It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to appear on tv show Mythbusters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yahoo News Link

Apparently President Obama will be appearing on an upcoming episode of Mythbusters. However I don't think they will be addressing the Kenyan birth myth. It seems that he is doing a PR appearance on the show to raise childrens; awareness to science. What are everyone's thoughts that a sitting president is appearing on an entertainment based television show when there are many more pressing issues at hand in the world?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

He needs to get back in the oval office and do some worthwhile work for the people of American!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
He should teach the kids about the Magic trick in creating money.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Give me a break. Good for him, kids need to get into science. If you want him to get something done, complain about republicans blocking every single thing he tries to do. Forcing a cloture vote on everything. Guess you forgot about that.
edit on Mon October 18th, 2010 by damwel because: left out a word

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Give me a break. Good for him, kids need to get into science. If you want him to get something done, complain about republicans blocking every single thing he tries to do. Forcing a cloture vote on everything. Guess you forgot about that.
edit on Mon October 18th, 2010 by damwel because: left out a word

Also let's not forget that the Democrats are also blocking him as reported here:

Dem's block recess appointments

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
great object lessons here:

1. never attempt what the mythbusters do at home
2. never attempt the incompetence of lord obama.

obama i know you read ats and im here to say: GET YOUR BUTT BACK IN DC AND DO YOUR JOB!!!

y

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hey, kids DO need to get involved more with science....and just about every other school subject as well.

While it does sometimes seem like he is a "rock star" president, with his appearances and whatnot, I think this is for the greater good.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I agree with you 100%. Too many children today were screwed by Bush's No Child Left Behind act. Applause to Obama for wanting to educate kids. He should have them cover all the crap he inherited when he took office, "The Myth that any of this mess is his fault".

I saw an election commercial the other day trying to get people to vote Republican. The commercial stated that "If you find yourself in a hole. Stop Digging!" That's maybe the dumbest advise I've ever heard. After all; if you stop digging, you're still in a hole. The idea is to dig in a different direction. Which is what Obama has been trying to do. But every time he gets moving in one direction, the filibuster crowd just kicks some more dirt into the hole, trying to bury us alive.

edit on 18-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I wonder if they could get to the bottom of Obamas financial aid in college, ssn's etc..................
Nah, they'll just let it ride and do a show, although I hope Adam gets in a few insults.
I guess this is being aired now, as we have nothing important going on, maybe he'll be back in the WH after the elections.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You think he has an account here on ATS? That would be pretty intersting.
2nd

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Too many children are sent to school by parents unprepared, and who give them the no support for learning at home. My kid could read when he was three, not because he is extra smart, but because it mattered to us as his parents to LEARN. If you don't teach your kids' how to learn, they will be left behind no matter what the school, society, or anybody tries to say and do.

That said, this very website shows kids need to learn more science. There are people on here who believe in many, many things that are not supported with facts. My own special favorite is all the nonsense people say with regards to "chemtrails"......most don't know simple things, like the higher up you go, the colder it gets. A kid would figure that out, just look at the snow on the mountains when it's hot below. Had to explain that to an adult just yesterday............
As long as they gave him something to read, I'm sure Obama didn't take much time out of his busy schedule to do a quick "Mythbuster" segment. His handlers probably brought along his teleprompter.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Since when is Myth Busters science? They aren't scientists... they even say at the beginning of every show, they're special effects people i.e. blow stuff up and shoot guns at stuff.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Why not do Bill Nye instead?

I mean, how many kids actually watch MythBusters?

He should bring two other people from his administration and do a Village People impersonation.
..heck, he should bring Kagan too.

"Macho Macho Man",
"YMCA"
"In the Navy"

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Obama is doing the only thing he knows how to do. Campaign. Will they count it as politics and give equal time to the other side?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

It's a little hard for the Republicans to block, well, ANYTHING, seeing as they are and have been the minority in both houses since the beginning of Obama's tyranny-- er, I mean presidency

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
reply to post by Mactire

Too many children are sent to school by parents unprepared, and who give them the no support for learning at home. My kid could read when he was three, not because he is extra smart, but because it mattered to us as his parents to LEARN. If you don't teach your kids' how to learn, they will be left behind no matter what the school, society, or anybody tries to say and do.

That said, this very website shows kids need to learn more science. There are people on here who believe in many, many things that are not supported with facts. My own special favorite is all the nonsense people say with regards to "chemtrails"......most don't know simple things, like the higher up you go, the colder it gets. A kid would figure that out, just look at the snow on the mountains when it's hot below. Had to explain that to an adult just yesterday............
As long as they gave him something to read, I'm sure Obama didn't take much time out of his busy schedule to do a quick "Mythbuster" segment. His handlers probably brought along his teleprompter.

I can agree with that. Preparation is needed, but there are many situations where the schools and their programs have failed the children. I'm one of the fortunate few who has an exceptionally bright kid. He began teaching himself to read when he was 2. I definitely feel like the entire education system needs an overhaul. Less focus on sports, and more on music and art, which studies have proven increases skills in math and science.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

robert gibbs,nancy pelosi,glenn beck,david axelrod etc they all have accounts here.............we give them their talking points.........

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
Since when is Myth Busters science? They aren't scientists... they even say at the beginning of every show, they're special effects people i.e. blow stuff up and shoot guns at stuff.

But real science is used in the execution on the myths, or the busting of the myths (as is usually the case). Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are heavily used on that show. I think some of the myths they cover should be shown in school to promote more interests in the subject.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
It seems that he is doing a PR appearance on the show to raise childrens; awareness to science.

Well, I really don't see any president, appearing on any TV show , even Mythbusters, causing any great "science interest" stir among children.

Good PR though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join