It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA:Trapped Mars Rover Finds Evidence of Subsurface Water

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
NASA's Mars rover 'Spirit' became trapped in 2009 after the wheels of the rover failed and it became stuck.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc7c29a81f89.png[/atsimg]

But that didn't mean the end of the road for this rover. Today NASA has found evidence of sub surface water from the location that the rover initially broke down.

www.nasa.gov...

Maybe Mar's was once an Earth-like planet. If discoveries like these keep stumbling along, I think it could even house some for of life. Interesting times indeed.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

Maybe Mar's was once an Earth-like planet. If discoveries like these keep stumbling along, I think it could even house some for of life. Interesting times indeed.

Right.
Really interesting times..............

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You know, it is amazing to think that at one point during the existence of humans on Earth it is very likely that there was still water on Mars. To those who saw it it would not of been the red point of light in the distance that we know today. There is no reason why there should not be some deposits left and there are always new findings in this area, I think that there is quite a bit of water on Mars and we just need to get to it.

More good data coming from Spirit, and we haven't heard from the poor girl since March. We will still be getting more news long after she is gone.

Interstingly an article from 06
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Yes, very very interesting.
Especially when NASA put this up as well. Apparently Earth-size planets are common.

www.nasa.gov...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db6f6ea8e579.jpg[/atsimg]

We are uncovering a lot of spaces secrets, not long until we find life imo.

Cheers
Brady

edit on 28-10-2010 by GetRadNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Yes, I think we should focus very immensely on Mars.
Personally I'd like to see humans get to mars and set up a permanent colony for scientific studies, maybe even set up a new civilization on the planet. I'm aware it takes 7 years to get to mars, but with NASA apparently wanting to build the 100 year ship. I think it could be possible.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It should only take 9 months and not 7 years to get to Mars, that would be if you left at the appropriate timing when it would be at it's closest.
It may happen by 2030 even.
uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
reply to post by Arken

Yes, very very interesting.
Especially when NASA put this up as well. Apparently Earth-size planets are common.

www.nasa.gov...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db6f6ea8e579.jpg[/atsimg]

We are uncovering a lot of spaces secrets, not long until we find life imo.

Cheers
Brady

edit on 28-10-2010 by GetRadNZ because: (no reason given)

Especially when NASA (first of all and before the other) disclose the truth about Mars.......

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Oh I must've been thinking of a different planet. My bad.
I can't wait until we get man onto mars. It should be good. Thanks for the link.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I trust NASA, they show the public what they're doing. They are ordinary people like you and me, not like the brain washed pigs running the government.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

It should only take 9 months and not 7 years to get to Mars, that would be if you left at the appropriate timing when it would be at it's closest.
It may happen by 2030 even.
uk.news.yahoo.com...

2030?
Too late.....

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

When I heard the prospect of going to Mars, I thought, well I'd volunteer. Until I read this part

It would take the volunteers nine months to get to the red planet, and they would leave knowing they would never see Earth again.

Even with all the troubles here on Earth, I don't think I could say goodbye to her forever. It's home. I don't think I could leave at all.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That would actually be a selling point to me, but I would need my wife and kids with me at least. But it's probably for volunteers already existing in the space industry, like astronauts, cosmonauts, test pilots, biologists, geoligists, excetera.......
It would be unlikely they are going to pick names from a barrel.
That would be cool though.
But Mars would be harsh, at this point it would be like signing a death certificate with the radiation exposure and the like.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

May I ask what part of the world your from?
Because I love New Zealand, and I couldn't even think of leaving the planet. I'd miss the country way too much.
Life here is good.
Are you from America by any chance?

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'm actually from Australia, I don't live there right now although it is not because I don't like it, it's probably one of the greatest places on the planet.
I guess I would just love to be a pioneer and explore and discover new things(I am aware this is not going to happen). Plus there is a part of me that thinks it could all go pear shaped and it would end up Dave Lister style, even though I know we are centuries off of that type of scenario.
edit on 28-10-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

It would be an amazing experience I must say. And your name would go down in history, remembered forever.
Australia is a beautiful country, I've only been there once but I did notice that its pretty much the same as New Zealand. Only that it's bigger and hotter.

I wonder why they are being so sudden about moving to mars, that article seemed like they were in a hurry to get there. They're trying to get donations from billionaires already? Strange.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They are right on time for 2012 aren't they? Right on pace.....

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Everything is piecing together. I look forward to seeing what happens in 2012. I don't know what will happen, but I hope something does happen.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I believe that we will have made contact before then....I could totally see Mars having more than meets the eye...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I certainly hope so.
I just hope they aren't as negative as our leaders.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
reply to post by Arken

I trust NASA, they show the public what they're doing. They are ordinary people like you and me, not like the brain washed pigs running the government.

Cheers
Brady

Not so sure.... Not... so... sure...
Ask yourself: Who rule NASA?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join