It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600 foot-long crack opens up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

600 foot-long crack opens up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

www.wzzm13.com

STEPHENSON, Mich. (AP) -- Questions are flying after a more than 600-foot-long crevice suddenly opened up this month in the Upper Peninsula.

Residents around Stephenson in Menominee County are asking about what caused the earth to open up Oct. 4.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ehextra.com

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I wonder what could have caused something like this to happen. Any ATS members from the UP in Michigan can shed some light into this event?
A lot of that region's rock is Precambrian, and it was near the failed mid-continental rift. Maybe something is settling over there or is being reactivated? But some say that these cracks are not new occurrences, and that they have happened before. I dont know folks, anyone out there that has seen these or knows more about them other than what they said on the news?

A little bit on the geology of the UP of Michigan:

www.msstate.edu...

www.wzzm13.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you. This was posted last Thursday or friday.. In fact I think there are 3 or 4 of them. The search option was not working and people were unable to search previously posted topics.

have a good day!

Stars and flags for being fantasticly late

edit on 11-10-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
we can throw those animals that picked on that dying girl in there

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

eh?? what animals and what dying girl? Do tell is this Michigan news that I missed? Or is this inside between you and Op and I am not in the loop?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Mobius1974

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Wow!
Is that sick or what?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
On going thread on this story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I hope the petkovs entire family dies of face and arse cancer simultaniously!!! How in the world can you find 2 people in the entire world that would treat a dying 7 yr old girl like that ??? let alone, a couple that will both do something like this.. I am in Michigan....

Let me be clear.. If I were the dad... I have already lost my wife.. my daughter is deteriorating.. When she goes.. I would be locking and loading my best shotty and would exact revenge the day after her funeral. Period!!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
I hate to break it to you. This was posted last Thursday or friday.. In fact I think there are 3 or 4 of them. The search option was not working and people were unable to search previously posted topics.

have a good day!

Stars and flags for being fantasticly late

edit on 11-10-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

Really? aw nuts!! Ah well, hope folks still see this and get some cool info on it!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join