It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke Tells the Truth: The United States is on the Brink of Financial Disaster

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by wonderworld

Yes, the gold confiscation. It happened before remember? Good old FDR.
My Great Uncle told me about it, and also gave me the advice to own silver dollars. Wise man he was....

Executive Order 6102 required U.S. citizens to deliver on or before May 1, 1933 all but a small amount of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates owned by them to the Federal Reserve, in exchange for $20.67 per troy ounce. Under the Trading With the Enemy Act of October 6, 1917, as amended on March 9, 1933, violation of the order was punishable by fine up to $10,000 ($167,700 if adjusted for inflation as of 2010) or up to ten years in prison, or both. Most citizens who owned large amounts of gold had it transferred to countries such as Switzerland

en.wikipedia.org...

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10999 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to seize all means of transportation, including personal cars, trucks or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports, and waterways.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.
National Security Act of 1947 allows for the strategic relocation of industries, services, government and other essential economic activities, and to rationalize the requirements for manpower, resources and production facilities.

1950 Defense Production Act gives the President sweeping powers over all aspects of the economy.

Act of August 29, 1916 authorizes the Secretary of the Army, in time of war, to take possession of any transportation system for transporting troops, material, or any other purpose related to the emergency. Expertise analyzing census
International Emergency Economic Powers Act enables the President to seize the property of a foreign country or national. These powers were transferred to FEMA in a sweeping consolidation in 1979.

This is scary shyte!

What vexes me is that I know Congress knew about all of this

for a loooong time. Their hands were in the cookie jar as well!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This may seem off-topic, it's unintentional if it is.
I've been reading this & other topics, watching the T.V. reports & it's all a bit surreal; I'll try to explain why:
In the relatively remote part of Australia that I live in its almost like the Global Fundage Meltdown just isn't happening; house prices are still rising, there is very substantial building happening, ect. ect. & the politicians are really quick to tell us that their fantastic work is responsible for this situation.
These riots in Europe really seem like they are happening on another planet.
I guess my question/point is this: Why aren't we doing it tough like the rest of the world? Is Australia being shielded by TPTB? Because I don't believe the crap the politicians are feeding us.
Are we some sort of NWO haven? It's very suspicious.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by klaatu4711

Though I don't know the specifics, it's been mentioned numerous times on this site that Australia is the NWO's next pick for rising up as the U.S. & Europe falls. It's a great pick for many reasons, one of them being that in the case of nuclear war, the southern hemisphere is not nearly as effected. I've been gathering funds and trying to keep up with current events so that once it's time to skip out of the states I'll be ready. If the northern hemisphere seems to be safe, I'll likely end up in Canada. If I don't think that's a good idea at the time, it's ether South America, Australia, or New Zealand.

<< 1  2   >>

join