It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allow myself to introduce...myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hello everyone. New ATS member here...well, yeah...of course I am. Why else would I be posting this in Introductions? I'm currently unemployed (go me) which is both frustrating and freeing at the same time. I'm a bit neurotic, but hey, it's better than nothing, right? With that said, I currently have nothing but time on my hands. Time well spent perusing through all the interesting posts on here, I guess. I joined this site as I have a genuine interest in a wide array of different subject matter, and you can most definitely find that here. Well, I hope to get to know some of you as you me.

Take care.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OlympusMons

Welcome welcome. I must admit you sound alot like myself. Unemployed, nothing but time, yada yada....
I hope you find these boards as interesting as I do. What are some of your interests here? what led you the way of ATS?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Well...if you have time and are interested in the many topics available here then ATS may be your new best friend.
There's enough here to keep you busy for eternity I presume. Welcome to ATS and I'll see you around.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. Hope that you are able to find what you are looking for here. I am new also, though I have been lurking around this site for several years as a non-member. Hope you don't get discouraged with some of the bickering that goes on in some threads. I have had the feeling that in the last few weeks there are a lot of older members on here that, in my opinion, seem to resent new member. Sad! Since everyone one on here was a new member at one time. The UFO and 9/11 Forums seems to have the most problems with members respecting other members beliefs when they differ. In all I love this site and find it to be the top site on the web for its type of content.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Thanks for the warm welcome. Unemployment is kind of a drag, huh? I now relate my own situation to that of Ben Stiller's character in the movie Greenburg. He just wants to do nothing for awhile. That's what I want to do. Nothing. Not sure why, but it seems like the logical choice right now. My interest in ATS began about two years ago when I overheard a co-worker talking about it. I have been checking the site off and on now since then, even more so for the last two months given my current unemployment situation.

Good stuff. Thanks again for the welcome aboard. See ya in there.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Explanation: Flagged!

Your arrival has help me deduce some things about our [i.e. ATS's] new wats and karma ratings!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! Please check out the ATS chat voyeur function [pink button on vertical tool bar to the right side of your screen on most ATS web pages] as it allows you to watch what is going on in chat, which of course is an amazing world of its own [OL practically lives there
] but unfortunately you wont be able to join chat directly until your post count gets beyond about 100 posts [it only takes 20 posts to be able to make your 1st non introduction thread]. I started out here on the BTS, now the Off-Topics tabbed forums, and I also recommend them for when you want to express the not so seriosu and or the explosively serious [it contains my fav forum..Rants!
] side of your nature. See you around the boards and although I am not a mod etc please feel free to meesage me if you need any help on any subject.

P.S. Much Love and respect. Sincerely OL.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, ATS has definitely become my new best friend. I'm hooked. That's a good thing, right?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Welcome aboard. Hope that you are able to find what you are looking for here. I am new also, though I have been lurking around this site for several years as a non-member. Hope you don't get discouraged with some of the bickering that goes on in some threads. I have had the feeling that in the last few weeks there are a lot of older members on here that, in my opinion, seem to resent new member. Sad! Since everyone one on here was a new member at one time. The UFO and 9/11 Forums seems to have the most problems with members respecting other members beliefs when they differ. In all I love this site and find it to be the top site on the web for its type of content.

Thanks for the welcome. I think I've already found what I'm looking for. Partly so, anyway. Just regular people trying to connect, sharing opinions, stories, experiences, etc. I've been lurking awhile too and finally dove in. I know what you mean when you mention the bickering and such, I've seen a fair share of it too. It will not discourage me, that's for sure. Cheers!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you, OL. Good stuff to know for this here Noob.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

You're quick to pick up the issues of the UFO and 9/11 forums although I hear the same of the religious and political forums too although I don't often visit them. Emotions and passions run high sometimes on some forums more than others. It's the nature of the beast I guess. New members are just other members although sometimes seeing or hearing the same things rehashed can be difficult. I'm not saying it as an excuse or a defense but sometimes things simply get old to some. Welcome VV.

It's like the rest of life. It's whatever you make it and want it to be.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Welcome!

To those of you who are on the "bottom", ie unemployed, sick etc etc. Remember that is the best occasion in your lifetime to change everything and read new information with an open mind. The worst thing that can happen is you die so what is there to loose?

I suffered a chronic and incurable disease which made me unable to do anything for 27 months 2001-2003, it all turned around in five minutes when I found the solution.

Remember truth is out there, human beings all have a big potential if they become good persons.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
SUP?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Welcome,

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Ha, ha, Olympus...I like you already because of your sense of humor. Welcome!

top topics

join