It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming - Lay it all out - Real...or Fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Word on the street is the winters are getting colder, the summers are getting hotter
Word in the sky is the sun spots are at their peak....or they are at their lowest quantity.

I've heard solar storms are coming, I've heard Solar flares are erupting.

The news tells me one thing, and then I read about the opposite.

Can we have some expects come together and reveal to the ATS community in strict detail what is actually happening to the earth?

Calling out professionals to speak out on this topic in particular.

Are we cooling to the next ice age, or are we heating up to the next flood age?

Let em loose,

-G

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
My take is we are heading into a flood era. Never really bought into Mr. Gore and his kooky ideas. Just another group of folks exploiting the inevitable to the masses to get their money. This all happens naturally granted there are 6 plus billion folks on this planet but the earth has the size and weight advantage. I dont think she is as fragile as certain people would like to make some believe. After all look at where she lives. Not to hospitable, then again i'm not a planet so what do i know.

Btw. I am not a professional by any means I just pay attention.
edit on 15-10-2010 by BlastedCaddy because: Disclaimer

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Everyone seems to focus on global warming which is complete ignorance at best because a factor that plays a part is global dimming.

If we stopped pollution or cut it to the extent that government bodies want to it would be disastrous.

These few videos here might be a good start if nobody knows what global dimming is...

When it comes to Global Warming I believe it is nothing more than a new age movement, time will tell and my reasons for this belief are after reading about it rather than ignorance of the topic etc.

edit on 15-10-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
S&F for you. Thank you for starting this thread . I am no pro but I started taking notice of what the joes and jills were saying about the weather [can I use that word] they were seeing in their aera. It seems to be a mixed bag as one would expect but it seems that it is cooling and getting more rain . I noticed the overall cooler in my aera [east coast of canada] but the rain is normal . on a diffrent note, Climate change sceptics are likely to be given greater prominence in BBC documentaries and news bulletins following new editorial guidelines that call for impartiality in the corporation’s science coverage.
www.telegraph.co.uk...
wil be following this thread an see what comes up ...peace

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
global dimming???? The earth has two orbits the one we have at present is circular and therefore have energy from the sun at the same rate all year round. This orbit is the one responsible for the warming period after the iceage. Over so many thousands of years the planet will gradually get warmer but the earths dynamic system stops the warming being a runaway effect and the warming becomes gradual. Mess with the earths system and it allows the acceleration of warming.
The other orbit is ellipitical. The earth moves between these orbits over thousands of years and the ellipitical orbit is responsible for the periodic iceages....

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

My opinion is this is just a natural cycle we go through and they are just trying to cash in on it.

If you look it up all planets are going through changes so its not us that's causing it.

Not saying i like this change because its freezing here in UK its like we skipped autumn and went straight to winter actually did a thread on snow in Britain yesterday.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Now you can throw all the muddling you want at this piece but it is a report from the 40's so take it with a grain of salt ..................peace
The stupefying pace of glacier melt in the 1940s
Here’s a bit of research that you don’t normally see in the MSM stories about glacier melt. It is backed up by a second and very interesting article (below) from 1947 in Geographical Review which says “Most of the worlds glaciers have been shrinking in recent decades.” Yet, news reports of the last decade would have you believe that glacier recession is an unprecedented phenomenon. wattsupwiththat.com...-26921

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There are more humans alive today than have ever lived.

We have reached the point where humans are using more oxygen annually than Earth can create.

Therefor it is likely our planet will turn into Venus and mankind will become extinct. We are not an intelligent life form. Otherwise our global #1 priority would be oxygen production to sustain our species. It is not.

Our worlds Governments will cut down every last tree to sustain their economies, even if it kills us.
edit on 24-10-2010 by Pervius because: spelling

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
personally I think we are in a natural cycle, tho I do feel the changes we are seeing are real, I do feel the proposed adjustments some wish more money making scams.

