It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6000 year old Stone Tablets and the Sumerians Knowledge of our Universe. Great Vid.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is a VERY interesting vid.

I know its quite long at 55 mins but it is something great to watch tonight guys.

The Sumerians seem to of known about our universe and describe it in great detail. This vid does seem to point to the fact that the Sumerians were or are either very clever or had obtained knowledge from elsewhere.

In a set of 6000-year-old stone tablets, the Sumerians of Mesopotamia vividly describe cataclysmic planetary events which billions of years ago gave our solar system it's current configuration, fashioning our own planet in the process. Sumerian records also mention advanced human cloning technology and the existence of an additional planet in our solar system referred to as Nibiru, which is currently unknown to modern science, and is the recorded home of our human ancestors, according to these ancient records. Eminent scientists agree that calculations tend to confirm the accuracy of the ancient Sumerian creation story. Now unmanned U.S. space probes have photographed pyramids and other strange features on the surface of Mars, suggesting this was once the site of an alien space base. Join Zecharia Sitchin, author of Genesis Revisited and The 12th Planet, as we embark on an exciting new journey into uncharted territory; a provocative reassessment of who we are and where we stand in the Universe. Includes the facts about these amazing discoveries along with a series of spellbinding interviews with researchers and the best known, most credible scientists in the world today. Packed with expert analyses, in-depth commentary, and stunning unforgettable conclusions.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sitchin writes a cool story but it bears little resemblance to the original Sumerian texts. It is, for the most part, a product of his own mind. There is also no scientific evidence to support it.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Who pays for this anti Tesla flap trap.
Tell them to stop and pay AIG off our backs.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Sitchin writes a cool story but it bears little resemblance to the original Sumerian texts. It is, for the most part, a product of his own mind. There is also no scientific evidence to support it.

If you dont like this thread, why did you bother of posting in it?
We know that you dont like Sitchin,

There is also no scientific evidence to support it

Whatever

edit on 12-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I do like it. That's why I joined it.

Do you think there is scientific evidence which supports Sitchin? Would you like to discuss it?
edit on 10/12/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Do Sumerian texts actually reveal anything.
I found Homer and Old Testament and such text quite confusing
until Velikovsky pointed out their problems which went away
essentially -600 and since the AD there is quite a clarity until
people start bringing up ancient confusions.
This Sumeria being the northern kingdom of Israeli perhaps.
Or by the Mesopotamian region.
No matter they all lived through the same catastrophes they
did not understand.
The ancients knew very little of what was happening to them.
The Earth was twisted and turned and were at least knowledgeable
that a higher authority was behind the cosmic events.
Since the AD there is little confusion but hard times as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sitchin grossly misreads Sumerian texts and worse, he purposely misrepresents Sumerian artifacts and tablets as "proof" of his ancient astronaut theory. I had read the first book of his series (the 12th planet) and nearly choked when I read how he interpreted a Babylonian astrolabe (which depicts the night sky, including milky way and several prominent constellations like Pliedes) Sitchin chose instead to misrepresent this artifact as a astronomical map to earth, complete with landmarks such as clouds. Last time I checked giving someone directions that involve "turn left at the cloud" so their "dingir" (rocketship) doesn't crash into a mountain is hardly what I call good flight directions.

He contends that this alien race could come to earth and begin interbreeding with Humans. We can't breed with chimpanzees, with which we share 98% of our genome, so how does that compare with an truly alien species, with whom we aren't likely to share any of our genetic code. Again it's just nonsense. I doubt Sitchin cares what the scientific community thinks of him, he's made a ton of money selling his farce of a story.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
/reply to post by Blackmarketeer

lol you actually believe that the scientific community report that we share 98% of our DNA with the Chimpanzees ?

Chimpanzees share an estimated 98% of their genes with humans

That's not actually true

chimpanzees aren't smart they only act and see what humans
do and they will repeat the process, same goes with apes.
edit on 12-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

well bub the thing is you cant take sitchin word for word that is where ur brain needs a filter hence why the last reply tells u what he says but anyways if u know anything about what sitchin said u would know its not..

aliens came here and started breedin with humans first they had to create humans bro using there genetics and that of cro magnon man hence why the first book of the bible is GENESis! if ur gonna attack him attack him with some knowledge of what he about!

i bet u never read lost realms which is the book u should read! not 12th planet!

point being if they had to use there genetics to speed up evolution then YES they could breed and even at that ALL species within this universe share the properties anyway!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

If you need some help with that, here you go.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The full nuclear DNA sequence of Pan Troglodytes.

