It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you support human and alien marriage?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Okay say aliens land, become citizens. People start having relationships with them. Would you support this?

I read a few reviews about the movie "Splice" and how upset people were at the negative reactions toward the "creature" and human sex scene. Which was odd to me, because most people reacted that was because it was kind of like a human with an animal.

Now with all the rumors of discloser, how far off would it be after we invite a few Et's to stay that people would develop a sexual preference towards them? How long until people are "born that way?"

Would you allow them to get married? Would you want your kids in school with aliens, and hybrids?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sure, what the hell.

Everyone marries anything these days anyway. Wasn't there a woman who married the Eiffel tower?

edit on 16-10-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

allow kids to go to school with yes. marriage is more complicated. if they can procreate and create hybrids then yes, i would support it. there would always be humans that preferred other humans so i wouldn't fear for the loss of my race too much.

Aaaaaah. then again, isn't that basically beastiality? i just don't know. at my heart i would be bothered by it. but there are questions i just can't answer. if they're intelligent like humans then i guess i could live with it. 'not my business i suppose.
edit on 16-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i'm not botherd who anyone marrys, so yeah marry a stone for all i care, but that being said to those alien women waiting to pounce on me, save those abductions and probing for when we hit hard times in the marriage.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
if they sexy...why not

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I would have no problem with it. It might actually infuse a little more brain power into our world. I mean, I guess if you talk to some people, they believe we are spawns of this nature all ready from long ago. Maybe it is time for a new upgrade again.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yes, I would support it...as a matter of fact when these two married in the final season, I felt a large sigh of relief.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b267c5fd502.jpg[/atsimg]

Na-Nu Na-Nu

edit on 16-10-2010 by facelift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dementedtheclown

Now with all the rumors of discloser, how far off would it be after we invite a few Et's to stay that people would develop a sexual preference towards them? How long until people are "born that way?"

Would you allow them to get married? Would you want your kids in school with aliens, and hybrids?

SOUNDS like a jerry springer wet dream....

but if we are gonna play this,then what kinda alien we talking about here,humanoid,or some reptilian nightmare..lol

and what about the alien mother in law,or the meet the family time....
"hi mum meet the women of my dreams,she got 6 eyes,2 toes,and she 9ft tall,but i love her"

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Not likely to happen that way I'd say, and hybrids are already here, and some are married. This would take a huge leap in love consciousness for the human to progress, and otherwise you're talking the wrong channels.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Sure, what the hell.

Everyone marries anything these days anyway. Wasn't there a woman who married the Eiffel tower?

edit on 16-10-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

That is called objectum sexual. These people form emotional relationships and attachments to inanimate objects. It's actually interesting to read about and sad at the same time. To these people it's safer to have relationships with things that can't hurt you and don't have "real" feelings. Almost all cases I have read about involved some sort of abandonment in their life or hurt. I only ever heard of it when I saw IWoman Marries Eiffel Tower on the news. I made the thread and it actually had me looking into objectum sexual. The woman who had a commitment ceremony to the Eiffel Tower had a "relationship" with a bow. She apparently became a very good archer thru this relationship. If she is happy then so be it.

OP I wouldn't care.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

yea, isn't that the same woman (the archer) who also had a relationship with a bridge? that stuff is interesting. glad she's happy. but you have to admit that something is messed up there.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It would depend on what these aliens or hybrids would be like. If they looked similiar like us and had good intentions, I really don't see a problem. The physical body is just a shell resembling the spiritual anyway. But if it was supposed to be let's say Reptilians/Blues/Grays dating and mating with Humans... eventhough I am very open-minded and empathic, there is something really wrong about that. But I wouldn't interfere, everyone should be able to do as they please, as long as it doesn't hurt or limit others.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

mblahnikluver -

Interesting. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i think it should be a right that people have. though personally i think races/species should stick to their own when it comes to reproduction. kind of the same feelings i have about abortion. im against it but its not my body or baby so its not my business.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

yea, isn't that the same woman (the archer) who also had a relationship with a bridge? that stuff is interesting. glad she's happy. but you have to admit that something is messed up there.

Yeah I think she had a thing for a bridge too. It is interesting and yeah to me it's some sort of trauma and they detach themselves from real relationships because it's safe. Have you seen "Lars and The Real Girl," with Ryan Gosling? That is another case of it only it's a mannequin. It's a really good movie too if you haven't seen it.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Definitely go for it. All that matters is consent at the end of the day.

Intelligent species why not? Although if it didn't look human it would be weird
But I would still support it.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Some ex-military guys (i think) have said that some resemble us very closely. If that were true, I would get with a female alien. They probably are much more intelligent than Earth females.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Well what is mariage? It is a ritual where you say that you will stand together with each other for the rest of your life. First of all those aliens might reach an age of 1000 years while a human can reach an age of 100. Second of all those aliens might not want to get married. They could be polygamious. Third of all they don't preform this ritual. But they can fall in love and want to life together. So I don't think that will happen.

And besides those rumours about disclosure means nothing. Mark my words there will be no disclosure in our lifetime.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

awesome movie! anyone reading this conversation should watch that movie. its funny but sad at the same kind. my favorite kind of movie. i agree, its a detachment. objects are never changing and sturdy as long as your don't break them yourself. i'm not a psychologist but its easy to see how someone could become attracted to them after some severe trauma.

apologies for partially hijacking this thread. lets bring it back to aliens. if this lady can marry a bow, let the alien love grow! haha.
edit on 16-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't see why we still have marriage today, so I cant see a reason to marry an alien. Plus they would most likely have customs and traditions far different from our own.

I think having a personal relationship with an E.T would be a wondrous thing in itself. At that point marriage would seem irrelevant.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join