It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Cure and Overpopulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As always this idea has been on the back of my mind as I grew older and saw nature in it's various branches growing around one central concept. The circle. The cell. Star. Planets. Galaxy. Universe. All singularly connected by a seemingly innocent, yet deeply meaningful single sphere.

It is from this concept that I too branch out and witness new sights, ideas, and wonders previously incomprehensible. One such idea is cancer.

Now, if I were to tell you that cancer and aging are related, you'd probably think me a little insane. Fair enough. But what is cancer really? Just a tumor, right? A bunch of cells growing rapidly in one location? OK, seems a pretty standard laymen definition. Well, what causes these cells to grow rapidly? Hmmm.

We know cancer can be caused by radiation as well as smoking, pollution, bad eating habits, etc, but why? What exactly is causing these cells to rapidly divide and disrupt normal symbiosis?

(spoiler alert: stress aka aging)

Cancer has been on the rise quite drastically these past couple decades due to what I believe to be stress (both environmental and mental). Physical (environmental) stress comes from sudden exposure to harsh environments such as acids, heavy pollution, extreme sun exposure (or loss of sun exposure depending on your ethnicity), radiation (various forms), pesticides, metal poisoning, and so much more! Yaay! Mental stress on the other hand is related to issues such as a sudden loss of a loved one(s), car accident, finding out your taxes are overdue, even deeply embedded psychological issues resulting from perhaps an abusive childhood or relationship.

So what it comes down to is two prime causes: physical and mental stress. Both causing accelerated aging and ultimately cancer.

Now what do we do about it? Most of you like me will read this over and think, whilst eating sweets (almond joys ftw) and move on. You'll probably think, well that was an interesting read, and then move on to other wonders of the internet. I can't blame you, it's an attitude we're all rather addicted to. Eat, sleep, poop, entertainment. Rinse and repeat. (not necessary in that order).

Although sometime in the near future we'll have a viable method of identifying and treating stressors both mental and physical. Possibly, I believe, through magnetic imaging (identification), then surgery (removal of foreign substance(s)), and finally optional psycho-therapy.

This is one of the reasons I like meditation so much (although I have no discipline for it) as it allows the mind to really get into a dream-like state to really deal with inner-conflicts, difficult math problems, or just to unwind with nice deep mental stimulation. In a way, meditation can really be as healing as exercise, sex, or sleep.

Now let's get into the issue of overpopulation as we've just covered cancer and how detrimental the effects of environmental pollution can be on the somewhat fragile human body. Cancer is the least of our worries when dealing with an issue as massive as our population here on Earth. It's hard to imagine the massive scope of human life until we've experienced the sight of Earth from orbit or peered through the lens of a light-compound microscope to witness a plethora of bacteria dividing like there's no tomorrow. So what? We're the dominant species, we decide the rules. Yeah! Go team Humans! Show those pandas whose boss! The truth is, we're like a bacteria at this point robbing Earth of all it's resources and fighting one another for the rights to harvest them. The good news is that we'll learn. The bad news is that it'll be at the absolute breaking point.

Right now seems like a good time to bust open a can of beer, sit back, and zone out as a possible apocalypse breaks out and we're all reduced to barbaric humans killing each other for a twinkie. Oh wait. That's right now. Okay maybe it wasn't a twinkie, but it's close enough.

What this does show is that poverty is rampart and it will become increasingly so unless methods are taken to reduce population and stabilize our world economy towards healthy growth with clean, efficient technology to power our nations. What I'm talking about is equal sovereignty of all nations, voluntary vasectomies, government paid education, homesteads, daily nutritional requirements met of all peoples, and deeply intertwined inter-cultural relations. It's really not that hard for us, the average citizens to rise up with our current resources and make this change happen. Activists get too overwhelmed with the idea of protesting, but what does that do? Nothing. Creation is the work of a lifetime, destruction is the work of an afternoon. If you want real change, it requires hard work, not just yelling and screaming. If anything, the folks in power would laugh at such a barbaric display. I know I would.

In psychology (comp. sci major) I learned about Maslow's hierarchy of needs. This rocked my world as it laid a foundation for world peace and prosperity. Just take a look and you'll see that for thousands of years humans have been warring and quarreling for the fulfillment of these needs. As innovation advanced, so did our ability to produce and fulfill these needs. I lived my first fourteen years of life in poverty and I know quite well how hostile folks can become when stressed for food, safety, emotional, and relational needs. With innovation anything is possible and one day we may be able to sustain a great deal of humans from Earth and beyond in orbiting stations and hospitable planets. It's an exciting time to be alive, I just hope you're awake to make use of the time 'now'.
edit on 18-10-2010 by socrates271 because: hyperlinks

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271

Now, if I were to tell you that cancer and aging are related, you'd probably think me a little insane. Fair enough. But what is cancer really? Just a tumor, right? A bunch of cells growing rapidly in one location? OK, seems a pretty standard laymen definition. Well, what causes these cells to grow rapidly? Hmmm.

