It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Apathetic people make me sick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Terry Lakin has given his life, his fortune, and his sacred honor for the Republic of America.

www.safeguardourconstitution.com...

A man of his stature, fighting for us, and no one gives a damn?

Bradley Manning.

www.aolnews.com...

A whistle blower, a true American. a lover of peace and liberty.

He rots in jail, and no one gives a damn?

You people, absolutley make me sick with your apathetic ways.

When will you stand up and be counted? Perhaps never, I fear.

God damn this country.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
*Stands up to be counted*

I am Spartacus!
edit on 26-10-2010 by CeasarKhanTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

And what exactly have you done personally other than point a finger on a forum on the internet?

Just curious

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Forgive me but what can people do? It is good that you are raising awareness of the subject by writing an ATS thread but I think you are going in a bit too hard on everyone. What are you doing personally that others aren't? (Apart from writing this thread?)

If you want to try and do something about it all I can suggest is writing up a petition, get some signatures (E-Petition) and then send it off to every government establishment, law establishment and I guess congress?

Other than that I cannot help you my friend, although I understand your concern.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hi,

Same apathy in my country too. When I talk about standing up everyone goes into Fear Mode at the idea of "Revolution" which as we know historically always required some bloodshed/martyrs, some prison terms, etc.

Everyone I have ever known is happy to let things go as they are now, while complaining about it half the time, just because they are afraid that it will be them who feel the wrath of TPTB.

While revolution can be done peacefully by those revolting... it is TPTB who bring the bloodhsed, usually. Not saying that small groups of trouble-makers with their own agenda don't start the strife we often see reported where groups of people stand together.

What it will take is for a majority to finally reach their breaking-point, so finally get to the point of saying "Enough is Enough" and then band together to force the much needed changes in our society. Until then we are doomed to play out the Slave-Roles determined for us well before we were born so that we may support the 2% Elite in the population.

Sad really that so many are so scared to stand up and be counted in the vastly superior numbers of those adverselty effected by the Elite and it's long arm..TPTB.

Edit to add... May I also say that filling out paperwork and getting names in support does nothing if anything to make the important changes we need to be making right now. So you will all have to stand up together and go to your Heads of State to show in force that you will not stand for the corruption and waste, the greed and inequality that has brough us to the point that we find ourselves Powerless.
edit on 26-10-2010 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
woah man totally uncalled for

i am sorry i wasted time in this thread.

as my signature states i do not chat with those whose minds are sick.

meh

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Meh, ok. Not sure if I should care.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Word... The internet complain-gang... Whole lotta movers and shakers online, right?
Look in the mirror.

edit on 26-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

We do not need a revolution. No matter what. The purpose of this hollographic school is to learn how to grow up and become compassionate, mature people with unconditional love. We don't need them to dump karma on our hands and then depopulate with all their documents coded to slavery, straw man tactics of ownership, and the corperations with Logos often mystery school, egyptian, eye of horus. We don't need to have them dump karma on us, and then send us off in death to these negative channels they've sold us out to.

We win, alive or dead, by reaching the next level, imagining eutopia and modeling our behavior as much as possible on what we think that means.

We need to form councils, speak up, invite them to join with us, send them compassion too, perhaps general stirkes, and keep waking others up to join in.

We need to learn to not react and take charge of this problem to the best abiltiies we can do peacefully.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Looks like to me he is arguing on a technacality. I'm not a military person, but if all his "brothers in arms" are following the Commander and Chief then why can't he.

Maybe because he is a racist? Did he have a problem with Bush for saying there was weapons of mass destruction....then there was none?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
woah man totally uncalled for

i am sorry i wasted time in this thread.

as my signature states i do not chat with those whose minds are sick.

meh

lol, so you would say that you're a wise man?

Not only is that arrogant, but it's also condescending. Wise men are neither of those.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

well i cannot do anything really, i live in the u.k., but even if i could, it would of been a bit hard as this is the first i have ever heard about it.

maybe you should take this into consideration.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Maybe I didn't read the website correctly but these seemed to be a two fold issue. One Terry refusing to deploy to Aphganistan and two the birther thing with Obama. Which is so old...All who enlist know that they may be taken to areas where they just don't want to be and I'm sorry to say Afganistan is one of those places. Right or wrong he enlisted and he is obliged to serve his country and follow orders. As far as the Obama birth certificate argument do you really think that if he did not have a legit birth certificate the republicans wouldn't have jumped all over him. This was going on during the elections and you mean to tell me that Palin and McCain wouldn't have followed up on this...fox news...the O'Reily Factor? Let it go newbie...and stop insulting the members.

