It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid according to Jim Marrs.... I want your opinion!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I read a book in my senior year of high school called Alien Agenda. I know I saw a kind of vague post from 2005 about it, but overall nobody seems to be really posting all that much, and I thought I might bring to light some things detailed in the 'Pyramid' section of the book, in case nobody had head these things. Of the issues, the top three that have always intrigued me are...

Although it's creation is... attributed to the pharaoh Cheops, there is no indisputable evidence of this idea. In fact, the best evidence points to the existence of the pyramid thousands of years prior to the Egyptian empires. This evidence is the obvious vertical erosion found principally on the nearby sphinx, but to some degree on the great pyramid
John Anthony west... claimed vertical erosion can only come from continuous downpours of rain over long periods of time. Since the sphinx is supposed to have been built by Chops's son, Khafre, it's creation has been placed around 2500 BC. West pointed out that no significant rainfall has occurred on the Giza Plateau...since before 10,000 B.C. This can only mean that both structures were built more than seven thousand years prior to the Egyptians, a conclusion conveniently ignored by traditional Egyptologists

West took the initiative from French scientists R. A. Shwaller de lubicz, who ... claimed to have found mathematical evidence that early Egyptian science was much more advanced than previously thought. Schwaller also mentioned that Egypt was subjected to devastating rains and floods more than twelve thousand years ago. After verifying these claims by his own studies, West said the fact of vertical rain erosion is "ironclad evidence for the existence of a previously unidentified high civilization of distant antiquity".

Measurements:

A look at the orientation of the Great Pyramid confirms it's well-planned and sophisticated design. Each of it's four sides precisely face the four points of the compass with only a one-twelfth degree of variation, which has been explained by the gradual movement of the earth's axis rather than any mistake on the part of the designer. Also, although there are slight differences due to damage by both man and nature, the height of the great pyramid is proportional to the radius of the earth and the perimeter to the circumference. Measurements of the two base halves yield the numbers 365.256 and 365.259, the exact number of days it takes for the earth to complete its orbit of the sun and the time it takes to return to it's starting point in the elliptical orbit. More astounding is the fact that during the International Geophysical Year (1957-58) satellite technology established that the earth's mean polar radius was 150,265,030.4 British inches. One ten-millionth of this distance would be 25,026.5 British inches--the exact figure found in three separate measurements inside the Great Pyramid. The number 25,000 also happens to be the distance from the earth to the sun and the number of years in the recessional cycle, the time it takes for the earth to pass through the twelve zodiacal constellations.

and Usage:

Using the north and south poles, the equator and the earth's center as reference points, the pyramid accurately sections the entire planet into a three-dimensional grid of thirty, sixty and ninety degrees. Utilizing these grid, any aircraft can successfully navigate from the pyramid to any location on earth with only a minor deviation. When first built, the great pyramid was overed with a reflective casing of fine white limestone, making it highly visible--an excellent aerial navigation marker. In fact, several researchers have determined geometric patterns with the pyramid as the center that they said could indicate ancient flight plans.

So my question is: has anyone heard all of this? I'd never heard about the planet being sectioned off and being able to navigate from the pyramid as a landmark or the theoy that they're more than 10,000 years old...if the Egyptians didn't build them, who did?
Furthermore, if anyone's familliar with the measurements of the pyramid, are the ones up there accurate? It'd be totally wild if they were....

Beyond that, what are your thoughts and opinions? I wont give mine beause I want to hear what you all have to say... let me know...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Here's my question. Everybody always says how remarkable it is that the Great Pyramid is lined up perfectly to the compass points.

But... if it was created a really long, long time ago, wouldn't there be some kind of variation from true North, etc., that accounts for the slight change in North from the Precession of the Equinox (axial precession of the Earth)? That creates a variance of approximately 1.38 degrees a century, and takes approximately 26,000 years to complete. If they used Polaris as a guide, then in order for it to be lined up now, it would have had to been built approximately 26,000 years ago. And almost nobody wants to go that far out on the dating limb. Humans were barely out of caves at that point.

Also... the Earth's magnetic pole wanders all over the place. If they used a compass to create their "perfect alignment," again, they'd be pretty lucky to have built the Pyramid at the same time when the magnetic North Pole just happens to be in the same place it is today.

