It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aegis-Equipped Norwegian Frigate!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
www.spacedaily.com...

why would the US and Lockheed martin equip a foreign Norwegian frigate with Aegis capable radar and missiles?

[edit on 27-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
umm u relise that isnt the right link by the way
and mabye thier doing it to help relations. norway has some impressive jet tech

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Maybe there's some kind of deal involved maybe a technology trade of some sort. Oh yeah devilwasp is right thats the wrong link.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
why would the US and Lockheed martin equip a foreign Norwegian frigate with Aegis capable radar and missiles?

Same reason that they equipped the Japanese and Spainish Navy?

There is still ongoing talks about selling the early AEGIS cruisers to Taiwan.

It isn't like we are going to give them the latest and greatest version of AEGIS that we have.

I am curious as to why a "supposed" west point guy would be worried about what the Navy is doing. MYOB.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Probably because we feel it is more likely they will be our allies in a conflict than our adversary. If they're going to fight along side us in whatever future conflict comes around we might as well make sure they have top notch stuff.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
there is no "supposed" WestPoint I am going to WestPoint also I want to be informed on every branch of the US military including the navy also I replaced the link.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Aegis is also being used on Spanish ships and Japanese ships. It is not that secret anymore but it is still very good.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
US and Norway are close. Norway store a lot of military equipment for the US. And have the Globus II radar who they claim is not a part of the us rocket defense programme..

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well look at it this way it makes joint operations a lot easier and more effective if Allied ships share the same technology.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
US wants to keep Norwegians happy as they're sitting on big pile of oil barrels... and USA uses/has used several Norwegian weapons like penguin missile.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

there is no "supposed" WestPoint I am going to WestPoint also I want to be informed on every branch of the US military including the navy also I replaced the link.

You've been saying that for quite some time Westy. At least 18 months....

Anyway, back on topic. Why is it such a problem for the US to give away tech? Your're quite happy to receive it when it comes the other way.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Umm stu have you seen how long OUR army recruiting takes?
Plus I wouldnt say he was saying for 18 months, I've been on that long and I dont remember him saying that.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Isn`t west point something like 17?

as they say grab a teenager whilst they still know it all....

The norwegians want to upgrade there F-16`s (black 10 and block 15) and have mooted they want the JAS-39 ; they flew agaisnt the JAS-39 recently (and liked them) so i think this may well be an effort for them to buy american for teh 40 off aircraft needed.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Aegis is also being used on Spanish ships and Japanese ships. It is not that secret anymore but it is still very good.

Australia has just ordered a modified Arleigh Burke class warships
aswell.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Isn`t west point something like 17?

as they grab a teenager whilst they still know it all....

No that would be me and BTW they certainly dont do the above.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Umm stu have you seen how long OUR army recruiting takes?
Plus I wouldnt say he was saying for 18 months, I've been on that long and I dont remember him saying that.

I have. About 3 months is what they gave me from time of completing the aptitude to joining the REME Apprentices College at Arborfield. then I suppose it depends on your trade.

Never actually went mind you, as it was discovered my knees are knackered.

I've been on since June 2004 and the reason i remember is that I used to butt heads with him frequently back then. He has calmed somewhat in the intervening 18 months, mind you, in that you can have a decent argument with him

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I have. About 3 months is what they gave me from time of completing the aptitude to joining the REME Apprentices College at Arborfield. then I suppose it depends on your trade.

I've been on since June 2004 and the reason i remember is that I used to butt heads with him frequently back then. He has calmed somewhat in the intervening 18 months, mind you, in that you can have a decent argument with him

Well mate I've heard stories of recruiting taking up to and over a year, and thats before you get told your placement

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Police recruiting also seems to be taking longer these days,you can expect to spend up to a year going through the whole process before you even start your 15 week Initial Training.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Well mate I've heard stories of recruiting taking up to and over a year, and thats before you get told your placement

Indeed, it does depend on your aptitude and what your going in for. They are crying out for tech's, so will have you in basic before you can kiss your mum goodbye, but they have plenty of dopy northerners to fill the Infantry Regiments
(joking.....)

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Indeed, it does depend on your aptitude and what your going in for. They are crying out for tech's, so will have you in basic before you can kiss your mum goodbye, but they have plenty of dopy northerners to fill the Infantry Regiments
(joking.....)

Hey I aint that northern now, remember I began my 6 man invasion of england starting with newcastle....in hindsight I really should have picked somewhere else lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join