It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks insurance password (possibly) incoming!

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So.. I'm on Iraqwarlogs.com, and I get to the bottom of the article... and it says:

"We offered the United States Department of Defense the right to reply to our findings. They issued a statement which can be read here." (the link for "here" is this)

I click on it... because I want to read the response the DOD issued. The link asks for a name and password for authorization... and also the message 'the site says "iraqwarlogs.org"' ... going to the .org website yields a "server not found" error...

click the above link, named "this", and you'll see for yourself.

Kinda puzzling, as the site presents their reply as public information...yet asks for a name and PW to access it.
edit on 22-10-2010 by ConradsLaces because: additions

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ConradsLaces

yea i got that to, I think their server must be overloading at the moment or something.
No surprises seen in WikiLeaks Iraq war data, says Pentagon. What a joke.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanoverFat
reply to post by ConradsLaces

yea i got that to, I think their server must be overloading at the moment or something.
No surprises seen in WikiLeaks Iraq war data, says Pentagon. What a joke.

Of course it's not surprising to the Pentagon lol
Hard for them to be surprised when they knew all of the info from the day it happened. What audacity for them to make a comment like that... although, technically, it's not a lie.
There IS truth in what they say! lol

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The logs are heavily censored. Any kind of name has been removed. Not even unit designations are in there.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeATSuser
The logs are heavily censored. Any kind of name has been removed. Not even unit designations are in there.

Where did you find the raw data? Was it to google fusion tables - that's the only thing I can manage to find.

I'd love to have the data/text in it's raw form so I can put it on my laptop, and bring it with me, or read it in bed.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I was just using the web app on wikileaks. I am glad they censored all the names but it makes for boring reading unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
you can search the raw data here warlogs....__._/iraq/diarydig

Also i got that pentagon response page open
www.iraqwarlogs.com.......

heres what they said:

“We strongly condemn the unauthorised disclosure of classified information and will not comment on these leaked documents other than to note that ‘significant activities’ reports are initial, raw observations by tactical units. They are essentially snapshots of events, both tragic and mundane, and do not tell the whole story. That said, the period covered by these reports has been well-chronicled in news stories, books and films and the
release of these field reports does not bring new understanding to Iraq’s past.

“However, it does expose secret information that could make our troops even more vulnerable to attack in the future. Just as with the leaked Afghan documents, we know our enemies will mine this information looking for insights into how we operate, cultivate sources, and react in combat situations, even the capability of our equipment. This security breach could very well get our troops and those they are fighting with killed.”

I dont think there is anything mundane about over 60k civilian deaths

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
66,000 Civilians killed during the course of this war... here's a few examples of just how many people that is:

Bermuda - pop. @65,000 (UN estimate 2008)
Dominica - pop. @ 67,000 (UN estimate 2008)
Marshall Islands - pop. @ 63,000 (UN estimate 2008)
American Samoa - pop. @ 65,000

roughly half the population of the following US cities:
Waco, TX (126,000)
Hartford, CT (124,000) - 20 minutes from where I live...
Thousand Oaks, CA (123,000)
Topeka, KS (124,000)

So, there's some of the smaller countries in the world... pick one of them... it no longer has a population.

And there's a handful of US cities that most people would recognize by name... pick one of those... it now has only half as many residents.

I live 20 minutes form hartford, and I'm there every day for work... it's not the largest city, not by a long shot... but if I were to go in on Monday, and there were suddenly half the normal amount of people... it would be a ghost town. If I then found out that half of the population were killed, it would seem even worse.

Sources
en.wikipedia.org...] Wikipedia Countries by Population

and

en.wikipedia.org...] Wikipedia US Cities by Population
edit on 22-10-2010 by ConradsLaces because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HanoverFat

Mundane.... you're right.. anything BUT mundane.
I love how they use the blanket "this can put our troops at risk" statement for pretty much anything they don't want the public to know about... it's like the "matter of national security" blanket they throw over anything stateside.

Yeah.. all of this has been covered in the media, films, books, et al. .... y'know what... just give me the raw facts, and let ME decide for myself what's important, and what's not... I don't need some MSM outlet or hollywood film (KNOWN for their accuracy) telling me what the "facts" are. Some hollywood movies have done a respectable job of portraying the conflicts that their plots were based around... but it's the exception, not the rule.

