It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP Questions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
If you were going to conduct some E.V.P (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) Sessions.

What questions would you want to ask?
What would count as definative proof for you that the EVP's were'nt fake?

I ve already done some EVP sessions and have had mixed results. Certainly nothing i would put online yet anyways. Im planning on taking it up a notch and conducting a well thought out, comprehensive set of experiments.

One, to try and satisfy the more scientific concerns people may have about EVP's.

Two, to develop an all in one system that can be rolled out where ever i do these sessions, so comparisons can be made and conclusions drawn.

I would particularly like to hear from sceptics on this one. Only they would know what would satisfy their, need for proof. I have to say that i will be aproaching this with sceptisism for the sake of fair experiments. Although i should also point out that im a believer in Ghosts.

Thanks for any input.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Something definitive i.e. other than a phrase that can be interpreted as a name.

Not too sure whether I believe in EVP or not but it's definitely interesting, good luck and I'll watch this thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Thanks for your reply

Can you not think of any questions that you would ask if you could?

You must have at least one.

edit on 23/10/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Okay, I would ask something like "can you describe the after life?" although I'm not too sure that EVP usually includes long answers so if it was to be a one word answer I'd probably ask something like "What's your star sign?"

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Well what i intend to do is forst establish contact, by asking out and leaving a pause, then rewinding the recording on the spot, to instantly see whether anythings been caught. Then once i have some sign, i'll procceed to ask questions. So if there really is a spirit there. A long answer may not be out of the question. As a back up i'll have a second recorder that i wont stop in any way. To record everything that happens. This will be backed up by video evidence of the session.

Whats the afterlife like?
Whats your star sign?

Perfectly reasonable questions so i'll add them to the list.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Okay nice one, I'll be interested to see what you get.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Okay, I would ask something like "can you describe the after life?" although I'm not too sure that EVP usually includes long answers so if it was to be a one word answer I'd probably ask something like "What's your star sign?"

Great question, but many that die don't realize they are dead. Worth asking though.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What is next weeks lottery numbers?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Use headphones. On all the TV ghost shows I have seen they do an EVP and do not listen to the recording until later. I have seen what could have been a lot of missed chances for a ono-on-one chat with what ever is answering. And I like the idea of a master recorder that would not be stopped being used as a back up.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

If only i thought they could tell the future, that would be my first question

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

So you think i should ask if they know they're dead aswell.

No problem.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Thats exactly why im doing it the way i intend to. Theres no point asking anything, if theres no one there to answer. A two way conversation caught on two recorders would be the holy grail as far as im concerned.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

That is my point. You are just getting started into this and you can see this so what is up with those people on TV that have been in it of for years. Sounds like you would be better at it than them so what is their problem? Maybe they are just more interested in making money than really getting something meaningfully on tape. Be sure to upload anything you do get for us, OK.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Questions you might want to ask are:
[1] Name(s)?
[2] How/When they died?
[3] Ask them if they have a message?
*Be polite though, as ex-people ghosts have feelings, and it might not be the best idea to go pulling on nerve strings. "Did you really kill your entire family?"

What I would suggest is to go to a known haunted house or establishment where lots of paranormal activity takes place and conduct your experiments there, but...
[1] Don't research the place
[2] Don't let anyone divulge details while they're letting you tour the place.
You want to go in a blank slate.

When all of your tests are done, and all of your results are documented, then conduct your research and see if there are any parallels between names or information.

Just like any lab scientist's experimentation, your research needs to be sterile and not subject to bias. My Father and Mother-in-Law make a hobby of studying paranormal activity, and this is how they conduct all of their research. Also (if you take photographs), make sure your lenses are spotless. You don't want dust or fingerprints giving you false positives on your pics. If you can afford it get an infrared and/or night vision video camera. Flashes are the bane of any good ghost photographer.
edit on 23-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

If your anything like me, you probably find yourself getting annoyed with these ghost programmes because they claim to be conducting serious experiments and then do anything but. Its the main reason that i dont take any of them seriously anymore, but i still watch just in case they do catch something that catches them off guard. That and comedy value.

Of course i'll post any findings as long as im convinced by it. I'll be stting my self up for some flack so i want to make sure all the bases are covered. Hence this market research if you want to call it that.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Sorry mactire i missed you there.

Great advice

To show some respect i intend to do some kind of protection ritual first, and ask them nicley to make contact. Not just shout and hope they get angry and react. Some of my questions will ask whether there is anything i can do for them, Some will be small talk if you like, nothing too profound. See if i can earn their trust like you would with someone who's alive. Then ill preform a blessing of some kind before i end.

If you or anyone has an protection or blessing rituals that may be apropriate please share.

I understand your concerns about locations aswell, It will be somewhat difficult to find out what locations are haunted with out some proof of that. However when it comes to the investigation i'll be looking for specifics anyways. I may also have to visit the same location on a few occations just as control. If i get exactly the same answers at the same time, regardless of what i ask. Then i'll know that someones transmitting them artificialy.

Just realised how complicated this is going to get.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I guess that in getting the information on your locations, you could try and refrain from getting names or dates.
I'll tell you what I've always wanted to do, was to visit and spend the night in the castle of Vlad Tepes. Apparently no ones has been able to do it. There use to be a cash reward for anyone who could spend the night there. I like to think I'm up for the challenge

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Ive just had a quick look their, God that looks creepy.

If i ever decide to take this beyond the U.K then that has to be on my hitlist. I would even go there just to experince it. I'll see if i can find any previouse investigations online anywhere, see if its as scarey as its made out to be.

Its a challenge i would definatley like to take up, money or not.

Well i had a look and theres nothing but ghosthunters international. I watched it but they were just crashing about with cameras as usual and they never spent the whole night there from what i could tell. I do like some of the tech they use, if only they'd get the best out of it.
edit on 23/10/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

If you were going to conduct some E.V.P (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) Sessions.

What questions would you want to ask?

Ask them, "Where are you?" It might elicit a more positive response than, "Are you aware that you're dead?" (Just imagine if some stranger asked you that!)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Interesting thread. I've been looking into EVPs for a long time. I think some questions I would ask would be
1 - What year is it?

2- Are you dead?

3-Do you breath?

4-Do you sleep?

I think there are two types of spirits, intelligent and residual energy imprints in time. The residual energy imprints are just like a tape being played over and over. I strongly believe the paranormal feeds off earthly energy such as ley lines, quartz, limestone, human energy, moving water (rivers), etc...Those things act as a conductor for paranormal activity. I also believe spirits can draw energy from batteries and or electrical devices.

Another type of EVP device is called a 'Ghost Box'which scans radio frequencys and spirits can speak to you real time through the white noise. A big problem people have is any response could be the radio, which is understandable. So in order to try and prevent that I mad a thick box wrapped in alluminum foil to try and prevent as much radio signal as possible. For the most part it eliminates all radio signal and its just left with sweeping through white noise. I modified a radio shack handheld am/fm radio to do this, here is the model and directions I use --> www.examiner.com... I hope some of this information helps you in your studies! Here are a couple ghost box videos

Edit to Add- Another technique of EVP you may find interesting is ITC (Instrumental TransCommunicaion) device that runs through Skype. All you need to do is add "crossovertalk" to your contact list. I am still working with this and have had some odd results. It was created by Bill Chappell of Digital Dowsing. Anytime doing EVPs its always a good idea to video record your sessions, along with atleast one voice recorder, and even use an EMF guage or some other instrument that can measure energy in the air.

edit on 23/10/10 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/10/10 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join