

www.thisis50.com

SOURCE : MTV NEWS

Kanye West's latest artistic endeavor, the musically-driven, short film "Runaway," has been a hot topic among his fans, with #runaway and #askkanye becoming Twitter trending topics after the film's Saturday night premiere on MTV. Apparently, some viewers felt the project invoked symbolism of the Illuminati, an ancient secret society that has been linked to contemporary conspiracy theories suggesting an elite group of leaders control the world unbeknownst to the general public.

edit on 29-10-2010 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

On Sunday (October 24), 'Ye took to his Twitter page to humorously address rumors that he's a member of the purported society and worships the devil. Apparently, Yeezy has no clue what the society even is.

"I've got question about "the illuminati" ... what is it exactly ??? ... and why do people think pop stars have a membership???!!! LOL," he tweeted. "Is illuminati and devil worshipping like the same thing ... do they have a social network that celebs can sign up for?"

www.thisis50.com...
What do you think about the rumors about Kanye West? "Let us know in the comments" or (enjoy watching below) lol !

www.thisis50.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-10-2010 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Oct 29 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by solid007

I think its worth joking over. I'm no Kanye fan but I too find it funny when people try to pin Satanism on someone for using occult symbols. The Occult, Witchcraft, the Illuminati and Satanism are ALL separate things.

Also, what exactly do people think is WRONG about using occult symbolism? Are people actually dumb enough to believe that such symbols have magical powers? Are people actually dumb enough, in the 21st Century, to believe that Satan exists?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I was the first person to make a thread here on ATS about the video not long after it came out, so I feel sort of stupid that he's making these jokes about the rumours.

Still, I never mentioned anything about the illuminati, I only said there was Lucifer in it and other symbolism (which there no doubt is).

Maybe he's joking about it so people don't believe he's in it?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I feel that the numerous thread pointing the finger of suspicion at music singers is misguided. Sure, they throw some symbology into their videos but surely you don't expect Kanye West et al to be on the memberships list of the Illuminati? They are merely lucky kids that act money making vessels for the music industry.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

You're right, Satanism is a religion whereas the occult is a general field of spiritual understanding. But you are wrong in saying that there is no power in the occult; it most certainly is a vast knowledge of how to understand and use unconventional forces that most people simply don't have the capacity to understand (hence the "sheep vs goat" analogy of religion vs spiritualism). And this power does not come out of thin air either; indeed, electricity, the path that now dominates contemporary human culture, is one of five magics.

As for Kanye, sounds just like another publicity stunt which he seems to do to gain attention every year or so.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yep.

Kanye West, Jay Z, and Lady Gaga, in collusion with the Illuminati, The Reptilians, The Rand Corporation and Bob Barker are plotting to steal children's souls to exchange to The Grays for rare Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster ingredients.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
Yep.

Kanye West, Jay Z, and Lady Gaga, in collusion with the Illuminati, The Reptilians, The Rand Corporation and Bob Barker are plotting to steal children's souls to exchange to The Grays for rare Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster ingredients.

-TheAssoc.

lmao ya killing me!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

loooooooooooooooooooooooool.........Hilarious :-)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Kanye west wears a giant masonic pyramid ring in his left hand while performing power and runaway songs in brooklyn and i am so much confused now that is he an anti elite or is working with the illuminati. Check out this video you have to look closer:

In his runaway video there is a dialogue where he says not to believe in what is said in the news, which confuses me what agenda is he promoting

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

interesting!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

LOL at entertainers they do keep me entertained. Its amazing at how so many can be passed a long existing torch because they are in position of power and fall for it every time. Devil says hey ah I know youz had it hard and all and became strong aswell and possess strong leadership qualities. So here why dont you take these great gifts that will sit you on top of the world why I fk you outta your mind and conscious connection to the universe. So when Luc safica gets here to turn on the da%% lights you will all be blinded by my fantabulous trickery here here take this diamond neckless you deserve it oh and those other slaves from your old hood dont mind them in fact you manage em for me lol @ NATAS and his dark ways. These are Angels which in many ways = intelligent. SO to lol and he haw due to believing in the torch passed to be true all 1 can say is hopefully the light helps them to see the darkness around and within them. I do like some ah Yaez music but when it get to the symbolysim I lol like what better symbol then VENUS DO THE DARK EMBEDDEDS NEED TO SEE THERE IS MORE TO IT and satan isnt the 1

edit on 10/29/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
He is doing this to get more attention.

He hides illuminati/devil/mason symbols in many of his videos, as do tons of mainstream rappers/performers these days. And no, its not an accident that you see these guys wearing a goat's head t-shirt, or dancing under pyramids with eyeballs, or openly saying in their lyrics things about the "Illuminati" or "secret societies".

They do it so they can end up being discussed and blogged about. Its a advertisement stunt.

If you don't see that conspiracy is becoming mainstream, then you may not see the blatant littering of the subject matter in all these videos/movies/songs/etc.

But to a typical ATS reader or conspiracy buff, it is plain to see that the people producing all these works of "art(?)" are aware of the concepts of "The Illuminati" and all the hubbub surrounding it and similar subjects within "conspiracy theory".

Does it make me believe that they actually worship the devil or serve some Satanic plot? Not so much.

Marketing ploy at its cheapest...yes...I totally agree with- and see- that they are using very select symbolisms and buzz-words that make a conspiracy guy go "gaga!", but I highly doubt any of these 2-dimensional cardboard-cutouts worship any god other then themselves and their own fame/fortune.

Just my 2 cents...spend it wherever or don't.

MM

edit on 29-10-2010 by Mr Mask because: TV wants you dumb and obedient.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

The Occult, Witchcraft, the Illuminati and Satanism are ALL separate things.

Also, what exactly do people think is WRONG about using occult symbolism? Are people actually dumb enough to believe that such symbols have magical powers? Are people actually dumb enough, in the 21st Century, to believe that Satan exists?

No, they are all the same things. They are all bad.

Yes, satan does exist. Watch hollywood closely and with an open mind and you can see it.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to accumulate all of the music industry and label it as the Illuminati.

Here's a secret: our entire society is a secret society.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to accumulate all of the music industry and label it as the Illuminati.

Here's a secret: our entire society is a secret society.

Not anymore!!!! Good job letting the cat out of the bag...

Geez...a fella can't have anything these days without someone exposing it online.

MM

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
He knows what it is..
Don't let him fool you. You don't put all that BS in there for nothing w/o knowing what you are doing.
Never saw the videos, don't care for them. I like some of his older music but now it is just trash.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

That was 100% out of line...

The correct saying would have been...

Ya killin me yo !!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I predict that Kanye West and Lady Gaga will have a child together.
People will think its the anti-christ itself. Gagas product is so rife with symbolism I don't understand how people dont see it, I try to tell my friends about it but they are stubborn minded. Try telling a Teeny bopper fan that Lady Gaga is controlled and mass marketed for breaking down the fabric of society, to get people to accept unnatural taboos...I'm sure Kanye's material is handed to him, I mean lyrically he is talented but you cant tell me that this stuff is all him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join