It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are fattest people in developed world (still)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The title of this thread is the same as the articles, I didnt know what best to name it.

Article

American food policy has resulted in increasing rates of obesity, particularly among lower-class and minority populations.

"It's ironic that on the one hand, Michelle Obama is planting an organic garden, on the other hand President Obama has put Michael Taylor in charge as the US Food Safety czar. Under Michael Taylor's watch, the FDA said no testing necessary at all, no labeling on GMOs. He later went on to become the vice president for Monsanto and now he is in charge of the safety of the US food supply. In addition, Obama has placed many key pro Monsanto or key GMO people in key positions in the USDA and elsewhere," said biotech analyst Jeffrey Smith.

These former Monsanto executives are the people making key decisions, not only for the American food supply but also for the American products exported to the world.

Obesity, corporate takeover and the future of America’s health…these are all looming concerns as Americans continue to bite into genetically altered foods. It’s a lot to swallow for a country where there's an abundance of food and an increasing waistband stretching from high echelons of the government to your dinner table.

I find it ironic the first lady is promoting eating healthy and organic food, while Monsanto is all over in the US government. Seems like we live in a Corporatacracy. I doubt any of this is going to make it to the 6 oclock news, but its still nice to share.

What’s left of America’s organic farming industry is familiar with Monsanto’s stranglehold on the US market. Phil Geertson of Geertson Seeds in Idaho took Monsanto to the Supreme Court because of claims its Roundup Ready Alfalfa seeds were contaminating his farm lands.

Geertson lost the case and Monsanto won. Winning means losing to the world market, especially when the European Union and other Western nations like New Zealand refuse American food products because of their ingredients and the lack of labeling.

I wonder what else is in the food that we dont know about?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

We aren't fat because we're american, we're fat because we care.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Obesity is running rampant in all classes of society.
Obesity is probably hitting the 'lower' classes and
minority groups first,as poorer people buy what they
can afford.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I wonder what else is in the food that we dont know about?

Well in the dubious cases of Micky D's, Something that keeps you coming back for more, or you start getting the "MC Chills"
Addiction to these cheap foods would make anyone fat, as well as the stress that comes with daily life. The amount of estrogen in our water could also cause hormonal in-balance. Not to mention the amount of fake food being thrown around we are fed these lies>www.rawstory.com...
Not only are they fat, their kids are so pumped full little debbie snacks & prescription anti-psychotics that would make Kirstie Alley look like a friggin mormon soccer mom!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
we may be the most obese country in the world but we work more than any country in the world as well. We work more hours a day/week/year.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
The title of this thread is the same as the articles, I didnt know what best to name it.

Article

American food policy has resulted in increasing rates of obesity, particularly among lower-class and minority populations.

Cloned, artificial food supplements and food preservatives that Supermarkets and fast food chains legally distribute are lawfully killing people even though the evidence is clear.

If people are eating food that is genetically modified to grow larger then perhaps they are genetically modifying themselves?

It's like:
Tobacco... Bad.
Asbestos.. Very Bad.
Junk food... Absolutely outrageous!!!.
It just that simple to me, Big business murder.......

Any adult who takes his or her child to McDonald's are the Angel of death and not the Guardian that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Sadly we will also become the nation with the highest rates of Obesity per capital in just a few years.

This will bring a dent on the tax payer as more money will be needed to pay for the cost of health care for those that will not be mandated.

As the nation become fatter and diabetic this two "conditions" bring and array of secondary "conditions" and more big pharma "treatments" to keep fattening up their pockets.

Obesity and adult onset diabetes can be treated without drugs, as they are "conditions" not diseases, but pharma will never tell you that, and people rather take the pills than change their lifestyles, then we have a food industry that wants you fat also, at the end our own government is allowing the killing Americans, for profits. . .

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Also of concern and worth watching is that in record numbers Asian people, specifically in China have begun to grow thicker as well, is this due to the GMOS in the food supply? I don't know but it is interesting how the whole western food chains have taken off in China and fast food consumption among the younger generations is at an all time high. Could it be in the baby formula? We now know that we set our metabolism during the first 6 months of life, and when the body is fed formulas that carry this mutated gene code, the GMOs carry, I suspect more children will suffer from abnormal size than in the past when natural benefits were the norm through all organic formulas and food.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That's why the world needs dictator. He'll work us like mules and starve us so we can't get fat.

new topics

top topics

join