It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Survived the Chinese Lantern/Helium Balloon invasion of 10-13-10, So Now What?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

The biggest problem I have with your thread is that you somehow seem to suggest that we all apply a unified form of reasoning and that we all should do this from a "reality based center"....

Well, indeed I used those words, but I'm still trying to determine if there's a valid reason for me to think that you are even in the same category as the people I'm referring to? I don't suggest anyone applies a unified form of reasoning to the topic of UFO's. I DO suggest, however that I feel some get so wrapped up in the mysteries of this topic that they don't always look at things objectively. And, well, I can't apologize for suggesting we should look at this topic, or any other topic for that matter, from a "reality-based center." If we fail to do this, we will not discover truth. However....we might entertain a crowd of observers with a decent impersonation of Moe, Larry, and Curly.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well yeah, that was pretty intense.
But now we have this to face.

Disabled werewolves

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Perhaps these and similar 'fake' events are dress rehearsals to guage the public response.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Well, indeed I used those words, but I'm still trying to determine if there's a valid reason for me to think that you are even in the same category as the people I'm referring to?

Here's a hot tip!!! Stop categorizing!!!

I don't suggest anyone applies a unified form of reasoning to the topic of UFO's. I DO suggest, however that I feel some get so wrapped up in the mysteries of this topic that they don't always look at things objectively.

We refer to this anomaly as passion!!! It is a good thing. Just like skeptics are passionate about facts and reason.........and together, through discussion, we get to some form of consensus. This is the very thing that binds us!!!

And, well, I can't apologize for suggesting we should look at this topic, or any other topic for that matter, from a "reality-based center." If we fail to do this, we will not discover truth.

Only by exploring even the fringe we will increase our changes of finding this "truth". (IMHO)

However....we might entertain a crowd of observers with a decent impersonation of Moe, Larry, and Curly.

Aha....so you feel embarrassed!! So we end up where we started, you and your obsession for category's..

Peace

PS: man....I really need a cup of coffee!!!!!!
edit on 16-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: wake up!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I don't get the impression the OP is bashing every single UFO thread that has ever been posted here.
I think the grievance is with the flooding in recent weeks of material which appears highly dubious, and with those who are so terribly gullible as to not even stop to consider the material or video could be false, or misleading.
People who simply accept the presentation hook, line and sinker without any thinking whatsoever.

I usually click on some of them ....might not comment....might not stay long on the thread, but I too find them of interest usually. Not to say I believe everything that's posted.......and I doubt if you do either. Right?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

are you the type of person that doesnt see the train until he gets hit by it? cause you have taken alot of time care and words to express your disbelief in the events that are unfolding. look I know your scared but there here there alien get use to it.....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

See Guardian, therein lies the conflict. Many people feel they are in fact here, but the evidence remains unproven to those who require hard core facts. That's just the way it is.

Different minds and personalities require different degrees of proof.

To say "this is not enough evidence for me", as an opinion, is just as valid for those who have the opinion "this is adequate for me to believe".

People are just different in how they process information.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Actually......, if I was an alien I would do my utmost to disguise my craft as a balloon or Chinese lantern.
Think outside the box people.
Nothing is ever quite the way it seems.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I’m sure on October 13, 2010, many of you experienced the horror of watching your life flash before your very eyes when the prophecy of the Chinese lantern/helium balloon invasion became a reality around the globe. Was it our sheer will to survive as a species that saved us? I suppose it was to a certain degree. However, I’m of the

Hehe, that whole post was brilliant. Starred it, flagged it and laughed at it hard, not in that order. Wish I could fit it in my sig.

