It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Planes, Viruses, Israel and Cyberwarfare; THEORY only

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have no facts, no proof and no damn evidence to support my theory, well, tiny theory.

A while ago a Spanish magazine claimed that a "virus" purposefully built and programmed was responsible for causing an Air Crash in Aug 08 killing 154 passengers.
Story here:

Spanish Air Crash

In september of this year Stuxnet a virus, or worm, attacked and infects Siemens Built control systems in stacks of countries round the world.
Of it, Kaspersky labs said the following:

working and fearsome prototype of a cyber-weapon that could lead to the creation of a new arms race,"

To me thats quite a statement by one of the leading Internet Security Firms in the world.

Stuxnet attacks Siemens

In the same month the same worm or virus Stuxnet Affects computers at Irans nuclear power stations causing panic among the Iranians Government pointing fingers in a few directions (cough America cough). Not causing to much damage the worm is still a massive threat.

Fox NEWS says the following:

The destructive Stuxnet worm has surprised experts because it is the first one specifically created to take over industrial control systems, rather than just steal or manipulate data.

Source Source Fox News

Below is a quote form Wikipedia on the Stuxnet which to me is quite relevant:

Russian digital security company Kaspersky Labs released a statement that described Stuxnet as "a working and fearsome prototype of a cyber-weapon that will lead to the creation of a new arms race in the world." Kevin Hogan, Senior Director of Security Response at Symantec, noted that 60 percent of the infected computers worldwide were in Iran, suggesting its industrial plants were the target.[12] Kaspersky Labs concluded that the attacks could only have been conducted "with nation-state support", making Iran the first target of real cyber warfare.

So my theory.
1) Could this Worm Stuxnet of been invented much earlier than 2008?

2) Could this Stuxnet of been used to control the Airplanes on 9/11?

3) Could this Worm of been TESTED in Real LIfe on 9/11?

4) Who is REALLY behind Stuxnet? George Bushes Counter - Terro Official says Israel did it Source

I find this interesting as there is common belief that Israel or Mossad had something to do with 9/11. Along with the CIA who happen to have a very advanced Cyber team at hand. hmmmm just thinking out loud. Israel the CIA and a computer virus. 21st Century Warfare.

Maybe using the Terrorists as a back up in case the Virus failed, they could step in and control the planes.

Maybe the Air Control Towers computers were infected with Stuxnet and it changed DATA, as it is supposed to be able to do and do it without trace.

Has anybody looked into this? If so what was the outcome of this theory. It could be the missing link some people have been looking for. I bet Stuxnet has been around for a while on some Govs black project book somewhere.

Finally an article by CNET on the EU and Americas take of Stuxnet

EU calls Stuxnet 'paradigm shift' as U.S. responds more mildly CNET ARTICLE

Just my thoughts. Any comments welcome. Once again, this is just a theory and I have NO proof. Speculation maybe.

Good Night people!

edit on 12/10/10 by MrRed because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

You know with the evidence available that there is reason to believe some of the terrorist were CIA or had been associated with CIA it would not surprise me that the following scenario took place. CIA hired these guys to get on the plane. Then they remote controlled it into the the targets and cut off radio communications. So the pilots were stuck with an unresponsive aircraft with no way to communicate. The planes hits their targets and within days we have pictures of alleged hijackers boarding the aircraft. Perfect cover if you ask me. Now linking a virus of some sort would be more difficult, but certainly the fact that not a single pilot keyed their mic or hit the distress button would indicate loss of system function from within the cockpit, or highly skilled assassins with box cutters.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Well, this virus could account for many things that are unexplained. Including missing Flight data, delays in scrambling Jets, knocking out security controls at the Airports and in Washington, the White house. Anything. And Yes especially the cockpit controls.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
seems like a stretch. i think remote control was possible, but dont see point of using virus.. they already had the ability to create false plane signals didnt they? i recall them talking about creating fake blips on the screen.

if they used the virus i would think they would have done something else. but perhaps im wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed
Well, this virus could account for many things that are unexplained. Including missing Flight data, delays in scrambling Jets, knocking out security controls at the Airports and in Washington, the White house. Anything. And Yes especially the cockpit controls.

It's unlikely. Stuxnet specifically infects PLC circuits and has a bunch of very specific behaviours. As far as I know none of the aircraft used in 911 have fly by wire circuitry, they're all hydraulically driven, which would make controlling them extremely difficult.

You could use this virus as a magical element that can deal with any data you feel is suspect, but there is no reason to. We already have explanations for everything you listed, and there's no evidence that stuxnet or any other virus was involved.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

Your "theory" (tiny) should die right where it started, as it has no merit. At least, NOT where the Spanair crash in Madrid is involved.

From the article you linked:

"The Spanair central computer which registered technical problems for planes was not functioning properly because it had been contaminated by harmful computer programs."

That is referring to the airline company's computerized maintenance record keeping system. NOT anything located onboard the airplane!! In any event, the accident airplane was an MD-82! Very, very old technology....very much a "stick and rudder" airplane, NOT terribly dependent on computers. (I have several thousand hours as a Captain on this type, so I happen to know a little something).

You may wish to read up on that specific accident (I can help with technical questions):

Basic pilot error blamed for Spanair crash in Madrid that killed 154

The Sunday Times article.

The crew of the MD82 jet failed to extend the wing flaps that are vital for take-off and an automatic system did not alert them, according to media leaks from the Madrid investigation.

This is almost exactly, chillingly, the same scenario that resulted in the terrible crash of Northwest Airlines 255 at Detroit Airport, in 1987. ALSO a version of the MD-80...in fact, another MD-82 (the differences between the MD-80, -81, -82 and -83 are minor, just engines/instrumententation, weight limits and date of manufacture).

Northwest 255

top topics

join