It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 infants dead in california

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Sources or just another way to blame immigrants?

I would say it's a lack of vaccination that's leading to more cases.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
HunkaHunka's reply smacked of xenophobia to me, but I'll withhold judgment until he or she provides a link to credible data backing up that notion.

To be fair, people crossing the border illegally would be able to get over here without being checked for infectious diseases. But then, so would tourists and Americans returning from vacations abroad.

For that matter, do we even check legal immigrants for diseases like we used to? I know they're no-longer required to sweat it out on Ellis Island like in the old days.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's highly possible that the outbreak of whooping cough is not because of those that haven't been vaccinated, and from what I understand, (have people that live in SD.) the illegals that are in so. cal aren't the whole reason. The illegals have access to medical and in turn will vaccinate their kids for the most part.

A lot of kids are allergic to the whooping cough shot. It puts the kid into seizures and can even cause brain damage or death. One shot will give the kid a bad reaction.

It isn't any one reason, it's just that this is a bad season for the sickness and it's sad the children that have been effected have been. But it's also the parent's duty to make sure their children are kept away from such things as pre-school, kindergarten, etc. until those others that are exposed are better. Follow the hygiene suggestions of their medical professional, and if necessary....don't go to work, be a PARENT. It's not all about the money and nothing is more important than the health of their children.

~holly
edit on 23-10-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Ah yes...the "race card" rears it's ugly head yet again.....(yawn)
I said "legal and illegal"- and the "source" was a news brief on the radio talking about it months ago and I don't remember the station to give you-sorry.
And the second part of your post actually makes my point and it was what they were saying on the radio- some underdeveloped countries don't have as rigorous a vaccination program as we do in the U.S.- but nice try trying to paint me as a racist!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
To all you parents out there who refuse to get your kids or yourselves vaccinated because you've allowed junk science to convince you vaccinations cause autism or are part of some huge conspiracy, I have this to say:

Congratulations! Ten babies in California are dead because of you.

In Europe we have had outbreaks of diseases in vaccinated populations, have you got any proof that these 10 kids weren't vaccinated as the quoted article doesn't actually say so just some hazy implying, I would have thought such fact would be jumped on if true.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
In the US the first diptheria/pertussian vaccine is not given until age 2 months. 5 vaccines are to be given over a period of time. Does anyone know the age of the infants that passed away? I tried to copy and save a chart showing when vaccines were given - it would not let me copy or save.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This should do the trick.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Three Months Old

All 10 deaths in California have been among infants three months old or younger, said Wilma Wooten, public health officer for the San Diego County Health & Human Services Agency, in a telephone interview. The CDC recommends that children get five doses of vaccine through grade school, with the first dose given at two months, she said. The agency also recommends booster shots, known as Tdap, for adolescents and adults, she said.
Bloomberg

Sorry I don't know the correct way leave a quote but I just found this on Bloomburg.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Lets deny ignorance here. It is a proven FACT that the children who have been vaccinated against the virus are the number one children to GET the virus.

Also after they take the unsafe junk filled vaccination, they and their families go out into the community and spread the disease like a snake shedding their skin.

I opted out of the whooping cough vaccine at my children's school and they carry a card at all times as well as the school nurse has explicit orders that 'if' whooping cough comes to our school and is confirmed, my children take their daily lessons from home and I deliver their work to the school.

I will not subject my beloved children to the will of big pharma and the idiots who create these franken vaccines.

Aluminum and formaldahyde are two of the dangerous components of the vaccine, those will weaken the immune system and make the child less resistant to fighting the injection of the disease...

edit on 23-10-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is interesting, I was on the phone to my mum yesterday in Australia and she mentioned there was a outbreak of whooping cough there too.

news.smh.com.au...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Regardless of the source of this recent outbreak of Pertussis....whether it be the next constructed "pandemic" or "illegal aliens" These families have lost children and are devastated, I know I would be.
My heart goes out to them.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Let's deny ignorance here...

The article itself states that nine of the ten infants were too young to have yet received the immunization yet to guard against the dreaded disease, therefore they were powerless to be protected.

Not the fault of the adults.

It also states that adults and older children may need boosters against pertussis they are finding, as immunization may be wearing off.

Therefore, it may not be a bad idea to request titers to be drawn at yearly physical exams. I do request that chicken pox titers be drawn at my children's yearly physicals so that they do not get a needless chicken pox booster shot, as I do not feel that needless immunization shots are warranted. A titer is cheaper than a shot. (at least at my doctor's office). It measures the amount of antibodies present in the blood. Also a good idea for tetanus to safeguard against needless tetanus shots.
Just my opinion.
Tetanus shots are very painful, and needless ones are unwarranted, if sufficient antibodies are present.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join