It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasts hit secret Iranian missile launching-pad for US, Israeli targets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Blasts hit secret Iranian missile launching-pad for US, Israeli targets

debka.com

A top-secret Iranian military installation was struck by a triple blast Tues. Oct. 12 the day before Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad arrived in Lebanon. debkafile's military and intelligence sources report the site held most of the Shehab-3 medium-range missile launchers Iran had stocked for striking US forces in Iraq and Israel in the event of war - some set to deliver triple warheads (tri-conic nosecones).

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit to add another source......18 Revolutionary guard killed

(RTTNews) - More than 18 Revolutionary guards were killed and 14 others wounded in an explosion Tuesday at a base of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards (IRG) Corps in the Western Iranian province of Lurestan, reported Iran's official news agency IRNA Wednesday.

edit on 15-10-2010 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow if this is true it could be a real big deal.
I know its DEBKA but they are right on alot of events.
If I find any other sources I will update this thread.
If true I have a feeling there is an Israeli or US hand behind this no matter what the media tells you!...................
debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-10-2010 by paradiselost333 because: to edit

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

debka.com

Very little chance of it being true, especially if that is the only source.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Woah!! Is this the opening salvo of an attack on Iran?

*gets popcorn*

Why does World War 3 feel like it's just around the corner?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by paradiselost333

debka.com

Very little chance of it being true, especially if that is the only source.

Currently 422 news articles on Google News, so I'd say it's true.
Just Google it man!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Tuesday??......isnt that the day when the X37-B was briefly lost.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Only the first few of those links are actually talking about this event. The Reuters Africa link I will buy, but it states that the blast was a result of a fire at an ammunition depot.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

realy?
do have a link to the thread or story?

would like to check it out

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Only the first few of those links are actually talking about this event. The Reuters Africa link I will buy, but it states that the blast was a result of a fire at an ammunition depot.

Of couse thats what they are saying "nothing to see here move on" IMO there is more than meets the eye here.
edit on 15-10-2010 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Nope, the first strike will be a massed air/special operations assault against their ports and every piece of surrounding infrastructure within several miles.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Nice, but in other reports there are no implications of US or Israeli involvement.

So, this was an accident, it happens... yawn.

A Deputy Commander of the Corps said that blast resulted from a fire that spread to a munitions depot at the corps's base in Khoramabad, 300 miles southwest of the capital, Tehran, and close to Iran's restive Kurdistan region.

www.rttnews.com...

And it's old news.

This isn't the big one, so relax, when the Israelis and US strike Iran, it will be massive, and will not end until Iran's defenses have been eliminated along with all of their nuclear facilities.

Neither the US or Israelis seem willing to do that at this point, and that is because it will come at great cost to both. This will be no Iraq, or Afghanistan and they know that... Peace and diplomacy and UN resolutions are their only course now.. For now.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

It was tuesday.

X37-B Missing

You never know.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
militaryphotos.net has the article, yahoo and google have it as well, no longer a secret site now it is plain view, ha ha, now if he shows up wearing a blue turban, then we know that the 27 year war will start soon, of course it could have already started.
edit on 15-10-2010 by bekod because: word corection

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thats the problem with having so many enemys. It could have been a number of country's that orchestrated this. Thats why there putting it down to an accident. Never though proceedings would have started so soon. I havent even finnished digging my nuke bunker. They're so impatient. Honestly

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
reply to post by paradiselost333

It was tuesday.

X37-B Missing

You never know.

the force is strong in this one.

back on topic:
if they were really attacked and had no way of proving who attacked them, what else could they say? they'd say that it was caused by fire. right? 'coz they don't want to let on that their much-vaunted defenses have been penetrated.

but i'm still wondering what the X-37B is hiding in its payload bay.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Exactly, Sunni militants were planning to provoke a war prior to Ahmadinejad’s visit to Lebanon so my guess would be them.

Whoever was responsible, so much for this being a top-secret facility.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Nope, the first strike will be a massed air/special operations assault against their ports and every piece of surrounding infrastructure within several miles.

Nope, the first strike will be exactly like this. Surgical, long-range or stealth missions to take out critical launching and intel sites. Follow that with internal turmoil and espionage stuff to shake up the command structure. Follow that with coordinated high-altitude stealth air strikes. As the anti-air defenses begin to light up (after the stealths are long gone), then we use naval based strike missiles to take out all the anti-air defenses that are now giving away their positions.

After that first week of chaos and first night of heavy strikes, then we use Mossad and Spec Ops to expedite negotiations or all-out invasion.

Smart money says that once infrastructure is decisively wiped out in a couple of days, Iran will be more than willing to negotiate rather than fight Mossad on Iranian soil. Iran certainly does not want Israeli troops on their soil.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just a thought and no proof but the beauty of the thought is that no proof could be found. Stuxnet, the Iranian computer worm could be responsible for the fires and the loss of the missiles.

It would be hard to imagine that an individual could get into the TS missile base with explosives, accellerent
or even triggers to cause that type of explosion. However, the worm has been said to infect not only the Iranian nuclear facility but has also spread to its command and control computers. (Nasty bit of business) If the worm was in the Iranian defense computers it could cause the facility to override normal safeties and commands.

The fires could be caused by their own computer systems. Pretty scary no?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

With current technology, theres no such thing as a secret facility anymore. Thats why everyones heading underground. Even then, once people know its there. You only have to turn one of the employees and they'll do the rest for you.

I wonder whether they know who done it and are currently interogating them, or whether the charges were timed and they managed to get out.

Handy piece of work though. Thats what makes me think it was a Western country or Israel. It would have took a fair bit of planning and technological know how to even get the equipment in there. If security was as tight as they have us believe.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Is that anything more than guesswork?

The first strike must neutralise Iran's capability to block the Strait of Hormuz. This must be done before anything else. Iran will try to achieve this predominantly through the use of small, mine-laying boats, including the otherwise useless Bavar 2 which was designed for this exact purpose.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Yeah that seems plausable to me. Although if they had any sense they would have removed any possible inward connections incase the virus spread to it. If it had already reached the facilitys command structure, then its the perfect assain. Would'nt the virus have to have been programmed to do that specific task though.

I dont know

I havent got a clue when it comes to cyber warfare but your right. Its a scary thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join