It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet accurately predicted in 1934

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Oy! The 1900s meet the 60s meet the 2010s. Neat.

Which reminds me: Every decade since 1900 the picture got crisper.

If we keep going at this rate, the picture will get crisper than reality itself.

(to keep with s-dogs idea of "reality" being a holodeck)
edit on 28-10-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
until someone or something decides our tower is high enough and destroys society as we know it...

Someone very jealous and very extraterrestrial perhaps...like back in the day...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Somebody once told me Internet may have been described by Jules Verne much earlier but I couldnt find any references to that. So if anyone knows anything, feel free to post it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Mmm, couldn't find anything on that either, but he did predict several things rather accurately in what was at the time an unpublished novel:

"Paris in the 20th Century" was very accurate about technological advances, and in that respect it was exactly what Verne's publisher would have wanted. However, the social implications that Verne described for our current century were bleak indeed. In this early novel, Verne allows the world of the late 20th century to be ruled by an oppressive, totalitarian government. The fine arts are neglected in favor of meaningless and mindless entertainment. The hero of his story is not a conqueror and discoverer of new worlds, but is instead a desperate and lonely poet. Society at large is filled with a downtrodden spirit, satirical and uncompassionate. The sense of community has been destroyed. www.vision.org...

Jules Vernes predicted the NWO, our culture, and Depeche Mode ... who knew?

edit on 28 Oct 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It is very interesting, however, anyone can predict pretty much anything technological, and it might eventually come to pass. Not saying this guy didn't have a vision of sorts, but if I had written in 1985 of a dream of two towers, someone might say "oh he predicted" 9-11. If not that, somewhere in the world, two other towers might be used, or some Lord of the Rings reference might be applied.

Dreams of floating chariots are planes, helicopters, etc. Look at Star Trek, for example. Were the "inventions" in Star Treak predictions, or did we just manufacture them based of sci-fi? This response made more sense in my head, really it did.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
@ Skyfloating.

That's the one or should I say They...

reply to post by Divine Strake

Maybe it makes sense to you, but I've just read in this thread about 2 individuals that had it all figured out before Capt. James T Kirk was even born in a previous reïncarnation called Shatner.

Above that...

Science fiction is or comes from the imagination, and is a source of some pretty good ideas. Many of those ideas have become reality already.

The whole point is that the very first thing will be a thought in someones head.

That the thoughts from the OP came from a time so very different from now makes it so amazing IMO.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Paul Otlet was pretty genius but isn't it possible that black-ops already had this up and running in 1968?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigantea Rosa
It's always interesting to hear idea from years past, as well as their predications. If I can do a bit of an aside - does anyone remember some cartoons or shows which said by the year 2010 we'd all be living like the Jetsons?

We have to understand that it is quite possible that we already have the ability and technology depicted in the Jetsons by now. It is possible that the powers that be, are suppressing this technology from the population due to "national security".

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sourdiesel

Tesla did not predict cellphones, he pretty much invented telecommunications. He just correctly predicted that his ideas will be further refined through years by other engineers.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOOOOOOA.

Second video, last 10 seconds, my computer of the future will "alert the communal service agency" when it needs to be fixed. Who made that second video? Do you know? What is this communal service agency they were predicting?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Kinda struck me the fact they were portraying like something daily and normal to live a lifestyle of owing taxes, paying your car debt etc etc... kinda shows how they were already thinking our lives to be.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I agree. By no means did I intend to depreciate from the value of the thread or the importance of the prediction. The fact that this was a super finite description of the modern internet absolutely is intriguing. In rethinking my assessment, I must realize that I'm viewing the concept from today's veranda, rather than the past.

Sometimes, I guess I need to abandon my "even broken clocks are correct twice a day" mentallity, and appreciate the true source and vision of the prediction of the internet.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
There was a women called ada Lovelace - who designed the first computer program in 1840's who explained loads about computers back then:
www.youtube.com...

This is an article of her life:
www.ideafinder.com...

So just shows even back then she designed a computer
Funny world.

Just like to add... whats with the masonic floor as your profile picture? haha

Are you a mason?
edit on 28-10-2010 by Love-will-save-us-all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Infact # it. Am going to make a prediction. In future we will become so intelligent we will understand and make a small model of the earth working perfectly... which will show the inspiration of many others many things.

An later we will work out away in which to create a plante using magnatiem.

