It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miner: - talks for the first time about the first 17 days trapped in mine in Chile.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Miner: - We were caught in the hell of intestinal

translate.google.com

Mario Sepulveda (40) violates workers' agreement, and talks for the first time about the first 17 days trapped in mine in Chile.

There are some things that need to be told. I want the world to know the truth about what we went through down there. We were trapped in the hell of the intestinal system, but has been born again, "says Sepulveda in an interview with the British Mail on Sunday .
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-10-2010 by Vicodin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There are some things I never want to talk about, "he said.

-- We were down there in total darkness, the heat was oppressive. All felt that the devil was down there with us. It was a dark, black hole, and we were buried alive. We were so afraid, and prayed to God to help, "he said

He denies rumors that the men had sex with each other, and that it should be the reason that the men made an agreement not to tell what happened in the mine.

translate.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
To find out the whole story I will just wait for the moive.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Why is it that every time you have a lot of guys sequestered in a life-threatening situation someone always starts rumors of sodomy? I mean really, how childish. The cliche was worn out a thousand years ago. When you are facing what you are relatively sure will be a long drawn out death I'm quite sure sex of any form or fashion is far from your mind. It isn't even plausible from the primitive survival paradigm. Procreation is triggered by a favorable environment. So even if we assume they snapped into a primitive survival mode of thinking, and they probably did for a while, sex would still not make the list by a long shot. Utterly ridiculous. It just shows how immature the average person really is. Geesh!! That's what I want to do if facing certain death is cornhole a sweaty hairy man in the dark.
Get real!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin

He denies rumors that the men had sex with each other, and that it should be the reason that the men made an agreement not to tell what happened in the mine.

Whoa.
That was actually a rumor?

I'm trapped in a dark mine full of dirt and men who won't have showered for quite a while.
It's got to smell. I've got to smell. I don't have adequate food or water for long term survival.

The last thing I am going to think of to pass the time, is having sex with them!

Seriously...that's pretty gross.

Conserving energy would be a priority and I think an orgy might deplete some of that.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the humor guys it was funny..

I think we are more interested in the 34th member of that crew who was down there and suddenly changed to 33.. Some on ATS here assume that they ate one of them people down there..
There is a post about it floating somewhere around on the forums... But meh, Just like them Rugby players that crashed in the Andie's I cant say i would blame them, eat someone or die.. hard choice...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

I think we are more interested in the 34th member of that crew who was down there and suddenly changed to 33..

There is no mention of a 34th miner at all.
I haven't read that anywhere, or the fact that one miner didn't make it out.

Sounds like a rumor similar to the whole "sex" thing.

I don't think they ate anyone down there, but it certainly would be possible in such situations.
Still, they claim they had food and water to pull through those days.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Looks like there was some other drama coming back up; One of the miners had a mistress and his wife found out and boycotted his rescue or some such thing....

I have no respect for a cheating spouse... One of the worst things a person can do in life is that... seems really popular today though...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by Vicodin

Whoa.
That was actually a rumor?

I'm trapped in a dark mine full of dirt and men who won't have showered for quite a while.
It's got to smell. I've got to smell. I don't have adequate food or water for long term survival.

The last thing I am going to think of to pass the time, is having sex with them!

Seriously...that's pretty gross.

Conserving energy would be a priority and I think an orgy might deplete some of that.

- Lee

It doesn't matter much what you are thinking about, maybe they are all thinking about having sex with you!

That boy Lee over there has some might purdy lips.... haha

edit on 17-10-2010 by Mogwomp because: mispelled purdy

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Whilst I agree Binder that it does get laughable every time some guys get stuck in an awkward situation someone quips sodomy. There is something however to the powers of sexual punishment within a basic animal hierarchy.

Apes and monkeys as well as other socially progressive animals like dogs, dolphins and horses maintain an alpha male hierarchy through homosexual (as well as heterosexual) rape.

We have many examples of inferring behaviour from our knowledge of the ancient civilisations of humanity.

Kowtowing and prostrations are fairly well known across separate regions of the world as form of submission. If we take a leap of faith we could suggest that their origins comes from sexual forms of control.

Don't forget in a situation like that none of us knows how we'd act - we can just imagine that our well established hierarchy of needs and luxuries of moral superiority would see us through - but imagine is all we can do.

That said, I don't think there would have been rampant sodomy if any - perhaps a few of the guys created a faction and possibly from that someone got eaten too. Chances are there would have been 2 communities for a while until they could reunite as a unit once outside assistance was offered.

