It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill Commission Finds Tests Warned of BP's Well Before Blowout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Oil Spill Commission Finds Tests Warned of BP's Well Before Blowout

www.foxnews.com

It's the first finding from the commission looking into the causes of the April 20 explosion that killed 11 workers and led to the largest offshore oil spill in U.S. history. And it appears to conflict with statements made by Halliburton Co., which has said tests showed the cement mix was stable.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

BP and Halliburton decided to use a foam slurry created by injecting nitrogen into cement to secure the bottom of the well, a decision outside experts have criticized.

So apparently Halliburton intentionally lied about the whole even to cover their tails when they used a mixture that has been highly criticized and was quite likely to fail. I wonder now whether or not Halliburton will be charged for lying or any form of criminal behavior? I doubt it.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is a nice vinidcation that it wasn't just an "Evil British" companies fault, but also the result of an American companies negligence.I remember arguing quite viciously that Halliburton and Transocean had alot to answer for at the time, yet a lot of Americans refused to even consider that Americans were involved, despite the fact all the execs that took decisions down to the rig crew were Americans.

This whole fiasco was (quite poorly) used to try and lower BP's stock so an American firm could move in and buy it up. That failed, BP survived and now Obama's pack hounds are on the trail of the (UK) National Grid and it's ownership of large swathes of NE USA power grid. Obama hates the UK and seems to try to stick us one at every turn, so when an opportunity arises to try and shaft a British firm or to smear the UK, he seems to take it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I remember reading something about the drill head being brought up with some form of clamping device thats suppose to secure the well engaged when it shouldn't have been. Pieces of that clamp device (rubber pieces) showed up and where ignored. This adds an extra variable to this mystery. If im not mistaken.. Haliburten was in charge of this entire section of that drilling project? Please correct me if I'm wrong?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Whats with post and not posting the stocks regarding the moment the f15s were sold and what level of business interactions was involved.

So i guess you are okay with the balance of power of is this simply another useless internet exchange of ideas.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
To soon to place the blame on just Haliburton.

We now need to see the reports on the Transocean blowout preventer and what went wrong with it.

And why the BP engineer did not do a proper job in testing the well.

If any one of these have worked right the well blowout would not have happened.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Your absolutely right.. the BOP failed..

BP and Halliburton decided to use a foam slurry created by injecting nitrogen into cement to secure the bottom of the well, a decision outside experts have criticized.

^- Was this to seal the well at the bottom and it failed? AND the BOP failing?!

edit on 10/28/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Name names.. Who's at fault? Please dont get me wrong.. Im with everyone looking for answers to who is at fault.
edit on 10/28/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

top topics

join