Thats my prediction and am sticking to it
haha

When I don't have clue...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I was thinking about this kind of stuff for a couple days. I was wondering how we could just happen to be where we are today like it was a neat little plan. I always thought it was weird sad coincidence that the society and culture has become so easily manipulated into zombie like cyborgs. So I was searching on the internet and found some smart wise man named Alan Watt and he says that the elite families and secret societies plan 50,100 to 150 years in advance on how they will make their changes to culture called predictive programming. These elites and secret societies will apparently show us there plans through movies, books etc. so that we will not really be surprised that it happens. They then give us these technologies to us and say how much better they are for us but in reality it is meant to oppress and distract us. So I believe that all that has happened in the world may not be just a mere coincidence. I really think more people should look into this man he has some pretty good knowledge and is very insightful.

Here's a link I don't know think I could put the actual video on this post but it's probably because I'm new here.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

Second video, last 10 seconds, my computer of the future will "alert the communal service agency" when it needs to be fixed. Who made that second video? Do you know? What is this communal service agency they were predicting?

I was waiting for some paranoid to pick up on that part. I agree, it sure is Orwellian.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Surely thats now microsoft automatic updates?

And when en error occurs it gives you the option to send/dont send although a logt is made anyway

Taliking of future technology i had a dream recently which despite being of epic proportions the main content of it i have forgotton, however i distinctly remember flicking through a motorcycly magazine and all the glossy ads on the pages were moving video clips.

Imagine that, movie clips embedded on paper in a magazine - awesome

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I remember reading a book when I was a kid, (there was a series of interesting science books for younger people) and it told about those two working on developing a telephone, both were unaware of each other at first, but then after a while it became a race to see who could finish and patent it first. IIRC the other guy only lost out on the patent by a few hours

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

And 30 year's after 1934

Here you go Sky Floating

The Father of the Satellite Speaks in 1964 !

Arthur C Clarke!

Now Listen Closely at the 1.50 Min mark!!
Cellphone's GPS World Wide Communication Internet... Tracking !

Arthur C Clarke predicting the future in 1964

His Prediction became The Start of a reality at the 2:35 Min Mark of what he talks about that is below !

Scientists Reveal Korea's First Internet Surgery Robot

Sunday, November 4th, 2007
www.koreaittimes.com...

The first internet-based remote-controlled surgical robot was demonstrated in South Korea last month. Professor Kim Yoon-hyuk from Kyung Hee University's College of Advanced Technology and Professors Rha Koon-ho and Hyung Woo-jin from Yonsei University College of Medicine's Robot Surgery Center built the robot, called Kyung Hee SR1. The robot was built with a grant of US$167,000 from the Korea Food and Drug Administration. The system consists of two robotic arms that measure 90 centimeters across and weigh 70 kilograms. The machine can be connected to the Internet and receive instructions from any doctor in the entire world.

April 8th, 2009

Robotic Surgery Via Internet?
weearth.com...

and Internet Conference Business Meeting's ? ! 2:50 Mark

Microsoft Meeting , IRC , Chat ETC, Pal Talk Face Book ETC....

and I may ADD this ! Without the Inventions & Ideas of Dough Engelbart the Internet Would Not Exist as we Know it ! The GUI & Mouse

Doug Engelbart: The Demo = Doug Engelbart giving the "mother of all Demos" 1968

Google Video Link

Xerox was the First to produce the Ideas of Doug Engelbart into a Computer

Xerox Alto
en.wikipedia.org...

The Alto was first conceptualized in 1972 in a memo written by Butler Lampson, inspired by the On-Line System (NLS) developed by Douglas Engelbart at SRI, and was designed primarily by Chuck Thacker. Manufacturing was sub-contracted to Clement Designlabs, whose team included Carl J. Clement, Ken Campbell and Fred Stengel [

Then Windows As we Know it ( Windows 1.0 to Windows 7 ) a Basic Copy of a Unix like Based System GUI of Apple LISA & Macintosh As the LISA/MAC Creation was influenced from the Xerox ALTO Computer
Xerox Alto Demo

This is a demostration of the Xerox Alto computer in 1974. The Alto, introduced in 1973, but never commercially produced, was perhaps the most innovative design in computer history: it had a mouse, a GUI, an object-oriented OS and development tools, and fast networking with the first ethernet cards. These are features that wouldn't be common until 10 years later, and even 20 years later some of them were still cutting edge.

a Demo of the Alto = in japanese skip to the best parts :LOL: i could not Find a Better Vid's Sorry

The Xerox Alto was an early personal computer developed at Xerox PARC in 1973. It was the first computer to use the desktop metaphor and graphical user interface (GUI). It was not a commercial product, but several thousand units were built and were heavily used at PARC, other Xerox facilities, and at several universities for many years. The Alto greatly influenced the design of personal computers in the following decades, notably the Macintosh and the first Sun workstations. It is now very rare and is a valuable collector's item

Xerox Mockingbird (1980) WOW Amazing !
www.youtube.com...

Great thread by the way thanks for posting the Vids !

edit on 29-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: Google vid fix

edit on 29-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: at demo of Alto

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join