So either it was built -- very well, of course -- a long time ago at a time when the alignments just happen to be occurring again. Or they were maybe built a little closer to our own time, and the change hasn't been enough to really make a difference in the measurements. People who measure the pyramids are known to fudge things a bit to get the numbers in their favor. Decay has made the pyramids a little fuzzy around the edges, making that a little easier.
edit on 29-10-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SFlowers

my opinion is that i can't stand Jim Marrs.

Also, why would Aliens reveal themselves to Egyptians back in the day, then completely disappear and go incognito?

I don't deny the existence of E.T.'s but to say they have some sort of control of the planet earth, to me, seems completely far fetched.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

It seems far fetched to me as well, which is what kind of bugs me about the book... it doesnt say "ALIENS SHOWED THEM." In this section (as far as I can remember, its been ages...), but then you remember that its part of the supposed "alien agenda"....

Im more of a suporter of them being a quite advanced civilization than aliens having come down to tell them how to build landmarks and stuff (you'd think theyd do it themselves or something if they were even here and bothered, rather than trusting it to a bunch of...us)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFlowers
I read a book in my senior year of high school called Alien Agenda. I know I saw a kind of vague post from 2005 about it, but overall nobody seems to be really posting all that much, and I thought I might bring to light some things detailed in the 'Pyramid' section of the book, in case nobody had head these things. Of the issues, the top three that have always intrigued me are...

Although it's creation is... attributed to the pharaoh Cheops, there is no indisputable evidence of this idea. In fact, the best evidence points to the existence of the pyramid thousands of years prior to the Egyptian empires. This evidence is the obvious vertical erosion found principally on the nearby sphinx, but to some degree on the great pyramid
John Anthony west... claimed vertical erosion can only come from continuous downpours of rain over long periods of time. Since the sphinx is supposed to have been built by Chops's son, Khafre, it's creation has been placed around 2500 BC. West pointed out that no significant rainfall has occurred on the Giza Plateau...since before 10,000 B.C. This can only mean that both structures were built more than seven thousand years prior to the Egyptians, a conclusion conveniently ignored by traditional Egyptologists

West took the initiative from French scientists R. A. Shwaller de lubicz, who ... claimed to have found mathematical evidence that early Egyptian science was much more advanced than previously thought. Schwaller also mentioned that Egypt was subjected to devastating rains and floods more than twelve thousand years ago. After verifying these claims by his own studies, West said the fact of vertical rain erosion is "ironclad evidence for the existence of a previously unidentified high civilization of distant antiquity".

I am convinced this is 100% accurate, and, I think that the establishment of Egypt is post deluvian (after the great flood and cataclysm), probably about 10,000 years ago, or more. All indication I have from my research, is that Egypt was established by the sons and grandsons of Noah, but that the technologies involved including Torsion Physics, these were passed down from higher beings, what the OT of the Bible calls "God" but who go by others names and identities, along the lines of the research of a Zachariah Sitchin. Research a figure called Ham, who was Noah's son or grandson, as the founder of Egypt. The math and science involved, was then carried over to to Greeks via Plato, and is still held to this day in trust by the initiates of Secret Societies.

And it's all based on Alchemy.
edit on 29-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
You could always ask Jim in his forum...
I for one am a fan of his books. That would make part of my opinion biased but I do know that in my viewpoint I see the Pyramids as having some kind of assistance..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
ive read about this before, in the book fingerprints of the gods. the book gives a date of 10000 bc for the sphynx and the pyramids. at that date the pyramids resemble the angle of orions belt that very slowly moves with precession. the sphynx at that time olso looks directly at the constellation of leo. the face of the sphynx was carved out of the original lions head that was there by the egyptians. i really think its a time capsule. if not by aliens by ancient humans who lived in a generation before our own, before some cataclysmic event. they built it as a warning/marker to let us know that they were there and intelligent or/and to warn us that the same may happen to us. how else would you communicate with the next life generation thousands of years after your own. stone can stand for a long time and measuring it so perfectly and relating it to earth tells us they were intelligent. thats my thoughts anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Dear SFlowers

I did here all this a good while ago now and I do find it interesting.

What gets me about all these boffins is that as soon as someone comes up with an alternative idea, it’s oh no that could never be.