However, although it was meant in jest, there's many a person here who should read it 1000 times over.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Star and Flag. I agree with everything you say in the Original Post.
Time has come to wake up the delusional guys around here. Just what they write gives me the creeps. They should say aloud what they write to understand its all absurd.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i understand exactly what your saying night gypsy about the growing trend of alien visitation predictions. its coming to the point where ATS is completely littered with them! do people think were that gullible?

when i noticed it sorta made me think there was actually something that was about to take place, but when i thought about it. none of these posters or thread owners had factual proof! JUST MEANINGLESS RAMBLING!

does this mean theres an agenda trying to increase paranoia? or does it mean more and more people are growing delusional by the day???

one things for sure, if the recent NYC sightings and EL PASO sightings were faked. there is definitely a government agenda trying to induce paranoia. your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the intentions of these scares.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I give you an A for effort. You definitely stated the facts that you believe to be true. As for myself, I know very little of what was in the sky. It could have been government program or even a rogue group showing off. The main problem down here is you have all these events happening so fast you really start to miss the point. You want to be Human, be human. You want to be an E.T. so be it. At this point in our evolution as beings here together it really shouldn't even be a big deal. They want to hide the truth fine, that should tell you something. You want to believe that we are alone, thats okay, it should make you wonder why.
The best advice I can give everyone who reads this is, open your mind and the "i"s will follow. My experience here is we are not alone. We happen to be sharing this planet with others, non Humans.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

edit on 16-10-2010 by Organic97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
WOWWWW.... Thanks for wasting my time and offending anybody who may be interested in the field with your sarcastic and condesending post...

Perhaps the powers of ATS could create a forum called "SARCASTIC RANTS" for such posts...

That being said, I don't see how a post like this is ANY different than even the FARTHEST of left field theories people have the audacity to post on here! How dare they come to a conspiracy website and post a conspiracy that might not fit in with your mindset!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Totally agreed with practically everything you said NightGypsy , and the lunatic-fringe may have something to do with how the people who were once considered weirdos in our society , can now have a voice.
20 years ago , they were reclusive morlochs who stuck pins in voodoo dolls and had no dealings with society , but now.........they can get an internet connection and spew their nonsense about the ashtar galactic command and the agency , and the purple people-eaters from the purple planet playdoh besides Pleiades.
I really think it'll come to the stage where people have to undergo some kind of vetting procedure before they're allowed an internet connection

Its clear there is " something " going on , and its been pretty obvious that we aren't being told the whole story , for over 50 years now , and if we're ever to find out just what IS goin down , we need to view the subject with neutrality and level-headedness.

As regards disclosure , If Carter ( or was it Kennedy ? ) was told that UFO secrets were above his paygrade , what hope have we ? I was hopeful , and astonished at the weight of evidence , and just the sheer credentials of the people that Dr. Stephen Greer brought together , but it came to nothing , and unless i'm mistaken , he has pretty much been exposed as some kind of a charlatan.

I'd still like to be surprised , but i call a spade a spade , and will continue to err on the side of caution.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Nightgypsy, you say you're a believer in UFOs and aliens. I for one would like to hear your views on the abducton phenomenon and the alien question in general.

For the record, I agree with most of your views on the past few days. Most of it has been hysterical BS fuelled by the NORAD guy's prediction. But where you and I differ is I visit this site for mainly entertainment purposes, and those precious few hours of escapism were great fun for me. I knew the Earthcam feed was probably showing planes. I knew the Manhattan UFOs were probably a mass balloon release. And I suspect many ATS members knew too. But it was fun being swept along for the ride. One thing I do know is that if the sh** really WAS hitting the fan with a global alien invasion, the ATS forums would go VERY quiet indeed as everyone desperately tried to contact friends and family and get teh Hell out of Dodge. So that's my benchmark I think. When the ATS forums fall silent - time to get the Hell out.
edit on 16-10-2010 by Mr Hanky because: typo

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

are you the type of person that doesnt see the train until he gets hit by it? cause you have taken alot of time care and words to express your disbelief in the events that are unfolding. look I know your scared but there here there alien get use to it.....

