It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on the table'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
www.dallasnews.com...

WASHINGTON – Republican congressional candidate Stephen Broden stunned his party Thursday, saying he would not rule out violent overthrow of the government if elections did not produce a change in leadership.

In a rambling exchange during a TV interview, Broden, a South Dallas pastor, said a violent uprising "is not the first option," but it is "on the table." That drew a quick denunciation from the head of the Dallas County GOP, who called the remarks "inappropriate."

Broden, a first-time candidate, is challenging veteran incumbent Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson in Dallas' heavily Democratic 30th Congressional District. Johnson's campaign declined to comment on Broden.

What do ATS members think about this option?

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
edit on Fri Oct 22 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think before we could honestly consider overthrowing the government violently they must first be harming all of us directly. Not just because an election doesn't give you the results you want, that is 100% childish and immature, I truly believe people like him should be locked up in jail for treason.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

It's a damn good option and one fully supported by the founding fathers. Most would hope it doesnt come to bloodshed, but the fact that it is a viable option at this point is a sad commentary on what Americans have let this nation become.

I really dont see any other way around it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I think before we could honestly consider overthrowing the government violently they must first be harming all of us directly. Not just because an election doesn't give you the results you want, that is 100% childish and immature, I truly believe people like him should be locked up in jail for treason.

Your future, and that of your family is being directly harmed by our current puppet government.

Your wallet is being harmed. Your freedoms are being harmed.

Should I continue?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

I was going to reply to the same post you just did,but I couldn't find it within myself to put it in such a nice way.

This country is a bunch of spineless,shortsighted little trough feeding weasels....

Not everybody,but almost.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Regarding Stephen Broden's comments, what an un-American thing to do. Don't like the election results, then overthrow the government. A favorite tactic of 3rd world countries and bratty kids that don't get their way.

One thing is certain, this guy won't get elected now.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Regarding Stephen Broden's comments, what an un-American thing to do. Don't like the election results, then overthrow the government. A favorite tactic of 3rd world countries and bratty kids that don't get their way.

Un-American?

Just out of curiosity, do you know how this country was founded?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In other words if Americans keep voting for the other party we may get violent and force our party upon them.

I am surprised he doesn't spit on the American flag. He certainty is spitting on all the Americans who gave their lives to help preserve democracy in our country.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Un-American?

Are the conservatives really that desperate? Your voice should be at heard at the polls. If you don't win, that places you in the minority. Minority rule is un-American.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

apparently you don't... perhaps you should brush up on American history

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Typical delusional anti-government crowed. I am not being harmed, not yet anyways, and neither is 99% of the population. There is corruption and abuse in our government but like it or not, we are one of the best off when it comes to our freedoms.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
same thread title

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

apparently you don't... perhaps you should brush up on American history

This country was founded by revolution.

Hopefully that is not a surprise to you.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You are not being harmed? Do you have a job? A family?

Congratulations, thanks to our criminally corrupt cartel in DC, you and your family are now responsible for a debt the likes of which has never been seen.

Since you dont consider being placed in debt harmful, mind if I start sending you bills too?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I think republicans neo-cons are getting crazy up there at yours in US ....
poor democracy, sorry I mean dollarcracy .....
they get fascist attitudes up there ..
I hope USA can defend itself because with teapotters drinking tea out of that pot full of mind-drugging ideas you will be in trouble in a few years !!!
poor america
where is the time of Easy Rider ??? some were crazy yet in that time period ( I mean at the end of the film when they were shot by crazy fascistoid imbecils ) but now it gives me the impression they want to overthrow total society and install the United States Of American Tea Pot Stupids !!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Un-American?

Are the conservatives really that desperate? Your voice should be at heard at the polls. If you don't win, that places you in the minority. Minority rule is un-American.

America was founded as a Constitutional Republic rather than a Democracy. The FF detested democracy and tried to set up a system that would avoid such. There is NO "ruling" in a Constitutional Republic which is precisely why they chose that as their form of government. A Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on the dinner menu. In a Constitutional Republic, individual rights are the trump card.

Major rule is Tyranny.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We really need to keep the Republicans and the Tea Partiers talking, the more exposure they get the more wacked out they reveal themselves to be.

You don't like the government you vote them out, it's the American Way!!!!!
edit on 22-10-2010 by LDragonFire because: stupid keyboard

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

We have an obligation the citizens of our nation and if that means higher taxation and/or debt then I guess we have to take it on the chin.

I have 0 personal debt so no thanks with sending me bills.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Real quick, you claim you haven't been harmed? Flown on a plane in the last decade and a half? Did you enjoy the molestation and blatant violations of the 4th Amendment you and others were forced to undergo? There is more to the definition of harm than just the physical sense~

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

You don't like the government you vote them out, it's the American Way!!!!!

Yes..vote them out on Diebold electronic voting machines. All the votes your money can buy.
Free updates to the software during voting times to make sure your race is believably close.

..Ex

GAwd is this link even required?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join