They have written the books and just like the Vatican they do not want a change to the story.

Anyway who can stand hat Egyptian bloke that tries to look like Harrison Ford. Hawat or some such nonsense.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
There is now the idea that the Sphinx was originally a carving of Anpu(Anubis) laying in the form of the jackal guarding the lake of the dead. It is in "The Sphinx Mystery" by Robert Temple. I have yet to finish the book but alt of his claims come from the different stone composing layers of the statue. Ill make a thread when Im done the book. i just have been busy with a newborn baby and reading like 5 other books as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Also i just posted this exact quote in my thread but as it is more relevant to the Pyramids i would like to share it here and i am sure you will like it

In Egypt, geologists have found that the combined effects of melting glaciers coupled with a steep rise in precipitation levels in Central Africa, around 10,000 B.C., caused the Nile River to swell hugely in size washing out its entire valley throughout the length of Egypt. At the same time, the Mediterranean Sea began to expand due to rising ocean levels from the meltdown of the northern glaciers. It has been established that for a brief period its waters actually flooded the lower Nile Valley. These inundations are believed by geologists to have been the last major flood events in Egypt’s history. Consistent with this, a fourteen-foot layer of sediment was discovered around the base of the Great Pyramid. It was found to contain many seashells, and the fossil of a sea cow, all of which were radiocarbon dated to about 10,000 B.C.

Legends and records also relate that, before the Arabs removed the Great Pyramid’s outer casing stones, water marks were visible at around the 240 foot level. When the Pyramid was first opened in relatively modern times, incrustations of salt an inch thick were found inside. Most of this salt was revealed to be natural exudation from the rock walls, but chemical analysis also indicated that a proportion of the salt had a mineral content consistent with sea salt. By analogy, if the flooding of 10,000 B.C. was the last major inundation of Egypt, the Great Pyramid must date from a period before the flooding occurred.

Source: www.hallofthegods.org...

Also if your interested in the Sphinx by all means peruse my thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I haven't read Alien Agenda, but I have read Rule by Secrecy and I strongly recommend it - as I'm sure it is very coherent with Alien Agenda.

I'm not sure about the pyramids at Giza, but the Sphinx is definitely 10,000 b.c.e. IMO. The water erosion is only part of the puzzle, the other half being that the head was carved at a much later date - the monument was originally a full blown lion... which would explain why the head is so disproportionately small. The lion would be Leo, and if you subscribe to the whole as above/so below zodiacal occult knowledge from the advanced civilization at the time... it makes sense for it to be over 12,000 years old.

I also think there is no reason to bring aliens into this whole deal, because there very well could have been an advanced human civilization all over the globe. BUT - then we must account for all of the various correlations in mythologies and a messed up timeline.

I recommend a couple videos on the subject:

1 of 14:

Graham Hancock doesn't like the Alien theory either, but his conclusions are no less mind blowing.

and this:

Google Video Link

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
it never mentioned any aliens, not sure why people keep bringing up aliens when it comes to these type of things.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Maybe as there could be a direct link....

Have you ever considered thta prime evil or Earth gods could indeed be aliens or not form this world.
Look at the means and quality of construction and planning. Our building wouldnt last 200 years compared to ancient building that will most likely be here for another 500-1000 years plus.

No offence but look at the WTC or many other poorly made buildings that collapse easily.

Those buildings,temples and structures were built to last for a reason. It's sad that our quality of construction has reduced in time. The buildings todat may look nice but they are # quality compared to ancient buildings. they lack any meaning or real planning compared to the amount of thought went into many structures built thousands of years ago. It's actually quite sad really.

I find it offensive your lack of investigation and ignorance, why dont you try actually spending some time reading and looking at facts and evidence rather than submitting specualtive opinion with nothing to back it up. I admit there is no cold hard evidence to Off world influence but things are just crap, the current explaination is nothing but speculation at best and many geologists and aclaimed scientists are now looking in alternative directions. The problem many scientists have is that as soon as they start investigating they are labelled fringe or crackpots which to all scientists is their biggest fear.... but that is the point isnt it. Debunkers and trolls are totally unproductive and create more trouble than progress and rather than actually read,study and investigate come here to spread crap! Do some reading and look at evidence and you need to realise the world isnt as peachy and laid out as you think!
edit on 29-10-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
it never mentioned any aliens, not sure why people keep bringing up aliens when it comes to these type of things.

