It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO official: Bin laden, deputy hiding in northwest Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Cnn breaking news

"Osama bin Laden and his deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri are believed to be hiding close to each other in houses in northwest Pakistan, but are not together, a senior NATO official said."

Not iving in a cave it says, hidden in pakistan I am sure this will not be believed by many, and seen as another flag, I just wish he woud be caught, so the questions can begin to be answered

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
""Every year the insurgency can generate more and more manpower," despite military attacks, he said.

Although there has been security progress, he pointed to an internal assessment that there are 500,000 to 1 million "disaffected" men between the ages of 15 and 25 along the Afghan-Pakistan border region, he said."

Is catching him going to change this? will it speed up the efforts to end the war?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Alrighty then! What a great day!

We know where he is now all we have to do is go in and get him. Right?

Right?

So the war will be over tomorrow?

Right?

Read the article. What a bunch a BS from the word go.

But thank you for posting it anyway Space Cadet, S&F cause in this case we like the 'messenger' too much to blame her!

peace
edit on 18-10-2010 by silo13 because:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Kudos to them if they can catch a dead man.
2nd

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The entire scenario is made more complex by the fact that "there is a huge criminal enterprise in this country," dealing in human, drug and mineral trafficking, he said. Those crimes are also tied into the insurgency.

Must be talking about the US forces.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
So altough in the article it quotes:

U.S. officials have long said there have been no confirmed sightings of bin Laden or Zawahiri for several years.

We are now to believe that there have been sightings. If the intelligence now points that their locations are known to the extent that they know they are staying in different locations, then this intelligence must be pretty specific. Too bad that this news has reached us, which in turn is reaching the bin Laden and Zawahiri. They will be long gone soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by scitpeks

No sh*t!
Good, God, Almighty!!
This is still about democracy and freedom?
A few "evil" people?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Why does Pakistan not surprise me?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I bet Obama said.. "Okay guys, election time is coming and I'm going to have to call in the big card.."

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Probably for the same reason it doesn't surprise me.
It was always going to be there or Iran.

But they also mention the Chinese border. I doubt they're that game though.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I bet Obama said.. "Okay guys, election time is coming and I'm going to have to call in the big card.."

Possible, but I really hope not. Pakistan is not a pushover and they have Nukes.
It's not in the US's tradition to attack a capable force.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I'm afraid they are that big game. You see, Pakistan is a strategic point of interest simply because of where it is. Near China. If you haven't read any of Brzezinski's works I suggest you do (though somehow I think you know a bit already), it outlines the next few steps until WW3 or something relative breaks loose.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by scitpeks
reply to post by Zamini

Probably for the same reason it doesn't surprise me.
It was always going to be there or Iran.

But they also mention the Chinese border. I doubt they're that game though.

Hehe, Iran wants nukes, Pakistan has nukes and China, well China could sneeze and wipe out humanity with nukes - yay! Who else thinks this is a great big heap of a time for the human race?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I felt the same way reading this article as a few of you have mentioned, like hearing Pakistan was no surpise. And the story is conflicting, as already pointed out, was he sighted or not recently? It says he was and he wasn't essentially.

What is next? Where do you think this is going?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

What is next? Where do you think this is going?

I think that depends on whether the US public is as gullable as it has been in the past.
In which case an increase in military attacks within Pakistan is quite possible.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

There already have been strikes on the Pakistan side of the border. At least once every few weeks there is a news story about settlements being bombed in Pakistan that were from 'suspected US drones.' I for one do not want to see a drone blow up bin Laden in a building. I was to see him dragged out in handcuffs and a burlap sack over his head by special forces.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious he isn't there. If they wanted to go get him.. And they knew where he was, do you think they would openly state that sort of information? No they woudln't Someone as paranoid as Osama Bin Laden will be up and movie at the hint that they have been discovered.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
hmm...this...pakistan place..

is there oil there?

-wonders if they need liberating-

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
BOMB Pakistan
muy pronto.
that'll sort it.
maybe

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Here is a thought. Maybe since they know they are using this info as a way to flush him out into the open. That is if he is still alive. Maybe they are hoping to get both of them on the move if or when they move. Again that is if Bin Laden is still on this planet. Will have to watch and see what is gonna happen next.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join