It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OxyContin Neurontin and Motrin Oh my! MATURE CONTENT!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well. I am running out of my drugs. I will be out later today. I am going to try and just take the Neurontin. I have read it really helps with the withdrawal! I hope it works because I am ready to come off of the Oxy! Thanks guys! Any docs out there have any advice ona safe doese of my neurontin for Withdrawal? PM me or post, doesn't matter, nothing is secret here!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Oxycontin has been reformulated and the "new" pills hit the market the 3rd quarter of this year.

If your pharmacy gives you Oxycontin pills and they are fatter than the old ones, hand them back. The new pills no longer work. Apparently the Fed's told Purdue to reformulate Oxycontin so people can't chop the pill up and snort it.

Sad thing is their new bubble gum formulation no longer releases the medication so your body can absorb it.

I've had 2 butcher job surgeries that crippled me and I've been on Oxy for a long time. Since the new pills don't work anymore they've got me on Morphine. Best of luck....hope your Pharmacy has LOTS of the old Oxycontin in stock.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I have been getting the new "OP", pills. It seems that they work like crap. I don't understand why they did this! It isn't fair to the people that need them for pain!

The new formulation also makes me sick to my stomach after about an hour of ingestion. I get dizzy and need to lay down.

If I ask for the new pills I was looked at like an addict. I was so angry I yanked my script back and went to another well known pharmacy. NO ONE, around Lancaster/Chester County has the old pills. It is really annoying and unfair!

As I type this I am thinking of calling my pain specilist hotline for the doctor on call, and tell them that they are not working and please call in something that does!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
Well. I am running out of my drugs. I will be out later today. I am going to try and just take the Neurontin. I have read it really helps with the withdrawal! I hope it works because I am ready to come off of the Oxy! Thanks guys! Any docs out there have any advice ona safe doese of my neurontin for Withdrawal? PM me or post, doesn't matter, nothing is secret here!

You can safely take up to 3600 mg of neurontin BUT you will likely have some NASTY side affects.
neurontin is a strange drug in that everyone tolerance to it is different.
It takes some experimenting with dosage to get just the right amount to cut the pain but minimize the side effects
I can take 900mg a day and they work fine.
But if i take 1200mg for more then two days i get bad headaches.

Your body makes gamma-Aminobutyric acid (GABA).
Gabapentin is a substitute for what your body makes.
long term nerve pain depletes the natural levels of GABA the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter in the body.
GABA will not pass through the blood brain barrier but gabapentin will.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well. It looks like I am going to start the Duragesic patch tomorrow. Let's see how it goes! They said it will replace the OxyContin. There will also be no ween off duration as the stuff binds to the same receptors, thus, no withdrawals.

Wish me luck!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join