Well to be fair, in THIS instance, it IS all in a book called "Alien Agenda", and I never even really made the connection until someone said it earlier (Silly me xD), because I tend to get so caught up in "oh, this is kind of cool, I wonder if anyone else's heard of this..." that I forget to look at the cover

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

Ooh, I'll definately check it out next time I go to the book store.

..because I don't have enough books to read

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

A handful of flags and no sources? Pretty good going there.

In fact, the best evidence points to the existence of the pyramid thousands of years prior to the Egyptian empires.

BS. There isn't any 'best evidence' doing any such thing. Even West isn't claiming the pyramids are from thousands of years prior to the 'Egyptian Empires.' Robert Schoch has revised his dating of the Sphinx to around 8000 years and that still flies in the face of the evidence from disparate international Egyptologists, geologists, archaeologists etc.

Jim Marrs has written some interesting articles over the years about politics and particularly JFK. Ancient history isn't a subject he's that strong on. Then again, without sources there's only your word to go on...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
As I recall, when Marrs was approached about the book, he was asked to do summaries of topics on ATS. The research presented was material suggested by the staff as "hot topics" from popular threads highlighted here on ATS. I don't know whether he checked any sources or simply cited what our members cited. I don't know if any skeptical or contrarian viewpoints were given. I don't know if (or how much) he believes; I think it was a contract deal and in those cases you write what the contractor wants you to write about.

You can ask him.

That said, the grammar is appalling ... and I hope what I've seen quoted was mistyped. The "It's" instead of "Its" just drives me nuts.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Very cool thread, though I already knew of most of the facts presented, and already decided on the theories, but I haven't read the book. Anyway, what gets me is that sometimes it seems as though people just dont see, or dont want to believe whats right in front of them. I mean the most obvious and basic facts that require no math, no advanced formulas or theories, but only simple observation. The big ones being that its pretty well known that the sphinx had its faace ruined at a later date by the egyptians. Originally it was most likely a lion, representing Leo, and facing the constellation of Leo. Also the great pyramid complex at Giza is a representation of Orions belt. I dont know about you, but I didnt travel here from either, so I dont see how people can totally blow off the idea of a civilization from the stars having some kind of involvement in PRE-DYNASTIC Egypt. I think they were here possibly engineering humans, or even just stopping by, and the pyramid served as some kind of station for them. We know the later pyramids that the EGYPTIANS built dont compare to the great pyramid, not in size, structure or overall quality.

Besides if you were travelling space exploring planets, possibly engineering some kind of beings, or humans, how would you leave your mark for tge future of that planet....? I would carve something in stone that represents my home planet/galaxy...i would even make it so obvious as to POINT it at the star that i travelled from....

Sorry for the long post, i never post here..just wanted to get some stuff off my chest....
PeaCe

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm a fan of all of Jim Marrs' books, and I do know that he studied the work of Zecharia Sitchin, as I have also. I would recommend that you look into some of Sitchin's books, especially The End Of Days and The Lost Book Of Enki. Both of those deal with the pyramids and how they came to be precisely where they are.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by originunknown
ive read about this before, in the book fingerprints of the gods. the book gives a date of 10000 bc for the sphynx and the pyramids. at that date the pyramids resemble the angle of orions belt that very slowly moves with precession.

The author of "Fingerprints of the Gods," Graham Hancock, today admits that the Great Pyramid was built by Egyptians, specifically Khufu. This is because he finally decided to look at the actual, physical evidence that proves this which has been found inside the great pyramid, instead of pretending to have done so, as he did (and continues to do) in his book(s).

He also has admitted in the past that he did a poor job of researching that piece of trash book you recommend.

So, no.

the sphynx at that time olso looks directly at the constellation of leo.

Given that the Sphinx faces due east, it looks directly at every zodiacal constellation at some point or the other.

If you're mentioning Leo here because the sphinx has a lion body, you should know that the Egyptians had no zodiac, and the earliest mention of the constellation Leo was by the Sumerians, who called it the "Big Dog."

So, no again.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join