It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Light NOW over Seattle- Another cam- What is this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Finding it a little difficult to believe this thread exists....

OP, did you just stumble over this and decide it was worth posting without any investigation? Do you surf webcams as a hobby? Did this not look exactly like a streetlamp?

And as for it changing intensity... Street lamps flicker and vary, and not just because of AC current.. So depending on when the web cam snaps the image, the light may be slightly brighter or darker. And webcams normally use AUTO-exposure, so a few extra car headlights in shot could easily cause the cam to adjust slightly, causing further variations.

If you wish to get excited about webcam content, you really should spend a little time learning about them...

before.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

The OP is probably off doing something more worthwhile right now, so I hope he won't mind if I comment.

If you check TrueAmerican's profile and have a look at his threads/posts, you'll see that he's a very level-headed person and by no means given to flights of great fancy. I've had times where I didn't agree with his point of view but that's no problem. The point is that what he's done here is not to be taken too seriously as he's just having a bit of fun. A little light-heartedness is allowable on ATS.

Frankly most of us who've posted here have followed along in that line. I posted the GIF image to show that besides some minor changes in intensity of the "big bright light", it doesn't even move around at all. If it were anything unusual it would've been noticed by many and the web would've be alive with comments about it. (Clearly that didn't happen.)

Actually, even when the big light's brightness apparently changes, so does the relative brightness of other light-emitting objects in the images, demonstrating the cam in question was adjusting for the incoming light and that the big light itself wasn't varying by much at all... I didn't feel like pointing this out when I posted as ( a ) it was so obvious, and ( b ) because I'd got the hint that this was, after all, just a bit of fun after a lot of absurdly hysterical stuff we've seen posted elsewhere. You know the sort of stuff I mean.

It was just light relief. (Pun intended.) Nothing more.

Best regards,

Mike

<< 1   >>

join