It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Invades My Small Town (Caught on Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Went uptown today to pick up some lumber to finish a fence before the dreaded white plague starts to rain down on us (aka snow), when I noticed a bunch of military vehicles I had never seen before down the street from my home.

I took this first video of a group of them parked.

Then after coming back from the lumber yard i passed about 5 heading towards me on the road, it happened on a corner so I didn't have time to get the camera out, but just a moment later I passed 3 hummers pulled over on the side of the road, I managed to get the camera out just in time to catch them on film.

I have lived in this town for 26 years and never seen a military presence here before, why are they now here running what I'm assuming is some sort of drill?

Are they preparing for the big economic crash? There are a few other similar examples i can think of, but I'm just hoping its for something a little less thrilling.

All opinions and knowledge are more then welcome.

Edited to add:

ahh just found out why they say they are here.

apparently they're doing tsunami training.

odd since i don't recall them ever doing it before.

edit on 10/16/2010 by Alaskan Man because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What is that car park where they were parked?

Maybe they were just passing through and stopped for something to eat.

It happens.

CX.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's always interesting to see military vehicles out on the streets. You don't usually see the ones with the heavy machine guns on top.

Who knows- maybe something classified happened in your town...

Maybe were hunting for an escaped universal soldier

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

That's the armory that was built back during the cold war. (and never really used). (you never see more then 1-2 cars there, so that was also strange)

the nearest military base is about 200miles away.

you cant get anywhere when coming to my town, you have to drive about 20miles from the nearest town (which is located on the main hwy) to get to my town, the road ends a few miles down the road, its not a through way.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

In the second video which direction were you driving? Also what town do you live in? Any military bases within 50 miles?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

nearest base is about 200 miles away

took a quick google earth screen grab to show you were i took the videos

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df7ea8264ca8.png[/atsimg]

that's my entire town right there, its a small town.

i was heading towards the top of the map (north) in both videos.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

What is the name of your town?
edit on 10/16/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

odd since i don't recall them ever doing it before.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
When reading ATS one gets the impression you guys only feel secure when your military is not in your country. Now every terrorist raccoon and insurgent wolf in Alaska will be finally be brought to justice. No more littered garbage cans and ravaged BBQ grills. I've also heard that squirrels are developing a nuclear weapon while bears already have it - this may trigger an arms race so preemptive war is needed. Should I even mention hordes of illegal polar bears crossing borders to no end... do you know how much tax payers money deporting them bears costs? If you thought about it a little then you'd realize just how much you need military intervention there....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Tsunami training??

lol..well..i think you should keep an eye on them

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Alaskan Man, thanks for posting. If they aren't enroute to the military base you spoke of, I agree, I think it is a bit strange if you've never seen military vehicles like this in your town the 26 years you've lived there.

"Invasion" . . . .I don't know about that,

edit on 16-10-2010 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Should I even mention hordes of illegal polar bears crossing borders to no end... do you know how much tax payers money deporting them bears costs? If you thought about it a little then you'd realize just how much you need military intervention there....

SassyCat, that's a good point, but I think you're incorrect about the polar bears. Remember, the polar bears are becoming extinct because of the melting glaciers due to man made global warming. There might be a couple of them left, but man has pretty much rubbed out that species due to our carelessness and apathy.

edit on 16-10-2010 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Tsunami training sound rather ominous...

Did you find that out directly from one of them? I sure would ask one if they were in my town.

a funny thought went thru my head, are they training on how to float?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
since people are curious about the location of my town and the closest military base i decided to add a couple more screen shots.

please excuse the horribly crappy editing, i have no idea how to edit photos with paint haha.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72be22120240.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e40ecd6ff8fe.png[/atsimg]

the base is about 200 road miles from my town.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

"Invasion" . . . .I don't know about that,

haha yeah i don't literally think its an invasion, i just used the word "invades" for lack of a better word.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well, I remember that a town in Alaska was pretty well wrecked by a tsunami in the 1950's or 1960's. From a wave that started around Hawaii.
So this is probably a good thing, don't you think? So there will not be the general chaos that happened in Phukett.
I would only be concerned about tsunami training if I was landlocked. Alaska has the longest coastline in the US, so it's a good place to train.
Although there was a tidal wave on a lake years ago. Before that, no one even considered that could happen. It was a big lake and there was a big landslide. Pretty sure that was in Alaska, too. So even landlocked, preparation is better than chaos anytime.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

i think you are thinking of the 1964 quake in Alaska that caused a huge tsunami to wreck the town of Seward AK

while i am on the cost, my town is elevated about 150 feet, with a vertical bluff between us and the inlet.

i don't think a tsunami could effect anyone that didn't live directly on the river, and they wouldn't have to go more then a mile or two to get to high ground.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I would believe a training exercise of some type, with the flashing lights looks like a convoy to me. just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theviking727

yeah that's basically what I'm thinking too, when i first posted this i didn't know it was "tsunami training".

even tho i know the cause for the training now its still causes me to raise an eyebrow since there isn't a real concern for tsunamis here (there are at city's 80-90 miles away, but not here, we're quite elevated)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

How did you find out it was tsunami training? Did you ask one of them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join