Just basic group dynamics really - but with a few darker things that don't sit easily on the outside.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

I think we are more interested in the 34th member of that crew who was down there and suddenly changed to 33..

There is no mention of a 34th miner at all.
I haven't read that anywhere, or the fact that one miner didn't make it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Read on my freind, read on..

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I was thinking more along the lines of maslow's hierarchy. I guess some men might use sex as punishment for imposition of will, but I just can't see that being very effective, or productive in this scenario.

First off we have a group of men all of which are chosen for their positions because they are physically strong to a certain degree so physically imposing your will, or a punishment for opposing your will would be a risky policy. You are already survival challenged why take on additional risk. (humor) Perhaps this was the fate of the proposed 34th miner?
He went from Alpha male to 1st course perhaps? I doubt it, but as you said know one really knows how a group dynamic will work in such a situation.

Secondly in the latin culture such behavior would "label" you, and most of them would probably rather die than allow that label to be attached. Now refer to 1st postulate, and infered risk of imposing a sexual punishment. These men are very proud, and see their roles as very "man's, man."

I have no doubt their was some extreme thoughts of extreme action, and juggling for power, but I doubt anyone tried to use rape for power to survive. Too risky in that environment, and very culturally taboo for them. Not saying the thought might not have arisen, but I highly doubt it was acted on. I have been in some really tense situations before. Admittedly not as intense as the miner's, but just the least bit of hope, even false hope, would have been 10 times more powerful than any display of power. I believe that their crew supervisor knew this and used it to maintain control.

I don't think anyone should judge them harshly for what went on in that pit of hell. They will most likely be far worse on themselves than anyone else will be. The stressors are literally unimaginable. Even if it did happen in the end they survived, and got it together in time to affect a perfect rescue. that's all that matters. I just don't see the whole sodomy angle coming into play realistically. I've never seen a buck stop to screw a doe while running from a hunter. Even after fight or flight response was over, I just don't think it was a viable option for power, or punishment.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
well, Mario did the first "serious" interview on air the same day of the rescue, and since this is ATS, I can bet that what they don't want to talk about is some evil presence (if not mr devil itself) on the mine on those days in total darkness. He said, textually, that he was involved in a fight between God and Devil down there, and if you let me expeculate, I think that the declaration wasn't in the methaphorical sense.
Just sayin'...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Well stated Binder and I completely agree. I was just throwing the potential for sodomy to have existed a lifeline by way of a leap of imagination.

Some fighting, some harsh words and some serious politics would no doubt have existed and tensions would have been really high. What came of that is probably what they don't want to talk about. Once they knew that a rescue operation was under way they would have came together as a community and tried to gloss over - or maybe even correct - what had gone on before during the tense times.

Forming, storming, norming really - I'd say the performing was just dealing with a hectic situation like that.

Star from me for your excellent insight Binder.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Thank you sir. I don't like our strange human need to assign negative associations with people who go through horrific events. It's like we have to justify why something bad happened to them so it seems easy for some odd reason I can't figure out to say, "It must be because on some level they were bad people." or as the hyper-religious would say "God was punishing them."

They probably don't want to speak of what happened for exactly what you said. Very harsh words, and probably some extreme actions, stress induced psychotic thoughts etc... Most likely EXACTLY the same thing that would happen if anyone from anywhere went through the same ordeal. Anyone subjected to that level of stress, absolutely alone, in the dark, and powerless would have at least some sort of psychotic break. To poke fun at these guys, or try to investigate holes in their moral fabric when subjected to abject torture is cruel, and immature. It reminds me of grade school style playground politics. They are heroes for having the mettle, and inner strength to just survive, regardless of how conventionally chivalrous they behaved at all times. I doubt even the most stoich english gentleman would simply "Take it on the chin, and let's pour some tea ol' chaps. A game of chess before we die?"

They deserve a lot of latitude, and a big break. They survived hell literally, and came out in great shape. I doubt 90% of us would have fared half as well. I hope all of them can sublimate this experience, and be better people for it, even if the road is a little rough, and twisty to get there. They and their rescuers are a testament to the human spirit.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Not to mention they didn't have bathrooms of probibly toilet paper... I seriously doubt anyone would have their way with an unshower, unwhipped hole.
I don't believe it was anything more than hell down there

new topics

top topics

join