It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a browser that integrates with my MS Access client

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hi all,
I recently got the entire MS Office Suite for $10.00 through a work program. So I've decided to start using MS Access as my mail client because I've always enjoyed it at work and it streamlines things much better than Gmail or any of the free servers (I use my Cox email through my Outlook) My question is, is there a browser out there that integrates your MS Outlook emails with the browser? I've had little luck searching for one and honestly, I'm hesitant to leave my browser of choice right now (Google Chrome), Firefox occasionally, and IE9 has actually worked very well with improvements from IE8, but it's still on the dissapointing end. The only reason why I use IE9 is because I'm between jobs and on half of the online application sites it is the only browser that actually work. I also have a question on my Samsung Vibrant Android phone as well, listed below is what I am looking for help on:

1) A new internet browser, I am getting a little bored with Chrome and love to try things out.
2)A browser that integrates Access emails inside the browser
3)IS there an unofficial/official Froyo (Android 2.2) seed out there that is compatible with the Samsung Vibrant? I loved 2.2 before my Nexus broke and was hoping to see it on the Vibrant sooner.
4)What are your most recommended browsers for a mobile device, specificallhy Android?

Sorry for the bunches of questions. I run Windows 7 64-bit. I love Mac and Linux but honestly I'm not tech savvy to have a go at Linux and I don't have the cash to throw at an OSX machine. One more thing, for you gurus, would you mind pointing me towards some good general utility applications (for that matter, any applications or programs you find useful or cool) for my Windows 7 laptop or my Android phone?

Thanks for the help in advance. I hope this isn't a repeated thread but if it is I apologize.
edit on 10/12/10 by zcflint05 because: added additional questions

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Hi

Ummm...you have a lot of tech type questions and I'm not sure ATS is the appropriate place for them.

You might have better luck going to these sites (links below) and registering and posting in the forums there. The forums on Tom's Hardware can be especially useful. There are a lot of people who would be able to help you with your questions, or at least point you in the right direction.

www.tomshardware.com...

www.techspot.com...

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
i came here to suggest reddit techsupport.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
MS Access is a database program not an email client....
Here is some code examples to code into access so you can email out of it.
www.peterssoftware.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Turn around a bit and start from a different angle..Ms Outlook integrates well with almost any cloud mail out there, start there it would be a lot easier..Good luck there sir..

new topics

top topics

join