It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Music (or noise) With Free Software

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've been playing with some music making software called Linux MultiMedia Studio . (Yet conveniently enough Windows versions also exist.) Anyone else here try it out yet? I find the software very powerful, yet simple and easy for beginners.

Here's some examples of my stuff (the music is nothing special, but I do have fun playing with the software):

Feel free to comment on or make fun of my meager attempts at music, or post your own awesome LMMS musical creations. (I know if I can get something out of it, certainly there must be people here with much more musical talent and patience that could blow us away with the same software.)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hallo,

this might could be interesting for you, too.

www.ardour.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That's cool. Supposedly there's a Windows version under development, but it's not ready for release. So I'll have to wait a while before checking it out again. (Nothing against Linux, I just find it more convenient to work with one OS at the moment.) Interestingly enough, I remember seeing on a developer page that LMMS may be changing the software architecture "under the hood" - it may very well consolidate or be a variant of Ardour in the future.

The thing I like in particular about LMMS though is that it has a "beginner friendly" interface. So it doesn't take much more than experimentation to get some decent sound out of it (depending on ability of course) without previous knowledge of how this type of software works. It's fun, because before getting into the in-depth details of the software it's "clicky clicky drag n' drop".

new topics

join