It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to appear on tv show Mythbusters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I wish he would just stay on the golf course 24/7...
not much he can screw up out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
lol, too bad it isn't a live show and somehow they corner the prez on live TV with several irrefutable questions on certain topics of interest.

I'm sure the looks we get from him would be priceless - let alone the crafted replies...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
Since when is Myth Busters science? They aren't scientists... they even say at the beginning of every show, they're special effects people i.e. blow stuff up and shoot guns at stuff.

But real science is used in the execution on the myths, or the busting of the myths (as is usually the case). Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are heavily used on that show. I think some of the myths they cover should be shown in school to promote more interests in the subject.

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
Since when is Myth Busters science? They aren't scientists... they even say at the beginning of every show, they're special effects people i.e. blow stuff up and shoot guns at stuff.

Obviously someone who doesn't watch the show. They always talk about the principles behind what they are trying to do. They also show to formulate ways of testing a hypothesis. It's call the scientific method, but I guess that has nothing to do with science now, does it?

I have no problem with any President doing a quick 30 second spot like this.

i disagree, theres always a piece of the puzzle the do not acknowledge in their "experiments" they do not approach anything from a scientific perspective they only like to pretend and wish they were,

i remember when that show began i thought it was gonna be so cool, but it was clear to me after the first few episodes it was nothing more then the same old lack of conclusive evidence with conclusions coming only from some dudes opinion. insted of something measurable.

a good example of their inefficiency at busting myths is the amount of myths they have had to re-attempt because they forgot or didnt think about one of the details to the "experiment" they will only re address the ones that their fans scream for, there are plenty of faulty experiments they refuse to redo properly because only a small number of their fans picked up on it and emailed them.

that show is more propaganda and obama appearing on there is an affirmation of that.
edit on 10/19/10 by pryingopen3rdeye because: add more

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I guess I didn't realize Mythbusters was a kids show. I've been watching that show for years and I'm in my thirties. I really enjoy some of there episodes.
As far as Obama's guest appearance....
Should we really expect less from this guy.....I mean cmon people, the children, don't forget about the children. They need to know who there new fuhrer is.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Cute, and being so vocal on the political boards im also aware of the ad hominem attacks , like youve demonstrated in this post, without the ability to successfully dispute my statement....

Once again, Obama needs to keep his hind end planted in the oval office and address the issues....

Hes been elected, its time to drop the campaigning

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Lest not forget the hard to detect democratic congress that let Bush do all the things you all blame on the right for the mishaps of the current admin. Did that sound right?

I remember being so happy when "we" won those seats back then...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Curiousisall

Cute, and being so vocal on the political boards im also aware of the ad hominem attacks , like youve demonstrated in this post, without the ability to successfully dispute my statement....

Speaking of cute, this is tired and old. Whenever you are losing, you accuse people of attacking you. Please show me my ad hom attack or take your nonsense and bark at someone else about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join