It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke Tells the Truth: The United States is on the Brink of Financial Disaster

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

This is as close as you are ever going to see a central banker admit that his country's financial situation is so dire that it could breakup at any time.

The Mainstream Media is not reporting on this, for obvious reasons.
Yet here we have it from Helicopter Ben himself!

So, Ron Paul is right, , Celente is right, Schiff is right, Sinclair and dozens of others. The IMF...
Its only a matter of time....October suprise?

Yesterday, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke delivered a speech before the the Annual Meeting of the Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council in Providence, Rhode Island. In the speech, he warned about the current state of the government finances. His conclusion, the situation is dire and "unsustainable".[i/]

It is remarkable that mainstream media has given this speech no coverage. I repeat, the central banker of the United States says in his own words:

Let me return to the issue of longer-term fiscal sustainability. As I have discussed, projections by the CBO and others show future budget deficits and debts rising indefinitely, and at increasing rates. To be sure, projections are to some degree only hypothetical exercises. Almost by definition, unsustainable trajectories of deficits and debts will never actually transpire, because creditors would never be willing to lend to a country in which the fiscal debt relative to the national income is rising without limit. Herbert Stein, a wise economist, once said, "If something cannot go on forever, it will stop."9 One way or the other, fiscal adjustments sufficient to stabilize the federal budget will certainly occur at some point. The only real question is whether these adjustments will take place through a careful and deliberative process that weighs priorities and gives people plenty of time to adjust to changes in government programs or tax policies, or whether the needed fiscal adjustments will be a rapid and painful response to a looming or actual fiscal crisis.

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

Oh yeah, what happened, I thought we were out of the Recession???
edit on 7-10-2010 by burntheships because: add link

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The truth often hides a bigger lie
I see this disclosure as a way of introducing the wider agenda of the NWO
Oh Dear - We are on the brink of a total financial collapse
We gave all our money to the banks and they can not help - We need a world bank to sort this mess out.
Thing is any so called solution to the financial problems caused by banks will be run by the same ones who created the problem to begin with

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Oh, exactly right. It is the goal of the elitest bankers to bring this country to its knees, along with any other country they wish to bring down.

I do believe they have a plan, but not for our prosperity.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I live in Australia, and even though we are not one of the states of America, it seems whatever happens there, happens here.....hmmmm

We are screwed.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The snippet of his speech, i think (and this is pure speculation) that he was threatening us with a painful adjustment, or a smooth one that takes time. So what i think is that he is holding the economy hostage again.

I think another bailout is coming, or war(s) to sustain the debt. the constant poking of Iran, Ron Pauls speech on being prepared for the worst. I think that the economy is being held hostage like in 2008. Using words like martial law, and chaos, and complete collapse. Fear mongering to get their agenda passed. This is economic terrorism. But what agenda are they trying to push now? is it war? or letting the US finally collapse?
edit on 10/7/2010 by ugie1028 because: Keyboard fail. Missed letters.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's too bad Bernanke inst on the edge of financial disaster as well.

Really too bad.

But if it makes anyone feel better Ill go urinate in his really large swimming pool, though I doubt he'll notice.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Either which way it's serves the global elite's agenda. If the people speak out and there's too much doubt of a successful passing of another "bailout" without revolution, then we go to war.

Win for the elite: population control

If the people remain sedated by the various psy-ops programming, we get another bail out and prolong the inevitable.

The big wild card is the seeming breakup of the EU. It seems that the OPEN global governance agenda has been in the works for about a century. First real sign of this was with the implementation of the EU.

Obviously, the U.S. has been set up to collapse from decades of "failed" policies. Now that this is all coming to roost, at the same time the EU is on the verge of breaking up, I think their plans are somewhat backfiring.

I'm not sure they know how to handle the people after the collapse now. The original plan was Hegelian dialect: problem, reaction, solution :: collapse, civil unrest/call for more governance, NAU. Now it could be: financial collapse, revolution, ????
edit on 7-10-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
It's too bad Bernanke inst on the edge of financial disaster as well.

Really too bad.

But if it makes anyone feel better Ill go urinate in his really large swimming pool, though I doubt he'll notice.

Ha ha to that - Hey just in case any CIA or other such =%&*!! Trolls are reading this -Your Game is up - you lose We win - we are onto you -

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethyrial Symphony

Perhaps, althowww.scoop.co.nz... Australia is not there yet.

reply to post by ugie1028

Good question. From the sound of it, the experts say it will go...war first, then collapse.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In my opinion, the only way the US will get it's debt & budget under control,
is a massive Foreign Policy/Military change.

1/2 the budget is for the military and it is MASSIVELY over-the-top compared to all other countries.
It could be cut by 70% and still be the biggest military spend made by any country.

Defence policy needs to change from the 'failed World Police' model (thats what NATO/UN is for) to 'Local US Defence'.
Close ALL bases off the US mainland - most countries have their own defence budgets anyway.

If the elites want a NWO, let the Rothschilds pay for it. Better yet, just default on their debt.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

So be it but if you bleed the military industrial complex that will be the death knell of viable manufacturing in your country its about the last industry where you produce a superior product more advanced than your competitors.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Bernanke

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

reply to post by unityemissions

Yes, I am thinking though...they have a way to stop that last part you listed.
At least they will do everything in thier power to stop it, unless of course, that is part of the plan also.

It the people were to revolt, they will not hesitate to pull out all stops.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

But, Instead of manufacturing weapons, scale back, re-tool, and make 'Made in America' products.
Wouldn't it be nice to buy a locally made product? As opposed to .... say ... foreign junk, made with child-labour, that falls apart in 12 months (if not re-called due to toxins - lead,asenic,cadmium).

Afterall, before Free Trade (read - outsourcing for cheap labour & resources for larger corporate profits), very little would have been imported, and most everyone had jobs. This is why there is the big gap between rich, poor, and a disappearing middle class.

If 25-40% of the current military spend was re-directed to things like, updating/building infrastructure, education, nuclear/solar/wind/wave power plants, forestry/agriculture, border protection, housing etc (anything that actually was of benefit FOR the people..... in 5 years you would not recognise the place.

But then, theres no profit to be made helping people better themselves is there? (go capitalism! seems to be working for 1% of the population. maybe 99% aren't working hard enough)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethyrial Symphony

in OZ here too.

coming here slowly. our politicians are only just starting to learn of the finacial benefits of being morally and ethically corupt.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Seen this thread yet??? Lot's more going on than just Bernanke, this could be a mess of unbelievable proportions, huge, enormous, and the like, if these Banks get handed back these foreclosures, and the legal battles start....well, it won't be a comet that does us in, thats for sure...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Good idea. However, last time I looked our Military is one of the three seats of power.
In fact, the U.S. is the military seat of power. London, the financial seat, and The Vatican, Rome, the Religious Seat.

My personal opinion is that The Military Industrial Complex will remain in power, as the U.S. as a nation, we the people will be brought to our knees.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I agree you should divert money into manufacturing and agriculture,the reason you won world war two was self sufficiency you didn't rely on anyone for food or goods,the problem in the real world is that you would need protectionism to help reboot these concerns which would start a trade war with China Id hate to tell you what would happen if they dumped all their US dollars.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64

Seen this thread yet???

Actually I posted that very topic, I guess mine is in this forum, Global Meltdown. Major Banks halt foreclosures, over 56,000 of them. Like you say, its like a matchbox. There is no way the system can be sustained.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-10-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

anglodemonicmatrix - I am an Australian, in Australia.

I Would love to live in the US (anywhere near the rockies), but alas, I am nowhere near the Arizona border

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join