It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life after Armageddon...tonight, 9pm, Channel 5 (UK).

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A heads up for the UK members, not sure if others can get this too.....might be worth watching....

"One off docudrama presenting a world devestated by a deadly flu epidemic. This film imagines one family's struggle in the post apocalyptic landscape."

FOLLOWING the swine flu panic that spread across the world, Channel 5 presents a one-off docudrama presenting a vision of a world left devastated by a deadly flu pandemic.

The Los Angeles Johnson family is forced to fight for survival in the post-apocalyptic city.

With only a few human beings left in the world, Life After Armageddon explores not only the family's battle to deal with the lack of physical provisions but also the lack of human interaction.

Source: www.express.co.uk...DRAMA DOCUMENTARY: LIFE AFTER ARMAGEDDON

I've posted this in the survival section too, might be interesting.

CX.
edit on 28/10/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Cheers for that, sounds interesting! I shall be watching!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yeah it debuted here in the States about a month or two ago. It was a well made docudrama, and it paralleled what my vision of a pandemic might actually be like.
If NDM-1 (aka > Delhi Metallo-Beta-Lactamase 1) takes off like it looks like it might, we may have a real version of this show in the near future.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hell yeah! Thanks for the heads up

I'll be wathcing that bad boy, and hopefully the missus will too. Ah the things people do for love...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
For those of you who don't want to wait....

CX

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Thanks for those...are they the same documentary...the titles different?

I'll watch it at 9pm i think, but keep those vids for another time.

Cheers.

CX.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think it's the same one that I saw on YouTube (linked above).
If so, it's a must watch. A good dose of reality.
edit on 28-10-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Part of the fallacy that is believed about Armageddon is that there will be life. There won't. All of mankind left behind after the Rapture(s) (There will be one and could be two, dependent upon whether or not any faithful turn to Yahweh after the first) the will be annihilated. That is WHY we are sounding the warning that God's wrath is upon us and that judgment will take place and that time is running out. You will not need survival techniques or any sort of survival knowledge because you will lose your physical life AND your eternal life if you remain behind and are included in the judgment at Armageddon. If you want to survive, the only survival technique you need to know or have is a humble heart and acceptance of Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior - then and only then can anyone gain eternal life.
edit on 28-10-2010 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Can we just talk about this without the preaching? The Armageddon in the title is not being used in a biblical context. Go take your 'rapture' somewhere else. Thanks.
edit on 28-10-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
If you want to survive, the only survival technique you need to know or have is a humble heart and acceptance of Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior

Good luck with that one then.

Just out of interest, at what point will the Lord drop meds, food water and shelter in my lap if i sit on my backside and have a "humble heart"?

Don't mean to offend there, but i have a family, and i will not entrust their safety in some imaginary being that does nothing to save people during every other disaster on this planet.

CX.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I beleive it is the same and quite a good documentary on the way it might go down. I also think it has some very real content for things to think about. I have seen another one it was a cartoon, but almost as informative anybody know which one that was It was about a baby that grew up and got married and they had kids really cool but it was at 2 am and i only remember some parts

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Watching it now this guy's family sucks!

His wife all but blames him for the pandemic, and I'm pretty sure his son is stoned out. They could have solved the whole power crisis by rigging up the national grid to the kid's camera battery.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

she reminds me of my wife ....

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

In that case I hope you've got your kit and plans set in concrete! Otherwise you're gonna get an earful.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yes I do in my plan she will be in the yard with the old car and the clothes

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nobody? see the connection with showing this programme about a flu pandemic
.....and its Flu/Swine Flu jab season...
Thought it was obvious

CX

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
A good documentary.

Lots to think about, especially for anyone new to prepping.

I'll take this over to the survival forum, but as far as a pandemic is concerned, its the meds situation that i would have to think about when it comes to my preps.

Have no antibiotics.

CX.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
cheapantibioticsonline.com... you can order them here or alot of places. I live in texas and before this crazy stuff on the border they are readilly available to purchase easily without perscription, I have that one aspect covered

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A great docudrama if only to highlight our weaknesses. It particularly said to me 'safety in numbers' - ie a bug out group of close and trusted friends. The last thing you need to be is mum , dad and 1 or 2 children bombing down the motorway to escape .... a convoy however ?

Spoiler alert....

The guy who died from septeceamia presumably .. I should probably consult the survivalist thread , however , I distinctly remember having iodine splashed over an open wound (courtesy of an NHS egyptian doctor in Kensington !!!) needless to say no complications arose.... These are the things in the absense of antibiotics we should perhaps consider stockpiling ? Along with identifying leaves growing around us which could in the absence of standard antibiotics help us out .

The alcohol comment also rang true..puccine (potato based high proof) would also aneathetize and hopefully de-=bug a very recent wound ?

Please feel free medics/more knowledgeable of ATS to cast this one out !

Greart drama though, and somehow uplifting in the re-birth concept of mankind and humanity generally.
edit on 28-10-2010 by slidingdoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Just a correction on your alcohol comment its Poteen not puccine , but i agree swamping a cut with high content alcohol would probably stop infection , after all aren't hospitals using alcoholic hand wash to stop infections in hospitals at the moment in an effort to stop transmission and infection from MRSA and Cdiff

new topics

top topics

join