It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Change-Why The Revolution Won't Be Tweeted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here's an interewsting article from the New Yorker .

Why The Revolution Won't be Tweeted

" The platforms of social media are built around weak ties. Twitter is a way of following (or being followed by) people you may never have met. Facebook is a tool for efficiently managing your acquaintances, for keeping up with the people you would not otherwise be able to stay in touch with. That’s why you can have a thousand “friends” on Facebook, as you never could in real life."

Often it's the small change that affects us most in the long run.
Science Fiction long predicted a future , not of scary totaltarianism, but of utter vapidity and hollow soulessness.
Why would anyone bother to enslave an already mallable and passive population.
When do we lose the distinction between reality and the mirage?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

"The instruments of social media are well suited to making the existing social order more efficient. They are not a natural enemy of the status quo. If you are of the opinion that all the world needs is a little buffing around the edges, this should not trouble you. But if you think that there are still lunch counters out there that need integrating it ought to give you pause.

Shirky ends the story of the lost Sidekick by asking, portentously, “What happens next?”—no doubt imagining future waves of digital protesters. But he has already answered the question. What happens next is more of the same. A networked, weak-tie world is good at things like helping Wall Streeters get phones back from teen-age girls. Viva la revolución. ♦"

Read more www.newyorker.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Nice.

I heard a dude the other day say: "If George Orwell could of time traveled to 2010, he would of adopted a different line. Rather than: "Big Brother is Watching You" it would of been "We Are Watching Big Brother", we are consumed by television and corporations, and we are giving our consent"

It was something to that effect.

in any case I iz subscribed

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Thanks to you few that actually read this, much less replied! I;m pleasantly surprised!
This thread will be my last activity on ATS for a while. The site has gone the way of fluff and nonsense.
Please read the article above, I garantee it means more than the Atlantis/lemuria/Obama is a commie threads!
Bye everyone!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wow, wee, wow! GOOD STUFF!! But the Revolution will happen. The Revolution will be victorious! The Revolution is unstoppable! Cause the Revolution baby...it happens when WE say it happensreply to post by OldDragger

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yeh, right on! I am down with that.They think that they're watching us, but we are watching THEM. We see all the faulty figures, all the back room deals done in darkness. We know your little, pissy plan. We see your thoughs afore your reptoid brain even thinks to think. If I were you, I'd watch your sleeping for we can hide in shadow. We can hide in light. We can do things you can't even imagine, for we created the one who created your creators creator..creators creator...creators creator.....back till the ONE.

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Nice.

I heard a dude the other day say: "If George Orwell could of time traveled to 2010, he would of adopted a different line. Rather than: "Big Brother is Watching You" it would of been "We Are Watching Big Brother", we are consumed by television and corporations, and we are giving our consent"

It was something to that effect.

in any case I iz subscribed

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

"But chill, when we start the revolution all they'll probably do is squeal"
--Nas, One Love

Viva La Revolucion!!

haha

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Right on, I hope so! But these are sociopaths we are dealing with. They think they're smarter and better than everyone else. So I hope they don't do something really stupid, cause that would make their situation much, much worse. I wonder if they know that they're about to go DOWN very hard, very soon?

new topics

top topics

join