You'll probably think, well that was an interesting read, and then move on to other wonders of the internet. I can't blame you, it's an attitude we're all rather addicted to.

If cancer & aging are related, then how do you explain stuff like this:

www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk...

As to point 2, sorry but I don't think it's an interesting read whatsoever.

edit on 18-10-2010 by big_BHOY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by socrates271

I was with you up until the depopulation part...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bunnysinnocence

Where is he talking about depopulation, or more exactly, violent depopulation? He is talking about stabilizing our high population growth by peaceful means, I presume.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It's funny actually to read these comments. Makes me wonder about the type of people on the other end.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by big_BHOY

Cancer and aging are related, PROBABILITY of getting cancer rises with age, because cancer is caused by mutations, and mutations accumulate during life. But that does not mean that unlucky ones cannot get cancer even as infants if the right (or wrong?) mutations accidentally happen, but probability is far lower than old people.
edit on 20/10/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by big_BHOY

Cancer and aging are related, PROBABILITY of getting cancer rises with age, because cancer is caused by mutations, and mutations accumulate during life. But that does not mean that unlucky ones cannot get cancer even as infants if the right (or wrong?) mutations accidentally happen, but probability is far lower than old people.
edit on 20/10/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

Absolutely you'd have to look at the individuals history (since conception) as well as it's parents history. A factor as small as heavy metal poisoning could impair a child or mother's prospective DNA. Or pre-existing cancer could transfer (though I've never heard of this).

www.theworld.org... fetus/

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by big_BHOY

Originally posted by socrates271

You'll probably think, well that was an interesting read, and then move on to other wonders of the internet. I can't blame you, it's an attitude we're all rather addicted to.

If cancer & aging are related, then how do you explain stuff like this:

www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk...

As to point 2, sorry but I don't think it's an interesting read whatsoever.

edit on 18-10-2010 by big_BHOY because: (no reason given)

Cancer passes through the womb to babies. A stage II cancer by a mother can very well, logically, be a stage III or IV for an offspring. I know a family who all had cancer - mom, two sons, two daughters, and even grandchildren. They all had a related cancer...

It's sad but it seems as time goes on, biology of cancer-stricken families seems to collapse in on itself.

Less wealthy families are more likely to develop cancer due to environment and biology in their family lineage.

This means the rich survive, healthier and more able to help themselves, and the poor die prematurely and tragicly.

To a government, I'm sure this idea seems very attractive but there's a downside - eventually, the public gene pool will begin to degenerate and cancer will spread like an epidemic - even through those who it previously did not affect. Poor to middle-class people will eventually breed with "higher-class" people and the multiplication begins.

Eventually - unless populations were secluded from ill people - an entire civilization could collapse. In Canada, cancer incidence rate is almost HALF of all men, and 35ish% for women.

It seems to only be progressing on that front too. Environmental hazards such as radiation from nuclear testing, growth hormones and toxins in foods, cancer-causing hazards in mass-used pharmaceuticals, ozone depletion, and possibly even government-intended causes like "chemtrails" etc. (these ideas make much more sense when you look at it like a government does.

One must wonder what measures countries like China has taken to "combat" overpopulation. Hmmm...

I'm sure there is a cure for diseases like cancer, but what money is there in a cure for these people? Yes, they're being reckless, but these entities do not think in a long-term sense.

The money is in keeping people sick, so that they eventually die, but must fork over massive amounts of money before they do.

And to those who claim: cancer is -NOT- the practical or ethical solution to overpopulation. Education, Tax Concessions to families with fewer members, and sex education are effective solutions and should be exercised effectively, yet are ignored with each passing day.

We don't have forever to figure it out. The solution is right in front of us.

In the meantime, a cancer solution little known to the public can be found here: phoenixtears.ca...

-Weary Traveler

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
God, if stress really causes cancer then I'm freakin' doomed, lol. I've been extremely stressed from age 13, and I think it's just in my nature, I thrive off it. If I'm not stressed I feel like I'm not working hard enough (I have to work all the time, maybe it has something to do with my star sign). So I'm just...ugh.

And cancer really stumps me. For example, statistics show that 1 in 3 women get cancer, and 1 in 2 men by the age of 80. That's just...oh my God.
This is why I believe that cancer is a man-made disease. How the hell can half the population get cancer? C'mon, if it's always been like that then humans would have been wiped out, natural selection would have made sure to.

This world, man, this world.

top topics

join