It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Unite And Get Behind 7 Year Old Kathleen Edwards

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hey guys

Im sure most of you know the story behind this brave little girl, Kathleen Edwards, who was bullied and harrased by neighbours for having Huntingtons disease. This same disease took her mother away from her, who was only 24 at the the time of her death.

Rather than dwell on the disrespect shown by two individuals, I propose we get the entire website behind this gorgeous little girl, regardless of our differences.

I urge all people who have a facebook account to join this group.

www.facebook.com...

Shortly with HomerinNC, we will be posting something on behalf of ATS, to show our support and love to this one special little girl.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
here ya go Ozzie:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb3cfd268156.jpg[/atsimg]

The angel she truely is

edit on 10/9/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Information on Huntingtons disease

en.wikipedia.org...'s_disease

www.ninds.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Joined the group.

Thanks for sharing, Aussie.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Rather than dwell on the disrespect shown by two individuals, I propose we get the entire website behind this gorgeous little girl, regardless of our differences.

What a great idea for a thread and I've just joined the group as well!!

Thanks for posting!!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just joined the group.

Why would these people do that to the little girl? She has a degenerative disease and these people tormented her like that? Did these neighbors have a grudge against her parents, or are just STUPID!?

I hope she doesn't have to live through that bullying any further. I hope those neighbors who did that to her see some kind of justice.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
One day, we will begin to appreciate each other and nobody will be left behind,
On that day, we will be truly human.
Sadly, I'm not on Facebook, but my thoughts don't need a keyboard or a site.
Peace and love -young Kathleen.

BIAD.
edit on 9-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Thanks OzWeatherman.....

One can only hope those neighbours are vapourised by a passing alien who's having a bad day.

I am not a "FaceBooker", however I will ask a family member to offer a note of support on there.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thanks for all the posts so far guys

Remember there is no obligation to flag this thread. I just want some nice message to send to Kathleen and her family, so we can show her some support and love

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Thanks, Ozweatherman, for the link.

From the facebook page: "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans (12:21)

Gonna mail a painting of an angel to Kathleen, via the toy store. I knew there had to be a good reason I never tried to sell it!!
edit on 9-10-2010 by kyred because: To add something else.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I, too, have not dabbled into Facebook. However, will ask others I know that do to lend their support as well.

But, to what avail??? Does Facebook support provide? (**)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: Ah, I think my question was answered by OzW, as I was typing it....I haven't delved into her story, yet. But, that photo above made me cry, so now I'm hooked....

edit on 9 October 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Will do, buddy. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Hey guys

Im sure most of you know the story behind this brave little girl, Kathleen Edwards, who was bullied and harrased by neighbours for having Huntingtons disease. This same disease took her mother away from her, who was only 24 at the the time of her death.

I urge all people who have a facebook account to join this group.

www.facebook.com...

Shortly with HomerinNC, we will be posting something on behalf of ATS, to show our support and love to this one special little girl.

as a mom this little girl is simply darling ,,, joined fb group, snf

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
thank you Oz,i will do what ever i can do to suport this little girl , your a brave man Oz ,i respect your goal here .what ever i can do just let me know , my word is my bond

thank so very much and may Kathleen one in the hearts of every man

Love Nephi

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sad .. No words !

Im in on this ! Ill join the FB ...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's absolutely rediculous what happened, I can't even contemplate what how her father and other family members are feeling in this too. I hope that she did not have too much exposure to the foul and disgusting behavior exhibited by her so called neighbors.

We are all praying/hoping/wishing for a cure so she can get better.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Oz my friend,

Kudos for this!

Flagged, starred, joined, and spammed. If I can help, let me know.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't have facebook, but I flagged the thread. Please post here what you say in facebook, OK? Thanks!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Oz!

I'm not on Facebook anymore but I will support anyway I can on here! I like the idea of supporting this little girl as opposed to bashing the bullies. A real mature and positive way to deal with it!

If I can help in any way give me a shout, even if it's just a donation to a charity website etc.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well, take this as you wish folks, but it should b read , I believe all methods should be tested..

Latent Huntington's Disease —
Response to Orthomolecular Treatment

Im by far suggesting this as any Cure or workable treatment, but sstill, worth a read , I have been inrested in this Niacin my self, and how diabetes patients gets better by it as it expands the bloodvessels in your body..

That alone wont to much, but there might be an combination out there that works.. For some reason, I think Mother Nature hold the cures for most diseases, we just need to find them...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join