As far as the wiki leaks although I am interested in the information that is let out I don't feel bad for the young man who leaked it. He did it with the knowledge that this sensitive information would eventually lead to a court martial. Does it change the war knowing that innocent people have died? No....the difference between the wars from the 90's on is simply the internet. Innocent people have been getting killed either by friendly fire or as a casualty of war and that will never change and is simply part of war itself. Do I accept the good with the bad? Absolutely. Did I ever serve in the armed services? No but it is one of my biggest regret. If you are not pleased with this country and you feel you need to damn it leave or run for office and make your own changes but insulting people is no way to start...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
OK, so this man is jailed for refusing to deploy to Afghanistan because he for some reason thinks that Obama is not a citizen of the US (Which reminds me... how many who talk about that would have had a problem with John McCain as president considering he was born in Panama???)

All that Birther nonsense aside ( and it is nonsense because let's be honest, if he was not a citizen one of his opponents would have found that out and outed him a long time ago ( dirty politics) and then there is the fact that the state of Hawaii has verified that he was in fact born in that state, along with the United States Government checking to make sure he was eligible....)

This man, who joined the military, broke the law by refusing to deploy for a nonsensical reason. He was jailed for doing so. That is what happens when you break the law. You go to jail. So you have a problem with our justice system it seems? You have a problem with people being places in jail for breaking the law?

So would you like to let out the murderers, rapists, robbers and child molesters as well? Here is the bottom line. This man broke the law and he is paying the consequences. If you wish for the law to be changed so that any one who breaks the law has to face no consequences, feel free to protest.... But don't expect many people to join you.

Sorry to disappoint, but I just do not share your outrage.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CeasarKhanTheGreat

I AM SPARTACUS.

IS THE ONLY ANSWER

edit on 26-10-2010 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

arrogance and condescension are rich on this website and since you dont know me

i would reserve that judgement.

but you made it and you didnt have any problems with the intial op

which i did.

a whislter blower and a lover of peace who wait joined the military makes no sense.

for some person to call me apathetic is arrogant and condescending.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Tayesin

We do not need a revolution. No matter what. The purpose of this hollographic school is to learn how to grow up and become compassionate, mature people with unconditional love. We don't need them to dump karma on our hands and then depopulate with all their documents coded to slavery, straw man tactics of ownership, and the corperations with Logos often mystery school, egyptian, eye of horus. We don't need to have them dump karma on us, and then send us off in death to these negative channels they've sold us out to.

We win, alive or dead, by reaching the next level, imagining eutopia and modeling our behavior as much as possible on what we think that means.

We need to form councils, speak up, invite them to join with us, send them compassion too, perhaps general stirkes, and keep waking others up to join in.

We need to learn to not react and take charge of this problem to the best abiltiies we can do peacefully.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you on modelling what we want to become in the future, it seems that the progress is slow for this timeframe. Very few are waking up to how to change things long term, although that too will change as more time passes.

My post was more on the what you can do now scenario, which is not so different from your proposals other than my thoughts on the greater numbers arriving on Government's doorsteps to demand change and participate in that process.

As you know, apathy is a plague by a different name, one that erodes the core, the strengths needed to participate in the process needed.

I am a firm believer in peaceful means but am also aware that making change now will require a staunchness seemingly lost to apathy for now, and maybe until people individually reach their Limits of what they will take. And, it's obvious to me that the best intentions to be peaceful will be hit hard by TPTB anyway.. no matter how peaceful the mass of people be.

So this is what makes me think we need preparedness for all probable scenarios as we try to forge a future based on equality and fairness, honesty and transparency.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

failsy.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Whine Flu

arrogance and condescension are rich on this website and since you dont know me

i would reserve that judgement.

but you made it and you didnt have any problems with the intial op

which i did.

a whislter blower and a lover of peace who wait joined the military makes no sense.

for some person to call me apathetic is arrogant and condescending.

The last sentence may be true, but practice what you preach eh? If you want me to reserve my judgement, then should you not be obliged to reserve yours? I didn't really care about the OP so that would make me the apathetic person, too.

Woo, now this is a tricky situation!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
A soldier refusing to deploy in a time of war over objections over birther nonsense is not a hero. He's a mutinous man who is using the Orly Taitz BS as an out.

From the United States' Uniform Code of Military Justice:

Art. 94. (§ 894.) 2004 Mutiny or Sedition.

(a) Any person subject to this code (chapter) who—

(1) with intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuses, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;
(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;
(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.

(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.

We are at war and in a less politically correct atmosphere this man would have swung.

Hero? Please....

Then again, judging by your OP and your own words:

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
God damn this country.

I doubt you'd get this concept at all.

~Heff
edit on 10/27/10 by Hefficide because: bad bb tag

top topics

<<   2 >>

join