It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Monolith On Mars Moon Phobos CONFIRMED By Astronaut! -Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The "Phobos Monolith" was initially discovered by independent research colleague, Efrain Palermo in 1998. Palermo also had a bit of help from another independent rearcher, Lan Fleming -- as they both attempted to analyze the curious "artifact" captured on a Mars Surveyor telescopic image of the side of Phobos visible from Mars. Link to article

edit on 26-10-2010 by discl0sur3 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
God put it there?

That explains it then.

Is Buzz the only astronaut who likes the limelight? I don't think he does himeslf any favours.

Thanks for the video anyway, i've read about this on ATS before, video has been here too.

CX.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Buzz Aldrin is a crazy old kook working as a pawn for NASA to try and get more money injected into the space program by stirring up the publics' imagination.

"who put that there? who put that there?"...

there is no monolite on phobos anymore than there is a face on marks. It's just a trick of light and low resolution.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Even though my first thought is "it could be natural", I doubt it is natural because usually there would be similar structures in the vicinity. The fact that it is all by itself makes it suspicious. Looks like someone needs to send a rover there to check it out.

We need more data.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
While I would love if this was a monolith put there by a different civilization, I highly doubt it.

There is nothing that shows that this could not be just a lone standing rock at a weird position with a weird reflection on it.

I am not a debunker, and would actually like this to be a good piece of evidence, but to me it is to vague. I would have said the face on Mars was better and then that kind of turned out to be a trick of light.

I would need more pictures and evidence to think that this was a monolith. The disturbed soil around it does look interesting though, and that would be good if we had more pictures of that. Would be interesting if we saw footprints.

Pred...
edit on 26-10-2010 by predator0187 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Just wait I will bet we have some members here who will knock your socks off on this one.

What is it? I say remains of past civilizations on the planet. I would like to think still in use.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I respectfully disagree. If there is one thing that nature has taught us, it's that perfectly symmetrical shapes do not occur naturally. I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion but as far as I'm concerned the top of that monolith looks pretty damn square.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Now, If indeed this is real and not some photographic quark, then to me there would be no douet that there is other life out there.
But on a silly note, it kinda reminds me of the TARDIS

Vince

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

And I respectfully disagree with you --- this artifact notwithstanding. There are countless examples of perfect symmetry in nature. Look at crystals... even enormous ones for natural symmetry.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Can you tell me why I should get excited about a non-symmetrical object on the surface that probably was just a piece of ejecta from a collision long ago?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

I respectfully disagree. If there is one thing that nature has taught us, it's that perfectly symmetrical shapes do not occur naturally. I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion but as far as I'm concerned the top of that monolith looks pretty damn square.

Umm I have to say that the top of the monlith doesn't look to square for me. I would agree if it looked somehwhat perfectly square but from the pictures it doesnt even look close. I would do the analysis if I wasn't on an iPad.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
FYI, This is not new. It has been thoroughly discussed here and here

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

And I respectfully disagree with you --- this artifact notwithstanding. There are countless examples of perfect symmetry in nature. Look at crystals... even enormous ones for natural symmetry.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Wouldn't a crystal be considered more of a chaotic symmetry? ie.I've never seen one with 90 degree angles. To the best of my knowledge there is only one thing in nature that exhibits this anomaly. The eye of a lobster. It shows a remarkable geometry not found elsewhere in nature - it has tiny facets that are perfectly square, so it almost looks like "perfect graph paper." ... I could be wrong

CX

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

"Pretty damn square" can be a very wrong assumption from a great distance though.

I bet that if the picture below had been taken on Mars though, we'd all be shouting alien monolyths.

Giants Causeway

CX.
edit on 26/10/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
FYI, This is not new. It has been thoroughly discussed here and here

I agree that this monolith isn't new as mentioned in my OP. I was more referring to the video admission of it's existence by Buzz

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

"Pretty damn square" can be a very wrong assumption from a great distance though.

I bet that if the picture below had been taken on Mars though, we'd all be shouting alien monolyths.

Giants Causeway

CX.
edit on 26/10/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

My apologies, perhaps my "technical" terminology could use some work

Your point is valid but great distance is subjective terminology, these images were taken from the (MRO)Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter at a distance of only 5800KM's at very high resolution.

To add to this case, the shadow is undeniably symmetrical as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I totally agree. A plore to get money , so that they can get funded in some way or other. To keep them employed. that is all this is. WHAT IS THAT , WHAT IS THAT. How stupid do these people think we are. I'm sure someone will bite, Not this old owl.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The second link was to a thread titled Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!! dated 7/23/2009. It also contains the same video as the OP.

I know, sometimes we run across stuff and think "Oh, this would be perfect for ATS", but please, use the search function. It's actually quite helpful.

Not trying to come across as snarky, just saying

edit on 10/26/2010 by Juston because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Lol...my bad. Thought I dug up something ground breaking

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

there is no monolite on phobos anymore than there is a face on marks.
It's just a trick of light and low resolution.

"Our scientists have made it perfectly clear that there is too much oxygen in the third planets' atmosphere to support life."

-- Yll

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join