It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass insanity on ATS?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
reply to post by MikeTheFrogg

apparently the advertising is user specif to the country your accessing the net and nothing to do with ATS.. so they say..

Yes, that's what I figured out after pushing the post button... All advertisements are in french, there's a rotation just like Google Ads. If I connect using an US proxy, of course, no more scientology ads. It's not a big deal anyway.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
has anybody noticed how much garbage gets posted on the front page of ATS? it was supposed to die down but its as bad as ever. we have idiots running around star and flagging obvious hoaxes and drowning out legitimate topics.

here's a tip USE your brain to THINK about the story being presented to you if something doesnt sit right with you investigate further before lighting flares and using neon lights to draw the rest of your gullible brain dead unthinking army to the thread and then argue pages of pointless and off topic points. your killing ATS with this oh lets believe everything people write on here mentality. THINK.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsisux

If you have something that's off topic feel free to u2u me. And has anybody seen some of the quality threads on ats this week?
TO ALL HUMANS, the time has come to take back our world! FULL DISCLOSURE!,

Now this bright spark can't even stick to his original story. He starts off insinuating he is a reptile and then starts associating with humans and then back to reptiles.

Either this guy is insane or he is a hoaxer or he is an idiot who is easily fooled. Either way I pity him and his like.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by pepsisux

If you have something that's off topic feel free to u2u me...

From my own experience - unless I got it all wrong - it's not possible for new members to send U2U messages before they have 20 posts.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeTheFrogg

yes your right. well you can still post a comment on my profile page

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i was noticing some idiotic postings on a certain thread that i wont mention and was wondering if april fools had come early. and then i realized its a full moon. so if you see people acting batsh!t insane just smile and keep walking. it not their fault.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

This is an interesting point.

I've read that ~40% of human beings have worms in their brains, and they are affected by the full moon. During this period of time, they move around a lot and copulate. This causes neurosis and perhaps even slight psychosis in some.

So next time you see/hear people acting especially bizarre during a full moon, realize that they likely have worms getting it on in their brains.

edit on 19-1-2011 by unityemissions because: worms in me brains!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

This is an interesting point.

I've read that ~40% of human beings have worms in their brains,

LoL 40% seems a little conservative but i guess you have to give the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I think the rise in people visiting the site might have something to do with it
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
What the heck is going on with the people here? It's even worst then weird.

More New Examples:
Adlof Hitler and Muslim Brotherhood
Rebecca Black "Friday" song predicts various disasters before they happen!
Obama's Faked Photographic Past For All To Clearly See.

This stuff is so low, I can't believe it!

edit on 7-4-2011 by cushycrux because: some fixes

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

i dont see whats the problem here. its free anybody can post bs and anybody can star and flag what ever they like. how ironic is it to complain about this on a "conspiracy site"

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
So I leave another month, It's a kind of masochistic to read more and more disinfo.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
My car broke on me the other day. It would cost more to fix than it was worth.

I found a new car that I had never really spared much thought to, and since buying it, as if by magic, I started seeing them all over the place.

A case of selective attention, they were always there.

Since the end of 2010, and the beginning of 2011, a lot of changes with the earth has happened. Some unexplained, some natural.

Chuck that in with the mythical 2012 date and massive doses of TV and movie's, and you have mass selective attention of people seeking answers.

Unfortunately the majority are getting lost in imagination, without an ounce of logic in sight. Feeding each others fears and fantasy.

Either that, or they are paid dis-info succeeding at their jobs

Annoying, yes. It makes it a lot harder to obtain decent and informative information due to it being drowned.

Who can blame them though. With the world the way it is, escapism appeals to me too.

'' Oh Logic, you make my world seem a lonely place, but I am ever so glad to have you in my mind, shielding me from the madness that scratches at the door''

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red_xi
My car broke on me the other day. It would cost more to fix than it was worth.

I found a new car that I had never really spared much thought to, and since buying it, as if by magic, I started seeing them all over the place.

A case of selective attention, they were always there.

Since the end of 2010, and the beginning of 2011, a lot of changes with the earth has happened. Some unexplained, some natural.

Chuck that in with the mythical 2012 date and massive doses of TV and movie's, and you have mass selective attention of people seeking answers.

Unfortunately the majority are getting lost in imagination, without an ounce of logic in sight. Feeding each others fears and fantasy.

Either that, or they are paid dis-info succeeding at their jobs

Annoying, yes. It makes it a lot harder to obtain decent and informative information due to it being drowned.

Who can blame them though. With the world the way it is, escapism appeals to me too.

'' Oh Logic, you make my world seem a lonely place, but I am ever so glad to have you in my mind, shielding me from the madness that scratches at the door''

I guess my problem is a lack of tolerance, i just feel that too much tolerance leads to apathy. Where does one draw draw the line with tolerance? The irony of Intolerance is also not lost on me. As i imagine there are people who cant tolerate my intolerance lol. All im asking for is a balance in society, i understand there are people who need to believe and i have some ideas that people consider crazy too. BUT the difference is that im willing to weigh in my opinion with logic and reason.

Ahh but i miss the simpler days of yore. It seems the world in general is in a tailspin. hurtling out of control. or is that just my perception of it. i dont know. ask the people of America how their country became a 2nd world nation, Ask them what happened to the American dream. Ask them if things are normal. I suspect we are only cresting the wave of strange days. Only the strong will survive. Good luck to us all hey?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The recent popularity of this site seems to be degrading the quality more than helping it. There isn't a good way to screen new members, so I guess we are stuck for right now.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TraptInTheSystem

Here is the thing, This site is supposed to represent a cross section of society...as i said supposed to. And for the most part it does. But just like the macro society outside ATS, so too does the microcosm on here. People are gullible pawns. i dont care how you spin it thats that truth. the majority of the human race are a bunch of suckers. Kill the messenger if you like but take a look around before you pull the trigger.

We wouldnt be in the state we are in if the majority of people worshiped wisdom and curiosity over money and power. idolized scientists and engineers over pop stars and sports gods. The pure idiocy of any race that invests so much energy into something that does not improve the planet or the their own race is mind blowing. And the fact that this even needs to be pointed out shows how badly screwed we are if we dont wake up and fast.

so long story short. as long as morons keep reproducing we are done for. This isnt a game anymore, im talking about the decline of humanity. over decades but it will happen if things keep at this pace. i have hope even the sheep will wake up but it wont happen on their own.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
We wouldnt be in the state we are in if the majority of people worshiped wisdom and curiosity over money and power. idolized scientists and engineers over pop stars and sports gods. The pure idiocy of any race that invests so much energy into something that does not improve the planet or the their own race is mind blowing.

You forgot to mention one other factor which leads to a fractious, disjointed, radicalized and stagnating influence on the human race: 3 major religions which cannot tolerate the presence of each other or any religion which falls outside of those three.

I have nothing against a belief in deity since I share in that theology myself. However, the moronic acceptance of dogma thousands of years old does not equate to a whit of progression for the population of this planet. The same goes for those who would deny such beliefs in others.

The spiritual connection between deity and human should be internal and not distributed as a part of a program to the many. That, imho, is brainwashing of the most ancient kind.

$0,02

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
In any library the choice of what one reads lies with ones self
so do the complaints if the selection sucks

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join