It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cholera Outbreak Kills at least 142 in Haiti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Cholera Outbreak Kills at least 142 in Haiti

houseandhomegazette.com

Presidet Rene Preval confirmed today that cholera has broken out in central Haiti. At least 142 are dead as Haiti works to contain the disease.
This is Haiti’s worst medical crisis since it was hit by a massive earthquake on January 12 this year. The cholera has broken out in an area just north of Port-au-Prince, in the Central Plateau and Lower Artibonite regions. This rural area is home to thousands of quake refugies.
Aid workers aid that a cholera outbreak has been a concern ever since the earthquake.
Over 1500 cases of cholera had been reported late last night. The disease causes vomi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.9and10news.com

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the survival rate for a Cholera infection is, but I worry that since Haiti is in such terrible shape anyway that this could be very bad. how are most of these people, suppose to practice good hygiene? What I am not sure about is can Cholera be transmitted from person to person, or just through food and water? I know it is bacteria, and works like a amped up food poisoning.

houseandhomegazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is so sad, it was bad enough that thousands of lives, they really don't know how many for sure, were lost in the quake, Cholera is very bad, I hope they don't have more cases but unfortunately I think they will, things seem to be getting worse there not better, I know the people are trying to be helped but maybe not enough plus there are so many involved that need help that it's overwhelming...bless them.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

yes, Haiti sure seems to be getting kicked when she is down.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They were given millions of dollars after the earthquake and I bet the top heads of figures took that money stashed it and moved to an island somewhere fuggin sick!

join