And a human one for you compare with.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

What you said is true to a large extent. But most documentaries are contaminated by the author. They can't help worm their bias into the equation somehow, whether on purpose or by accident.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Please elaborate....and I''m certain Einstein's theories were products of his mind as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Yes.
From a mind with a firm background in physics which he was able to use to backup his theories and provide falsifiable predictions.

Sitchin...not so much. No evidence. Weak knowledge of the culture and language.
edit on 10/12/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

With all respect,

I assume you can read Sumerian, otherwise what you are saying is hearsay/hear-read, of-course you still can be right :-)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I assume you can read Sumerian, otherwise what you are saying is hearsay/hear-read, of-course you still can be right :-)

I believe Phage (or myself for that matter) can read Sumerian Cuneiform script just as well as Mr. Sitchin. In fact I believe you or anyone else on this site can read Sumerian as well as Mr. Sitchin!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthOccupant

Many of the cylinder seals and monuments that Sitchin uses to support his theory have had a number of academic journal articles written on them and none of them have come to the same conclusion that Sitchin has come to. There is also the Sumerian Lexicon which you can use to double check Sitchin's work and realize that his translations are flat out wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The only major difference between the chimp/ape brain and the human brain is the larger prefrontal cortex in humans. While this difference may appear slight, it is what truly separates us and the other apes. It allows for forward planning, a more diverse set of behaviors in social situations, and the ability to think in both an individual way and a group way. This essentially lead to things like language and civilization which are the only things that really set us apart from our closest relatives in the evolution family tree.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

edit on 7-12-2010 by VI0811 because: delete it .. using quote instead

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Sitchin grossly misreads Sumerian texts and worse, he purposely misrepresents Sumerian artifacts and tablets as "proof" of his ancient astronaut theory. I had read the first book of his series (the 12th planet) and nearly choked when I read how he interpreted a Babylonian astrolabe (which depicts the night sky, including milky way and several prominent constellations like Pliedes) Sitchin chose instead to misrepresent this artifact as a astronomical map to earth, complete with landmarks such as clouds. Last time I checked giving someone directions that involve "turn left at the cloud" so their "dingir" (rocketship) doesn't crash into a mountain is hardly what I call good flight directions.

He contends that this alien race could come to earth and begin interbreeding with Humans. We can't breed with chimpanzees, with which we share 98% of our genome, so how does that compare with an truly alien species, with whom we aren't likely to share any of our genetic code. Again it's just nonsense. I doubt Sitchin cares what the scientific community thinks of him, he's made a ton of money selling his farce of a story.

Please do your research before posting. It is explained in books as well as in the texts how humans came about. You asked the right questions, Now go seek the answers.

VI

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I see you have the quote ("Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain-) But yet, you provide no basis for your comment except for selfish negativity to detour others from the truth. A person who spreads mis-information for the shear pleasure of disagreeing with people. Therefor, you are in fact promoting a double standard as you have failed to provide any scientific fact for dis-proving Sitchin's claims.

I have read a great number of books on the Sumerian subject and the history surrounding their culture. Sitchin is right on course with his theory's. Some of his interpretations are off ( in my opinion ) but, his descriptions hold merit.

For Example:

I have since begun going through the texts myself to determine the validity of Sitchens ( as well as others ) claims of the origins of man. I have found it surprising how accurate Sitchen ( as well as others ) is in his books. The discription of Nibiru however, sounds more like a dawf star than a planet. Which would make more sense, given the fact that a dwarf star would generate enough heat and light to support life on a moon, but still be small and dark enough not to be seen from Earth. Sitchins descriptions on Nibiru almost describes a dwarf star (brown dwarf - red dwarf) to a 't'. Nibiru could easily be orbiting this star and would solve the issue of a rouge planet to far out in space to generate heat for sustained life to evolve.

Please follow your own advice ...

VI

top topics

<<   2 >>

join