It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Country ~11:30pm LOUD sounds in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Location: Orange County, Ca, near the intersection of the 5 and 405 freeways
Time: Right now, Oct 27, First observed roughly 11:30pm, event ongoing as I type this ~11:45
(EDIT: Whatever it was seems to be over. Was not watching the clock, but I'm guessing it lasted about 20-30 minutes.)

Laying in bed about ten minutes ago I heard a LOUD sound that for lack of a better description sounded kind of like a low pitch, two note chord of a quality resembling a cross between an airplane, freeway noise, and whale song.

Opened my window, initial noise continued for 5-10 seconds, then volume decreased. No sense of danger, no obvious visual oddities. Did a self-check, got dressed, went downstairs. Stood in back yard on top of child's playground toy to watch and listen. Still saw no visual oddities, but sound remains. Sounds like it's coming from the direction of the ocean, and sounds like it's propagating over many miles.

Is no longer loud enough to be heard through the walls of my house, but easily loud enough to be heard over the freeway noise. Sound has changed a number of times, both in pitch and volume. A few times it's crossed into the range of low pitch and loud enough that I can "almost feel" the vibrations. On second observation, best attempt to describe it is that it sounds like a "mechanical whale song" deep and loud enough to be heard over a great distance.

Nothing to see, nothing to take pictures of. No reason so far to believe it's aliens or the world ending...it's a noise.

This is loud enough that somebody else has to have heard it.
edit on 28-10-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
First thing I thought of was Clover of Cloverfield. >.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Do you have some sort of recording device? Voice memo function on the iPhone would work great, but its probably a bit too late. I am on the east coast so no chance i heard it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I live in the Pacific Northwest, not too far from the Canadian border....and about 7pm. this evening there was a very loud jet engine sound with somewhat "whale song" noise, as you described it, go over my house as well.

Lots of people heard it...said it looked like a really big Jet at a very low altitude. Odd though, any jet that comes through this area is at least holding 1000 ft. One of my reports said it looked like an A300 roughly 600 feet above a 60ft. building....(note: all measurements are the closest guesstimates for on the spot.)

Never seen this before in the area...odd goings on...but not like this. Maybe your sound considering your location was a Jet plane as well?

~holly

ETA: Heard it for at least a good 7 - 8 minutes till it was out of the area.
edit on 28-10-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Do you have some sort of recording device?

Gaming headset on my computer, and I did briefly consider moving my desktop out into the backyard to try to record it, but whatever it was it seems to be over now.

I'm next to two of the largest freeways in the world, and between an international airport and a marine base. So loud noises aren't exactly unsual. But this was something I hadn't heard before.

Unfortunately I'm second guessing mysef right now, busily coming up with all sorts of mundane explanations for what it might have been,...but I spent half an hour outside half expecting to see a mile long alien mothership come up out of the ocean, or space whales humping, or something.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, not too far from the Canadian border

I'm about 80 miles north of mexico. According to google earth, the canadian border is almost 1000 miles north. If whatever it was was loud enough to be heard from that far away, then everyone in the westernmost third of the united states would have heard it.

So I'm guessing your jet was not what I heard.

Maybe your sound considering your
location was a Jet plane as well?

Planes are common in this area, but that's not what this sounded like.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well again east coast but a few years ago mind u i was 12 and now 19. There was a similar noise in my home town in NC it did not last as long nor was heard as far away. It was the middle of the night during fall cause i had my window open. I heard a loud noise sonic boom is the best way to describe it but the noise lasted for a very long time not 20 min but much longer than typical 1 or 2 that a jet would be.

note: alien invasion would suck. money on gov testing some really crazy tech maybe bomb or sound ratification considering there was no lights?

new topics

top topics

join