I've setup Enviormental processes across Europe (covering 8 member states) workign with Govs, enviromental agencies for corporates, all going well until I realised that the processes I'm implementing might be causing more harm than good (WEEE recyling process for one, how is smelting all electronic goods helpful to the enviroment? except perhaps to return the rare earths back to Western coporates)

Now I would have brought into this process as being helpful *if* something was being bone to unify the type of plastics being used in WEEE, as that one step would mean we could reclaim those plastics..

Think of it this way, consider the amount of rare earths being returned from smelting process from a HIFI, and then consider the volume of plastic being wasted as the fuel source to return that little bit of rate earth.. and then consider what that could be doing to the atmosphere we are meant to be protecting.

So for me I stand by the notion we are in the midst of a change in the cycles and that the establishment are simply leavaging that as a way to dig deeper into our pockets.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Why call in professionals? They are the ones that distorted, deleted, and manipulated data, that led to Global Warming being known as the biggest hoax in human history.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Why call in professionals? They are the ones that distorted, deleted, and manipulated data, that led to Global Warming being known as the biggest hoax in human history.

Actually, they DIDN'T. This was proven over and over and over.

With a name like "Carseller" though, I can see why you might try to BS to sell a point.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

They didn't? Care to explain further?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Word on the street is the winters are getting colder, the summers are getting hotter
Word in the sky is the sun spots are at their peak....or they are at their lowest quantity.

I've heard solar storms are coming, I've heard Solar flares are erupting.

The news tells me one thing, and then I read about the opposite.

Can we have some expects come together and reveal to the ATS community in strict detail what is actually happening to the earth?

Calling out professionals to speak out on this topic in particular.

Are we cooling to the next ice age, or are we heating up to the next flood age?

Let em loose,

-G

Global temperatures are rising, this is global warming. Global warming causes climate change, which essentially means long-term regional climates are disrupted, change forever, and can cause very erratic weather. Record temps, rainfall/snowfall, storms, droughts, floods, ecosystem collapse, etc.

For the past few decades, solar irradiance and sunspots have been at a MINIMUM:
science.nasa.gov...
And...
www.nasa.gov...

Solar storms are predicted to begin a maximum over the next few years:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

We won't see another ice age for THOUSANDS of years:
amper.ped.muni.cz...

Links for the REAL SCIENCE on global warming:

www.nasa.gov...

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

www.ipcc.ch...

My thread on an excellent youtube series on Anthropogenic Global Warming:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Debunking climate deniers:

www.skepticalscience.com...

www.grist.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

They didn't? Care to explain further?

Thanks.

Nope. All the emails you heard about saying things like "hide the decline" and "mike's nature trick" were totally taken out of context, cherry picked, misinterpreted, and exaggerated. The scientists didn't actually delete anything when they put out their reports, and the worst thing they can be accused of is being a little disorganized and suspicious of FOIA requests (which climate deniers tended to request then use to falsely debunk AGW by once again misinterpreting/exaggerating/cherry-picking). There were 4 independent investigations of the emails, all of which cleared the scientists of ANY wrongdoing or bad science...

ourworld.unu.edu...

www.realclimate.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

And I'll let Peter Sinclair go into more depth about the CRU hacks:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The data is there to support global warming and climate change. Not just the data on temperatures, but also the data documenting the effects of climate change on plant and animal populations, geolgical, oceanographic and more. And no I'm not going to list all the sources since they are all publically available, have been cited numerous times on ATS, and anyone can easily find them who wants to a small effort to look. And I am not referring to the second hand "analysis" or "explanations" given of the data by those with an agenda to push, but the real data and studies.

It doesn't take a lot of thought or effort to start typing "In my opinion.." and then spout whatever happens to come to mind that fits in with your own beliefs or politics. However at ATS, we should be denying ignorance, and that starts with considering the fact that the data might.. just might.. demonstrate that your beliefs are wrong. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

new topics

top topics

join