It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test your firewall.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Here is a website that tests your firewall against attacks. It's a great tool that can show you where you need to beef up your security if need be.

PcFlank

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Once upon a time a hacker bought a website which claims to check your computer for vulnerabilities. It did indeed check for vulnerabilities.... It also took note of your IP address, and gave the hacker a nice list of possible targets.

It's best you learn how to check for vulnerabilities yourself. Don't trust anyone else.
edit on 11-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I agree.

A quick check of the site listed this information about the owner:

Administrative Contact:
Kulikova, Natalya
5-ya Krasnoormeiskaya 11
Saint-Petersburg, 190000
RU
+7-812-9632212
Technical Contact:
Kulikova, Natalya
5-ya Krasnoormeiskaya 11
Saint-Petersburg, 190000
RU
+7-812-9632212

Yeah. Russian.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The site has been around since 2001. Entrepreneur did a review on it. If it wasn't legit it would have been taken down by now.

www.entrepreneur.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nmap and Nessus are how I test my firewalls and so far thats worked very well for me, not going to lie I don't trust a site in Russia to "check my security" without taking an actual swing at it, much like a large portion of Asia is prone to these days.

It's best you learn how to check for vulnerabilities yourself. Don't trust anyone else.

This is how it should be, if more people educated themselves on such things it would ultimately make everyones lives a lot easier and stress free; don't know how many times friends have brought me computers to have reformatted because they infested them with all kinds of nastyware using some crap like Limewire.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just for anyone that might need a reliable testing site: www.grc.com...

It's been around a long time and started by Steve Gibson.

It's a good place to do a test (called Shields UP) and learn about basic security.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am running Fedora 14 KDE and Firefox 3.6.12 with firewall engaged. Passed with flying colors and all ports are on stealth. No leaks, nothing passed through my firewall. Get Fedora here:
fedoraproject.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hmmm a link on a forum to a Russian website thats going scan for open ports on my pc....
What could possibly go wrong

I have no idea if it's legit or not, but i'd rather not try
edit on 29-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

top topics

join