It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Photos at 22M x Magnification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
These are some great pics, my favourite it the ant carrying a microchip.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

There is only 4 in this series though I will look for any others.

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Very nice find. I do hope you find some more! Pretty incredible the ant seems so much bigger then the microchip. Or that so much information can be captured on something so tiny. It really is a world of wonder.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

It shows the other dimensions, the other worlds which is truly amazing and has a beauty of its own.

Nothing is impossible.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The microchip that the ant is holding looks fake to me. It could just be the processes involved or something though. Still pretty cool. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Thats what impressed me so much, not just the magnification of the photo, but the fact we can make components so small.

Unfortunately to get to the rest of the photos in the series you need to be a member of the Barcroft Pacific website.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Interesting pictures but a few things look fake to me. The microchip just doesn't look real and what is with the odd coloration with some of the images? Even the ant doesn't look very real.
I have seen other closeup images from science books and they show much more detail than these pictures do. I am not saying they are fake, just wondering why they don't look as real as some other photos I have seen other places?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There are more photos from this series here: Microcosmos.

The coloring is because these are scanning electron microscopes images. They are not taken with visible light, so there is no "color" to capture. The color is artificially added.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
These are awesome photos. Thanks for bringing this to light, it's easy to over look the little things.
By the way some of these make some pretty impressive desktop wallpapers.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
is it true that microchips contain tiny "time machines" and that electrons "warp" from one space to another?

top topics

join