Of course, if they were to own up to it... "Oh my. You caught us. Yeah, we knew...and we did nothing... now what?" ... well, I'm not exactly sure what would happen, but I doubt things would be the same afterwards... civil unrest, International Courts, domestic court cases, just to name a few I suppose.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeATSuser

I agree raw data? this is a joke. if they changed this what else did they change. I guess I can delete my insurance file now.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if this insuance file never gets released and his WHOLE RECON5 was a big gig to get big numbers to wikileaks. It got me more interested in it. I guesse one way or the other at some point we give into the system. Just don't give them your soul folks. Don't trust EVERY word Assange feeds you, don't trust EVERY word the government gives you, and DON'T put all your faith in a bag of "secret" documents.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianman

I agree raw data? this is a joke. if they changed this what else did they change. I guess I can delete my insurance file now.

It's a bit frustrating... I can understand removing the individuals' names; but I'm not totally sure why they would remove the unit names.
In either case, the information, even without the personnel details still paints a good picture. I don't know how critical unit names would be to the leaks... would we know anything MORE if the unit names were in there?

Come to think of it... it would let us paint a picture/chart out, exactly where a given unit was from day to day, and see the entirety of their operations... we could cross reference that info with any databases of servicemen killed in the war to find out the entire picture...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianman

What, so you want names and ID's of the soldiers involved in civilian casualties? What could possibly go wrong with that?

Listen, this slightly redacted data dump is designed to change politics, not give vigilantes information on which veterans to kill. If war crimes are documented in this dump, then the RAW source is always available for the court trial.

Until then, let's not whine and complain about the largest breach in U.S. Military Intelligence history.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Don't be surprised if this insuance file never gets released and his WHOLE RECON5 was a big gig to get big numbers to wikileaks. It got me more interested in it. I guesse one way or the other at some point we give into the system. Just don't give them your soul folks. Don't trust EVERY word Assange feeds you, don't trust EVERY word the government gives you, and DON'T put all your faith in a bag of "secret" documents.

There's a nagging little bit in my brain that keeps saying exactly this. I want to ignore it, but if I do, I know I'll be really let down when and if they release the insurance password. My question is this...
This is a pretty big release they made... today... does this mean they AREN'T going to have their press conference and big release tomorrow as well? Did they do everything a day early?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

To be fair, WikiLeaks has pretty much refused to talk about the insurance file. They haven't really said they would release any pass phrase. I apologize if the thread title gave that impression.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeATSuser

To be fair, WikiLeaks has pretty much refused to talk about the insurance file. They haven't really said they would release any pass phrase. I apologize if the thread title gave that impression.

you bring up a very good point. They said that there would be a major announcement this Saturday at the press conference; and I think alot of us (myself included) took that as a possibility that they would announce the release of the Insurance file password or such. Although...there was the Tweet about it being a good time to mirror the file, or whatever. If WL doesn't decide to make the password known tomorrow, then I think it will be a very long time until they release it..if at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Have you even read the new releases?

Or a portion of it since noone could possibly wade through that much information so soon?

I care not about how you feel about Assange or Wikileaks' motivations...this is real news and it happened.

Propaganda of the world has no place here when people are making money off of over 66 thousand civilian deaths...directly. The crap we are told as a country through 'accepted media channels' makes them indirect accomplices and makes me want to puke...

America the beautiful...through word and ideology...that is propaganda. I hope we can rise past this as we are stained for a very long time...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

really? who said that? this is not raw data I am ok with that but when they do this please explain?

CACHE CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:

___ X ___ GALLON DRUMS (ARRAY OF: ___, LIQUID GLUCOSE, , , ___ AND ___)

link

warlogs....__._/id/233AF51D-B15C-6DC2-42AAF8C7949466AC/

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

why have you copy & pasted the exact same comment on two (maybe more?) threads here? That's borderline trolling. I have replied to you in the other thread and shown that your accusations are false, along with my own accusation that you have an agenda here. Pasting your unfounded and incorrect opinions in to two threads only strengthens my opinion of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join