It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Horror Movies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It is Halloween, and I have been watching a lot of Horror Movies and I kind of wonder what everybody thinks are the best horror movies ever made our? Here is a list I have compiled and a short reason... some are not good movies but just had great Idea's

Shockwaves..... This is not a strong movie at all, but the idea of Underwater Nazi Zombies is one of the coolest idea's ever, if not the best executed.

Halloween III.... I think this movie, was totally under rated for it's lack of Michael Myers, but It's still a strong Halloween themed Movie... A Halloween mask the kills you is much more frightening then a serial killer.

Trick or Treat... This little movie, that came out a few years was a fantastic little gem that I had low expectation's for... but it's a wonderful anthology movie with just enough horror with a little fairy tale mixed in for measure.

Hellraiser... What can I say, this movie changed Horror forever

CHUD... terror from below the streets of new york... big rubber monster fun

The Horror of Dracula... almost all the early Hammer movies... could be on this list. Hammer films it was all about atmosphere creepy fog, bats, and grave yards.

the Fog... a underrated creepy ghost story... with dead leper ghost, with red eyes...

and of course the Exorcist is still one of the scariest movies off all time... and one of the few movies I won't watch by myself...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
CHUD is amazing.

I'm too drunk to put together a good list right now but:

The Shining
The Phantom Creeps
Nosferatu
The Innocents

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Phantom Creeps...Thats MST3k fodder but enjoyable
now Night Of The Creeps was a classic 80's movie that is still good... Directed by Fred Dekker who also directed Monster Squad another great movie

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've never seen a truly good horror movie so I include B movies.

MST3K is the best show ever.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Demon Wind

www.imdb.com...

The Changeling with George C Scott

www.imdb.com...

These two are scary as hell! Don't watch alone!

Buwahahahahahahhaahhhhaaaaa!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I agree with The Exorcist. Timeless.

Also, The Birds. It is strange and creepy.

I don't like the original Amityville Horror either.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The Serpent and the Rainbow based on a true story where a medical researcher goes to Haiti to try and procure Zombie powder,the Ton Ton Macute bad guy had some serious bad voodoo mojo.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
www.imdb.com...
Wana be scared? Watch : The Ring

edit on 24-10-2010 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Be even more scared and watch the original version of The Ring, which is Ringu. Also, the original version of The Grudge- Ju-on.

My favourites:

House of 1,000 Corpses
Devils Rejects
Abandoned
Mum and Dad
Eraserhead
Descent
Books of Blood
Midnight Meat Train
Hellraiser (1 and 2 only!!)
Saw (1 only!)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 2
Dumplings (Gaau ji )
Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge (Negatibu happî chênsô ejji)
La Horde
Zombieland
28 days
Land of the Dead

I'd better stop- Horror flicks are my favorite. We could be here all night with me listing movies to watch

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
As another memner said 'The Serpent and the Rainbow' is an exellent movie.
Based on Haiti Voodoo Magic.

'Re-Animator', crazy movie about a crazy Dr who brings back dead people.

'From Beyond', another crazy movie about a machine that gets built to resonate your pineal gland!
Everything goes haywire though as expected.

'Demons', Dario Argentos 80s flick, still a classic. I love the music lol
It involves people trapped in a cinema turning into and being attacked by Demons.

and if you like your classics then, 'The Haunted Palace', i love this movie because of the atmosphere and the performance by Vincent Price. It has a great soundtrack, very creepy.

'The Changeling' 1980, i watched it last night again after a very long time and it is an exellent movie.

Hey i saw 'Shockwaves' too. Like you said they didnt execute it well but i managed to watch it all and was not entirely disapointed.

Happy Halloween

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

yes MST3K was the best show ever, It gave you a chance to watch some really bad movies and have a really great time doing it...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

house of a 100 corpses,,, hands down,,, a real scary,,, notfake freddy krueger scary

devils rejects was awesome to but more thriller,psychotic than horror in my mind

both awesome

simpsons tree house of horror

district 9?????

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Salem's Lot - loved this movie, some really creepy scenes, and some jump scare scenes.

The Fog - just really creepy. (the older version, not the remake)

Prince of Darkness - creepy, and can you see a John Carpenter theme going?

The Shining - slow, but when it gets going....

Ghost Ship - highly underrated modern movie, but very creepy and well done....

House on Haunted Hill - very creepy, and great story. (the remake)

The Omen - big fan of biblical horror, loved the whole series.

The Exorcist - see above, the biblical horror thing.

Thirteen Ghosts - another underrated modern movie (the remake)

Night of the Living Dead - the old Romero classic, and still creepy as hell. He created a whole horror genre with this film.

IT - you have to have some time to kill for this Miniseries, but you'll definitely have trouble sleeping

Poltergeist - can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet. This film gave me nightmares as a kid. Excellent!

28 Days Later - fast zombies? Yikes!

Saw - mostly the first one, but enjoyed the sequels too.

In the Mouth of Madness - another Carpenter film, and a creepy one, with the very creepy Sam Neil (who was also an older Damien in one of the Omen flicks)

Event Horizon - another one with Sam Neil...a thinking man's horror film.

Village of the Damned - of course, per the avatar. Creepy kids are just plain...well, creepy.

The Blob - this kind of creature is just scary. Personally though, the blob featured in one of the Tales from the Darkside movies, with the kids on the raft in the lake....THAT was damn scary...

The Blair Witch Project - before knowing it was fiction, it does a great job of scaring you, especially if you see any of the fake documentaries before the movie.

I'm sure there are some that I'm forgetting, but these would definitely be in my list of top horror movies.

The Ring - really good flick, and very creepy.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Two more:

The Haunting - just a great ghost story

Sphere - pretty cool little mystery time thriller, and very underrated...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'ma Reanimator and Evil Dead sorta guy.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

oh no i forgot Evil Dead! I am not worthy!

One of my favourite all three. But the best for me is the second.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

hell yea its the second! high five!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think Jacobs Ladder is one of the best ever made, and certain scenes still freak me out now, plus it has a whole government conspiracy story over the top of it which should suit ATS members.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I thought about including Evil Dead, but kind of a combination of horror and comedy somewhat (especially Army of Darkness)....though at least one of them was more horror. Just like Jason and Freddy movies, there's just a bit too much cheese in some of them to be flat out horror....
They're fun, and entertaining, but not really all that scary.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I just thought of something that everybody should watch the abdominal Dr Phibes, and Dr Phibes Rises Again...
Vincent Price classic

<<   2 >>

join