Wow . . . some of you diehard UFOers are a wee bit uptight about this stuff. Okay, I'm gonna presume you've read my posts, right? I would like you to tell me what events you think are unfolding right now. Furthermore, if you feel there are certain videos presented this past week that validate your belief that we're about to experience a major happening in the E.T. arena, then I'm curious to know which one it is. Trust me, Guardian, I took the time to look at the videos because, as I have clearly stated, I believe there will be a revelation of some sort regarding E.T.'s and UFO's. HOWEVER, I haven't seen anything definitive recently. It's the same old stuff we see time after time, it's just our illustrious media decided to chime in this time. They are standing out there reporting how they can't explain WHAT these objects are, interviewing people (many of whom say they look like balloons - lol) and then it just ends. No follow-up stories about whom they tried to contact to find an answer. DID I SAY NO REAL CLOSEUPS FROM THE PROFESSIONAL NEWS PHOTOGRAPHERS AND NO APPEARANCE OR COMMENTS FROM THE MILITARY? The only closeup photos I saw were the one in San Francisco that clearly was a Chinese lantern, and a half-assed one in Manhattan in which I could see what appeared to be a string extended out from the alleged UFO (balloon).

Aside from that, my friend, you would really be doing me a great favor if you could explain to me any particular reason aliens would just appear in the major cities and float around in the skies and leave? In fact, did anyone see one of these objects do anything except float and disappear? Were there any seen actually FLYING around? If they want to make their presence known and want us to get a really good look to know they are REALLY here, why don't they lower their crafts down for us to see them better? Why are they always so far up that everyone's walking around like a bunch of dorks scratching their heads saying, "I don't know, I have no idea what they are. They kinda look like balloons but it's really hard to tell."

This is just my opinion, Guardian, but when there comes a day that aliens present themselves, I am pretty convinced that it will be done in a manner that has no resemblance whatsoever to the stuff we've seen up to now. Showing up, floating around, then disappearing...then just leaving to return to their planet?? COME ON.

Please, Guardian, tell me one thing in this post I've said that is so outrageous and illogical!! Scared? Okay, if you say so (but another silly assumption that is based on your imagination.)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm still shocked to the core by the ramifications of the lanterns.
They clearly didnt hold back and sucker-punched us with wave after wave of revelation.
I truly see how 13/10/10 and the shocking events that befell us that day , have brought us to a new vibrational level where we are no longer seeing through a glass darkly , but can see the full radiant diaphonous truth.
Before the lanterns and the balloons came , i was just a lowly janitor , but now..........i know things.
Macy GRAY is an alien ( the clue is in the name )
As is erin GRAY ( of buck rogers in the 25th century )
oprah winFREY is an alien ( but in disguise )
Glen FREY ) disguised lizard / lantern worshipper )

everything changed. I......I.........I cant quite describe the change , but...but .....my god they're full of stars !

Anyone else ??

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Hanky

Nightgypsy, you say you're a believer in UFOs and aliens. I for one would like to hear your views on the abducton phenomenon and the alien question in general.

Thanks for your response, Mr.Hanky. Those are the areas that pose the biggest question marks for everyone, I think. On the one hand, you have people who, by all appearances, have no past credibility issues who give accounts of being abducted. On the other, you've got some experts in the field, (Greer is one who comes to mind), that claim the government has been using mind control techniques in many instances to convince these people they've been abducted when they haven't. My belief is that both circumstances have been taken place, but beyond that, the details of who, what, when, where, and why are left to speculation. I've read several books and watched countless interviews like many who are interested in this topic, and I conclude that the government has done a pretty damn good job of muddying up the waters in this area.

This is a fact that I believe is posing the biggest problem for U.S. disclosure. How are they gonna explain their behavior up to this point when we've got countless abduction stories, and even reports of abductees undergoing medical procedures of their reproductive organs? How are they going to explain these years of denial, not to mention the lengths they've gone to to make these victims look like liars and crazy people? They have essentially sat back and done nothing as their own citizens have been kidnapped, had their bodies physically violated, and experienced emotional trauma for the remainder of their lives knowing full well this has been occurring. And, if in fact they have been perpetrating some of this stuff . . . well, an explanation would be very interesting from them regarding why they've been doing this and for what purpose? Given these circumstances, and considering our government's inability to be honest about a damn thing, I do not believe we will be given any honest disclosure...and this is another issue I have with some of the die hard believers....they think our govt. is all of a sudden going to do the right thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join