It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Affection is not an INVESTMENT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Why are we always expecting more from others when we don't even have enough for ourselves, why do we believe we are the best thing that ever happened to creation?
Are we naive or blind? or just simply ignorant?

Some have said love is the answer, but very few know what "love" is, or if it exists at all, or is just a bunch of chemical reactions in the brain produced by strange urges to have sexual gratification in bizarre ways. We "make love" with our fetishes most of time, with over complex concepts matured in the darkest recesses of our minds!

I'm sure most have asked themselves why is it so hard to maintain healthy resentment free relationships, and don't get me wrong, I'm not referring to sentimental , or emotional ones, I mean all human interaction, we are biased from the get go whenever we meet someone, sadly it has to be done, most would stab you in the back for the last crumbs in the box.

I have been living without any expectations, from anyone or anything, I'm freeing myself from my egotistical investor, its better to live in the now, and right now, I don't need anything but the things on me, if I expect something from "stuff" then I'm already putting something on the table, usually the house wins and we go home empty handed.
I'm tired of being tired, and tired of constantly getting let down by not only the government, church and family, but by myself.

Affection is not an investment, we have the ability to freely give, but in order to do that we must have something to give, if we are bitter, angry and resentful, we can only pour out so much.

strange times on planet earth indeed!
Do any feel otherwise? is there anything out there that still delivers?
I'd like to know...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

You are not alone in this feeling. In the end though, as Buddha Gautama said "You are your own salvation." meaning only you can find the cessation of suffering for yourself. No one will find it for you. I believe it is time for a "Revolution of our Consciousness", many people are in need of a new state of mind, of a new way of society. Our society is a direct reflection of our human consciousness, there is no one to blame but the human mind. Our mind is just as inherently bound to: anger, jealousy, lust, hate, depression... as it is to: love, compassion, free will, pleasure, happiness... suffering is ingrained deeply in our make-up. However there is a way out of this, it is called no-mind, or beyond-mind. A place, or rather state, of emptiness where only awareness is present. There you become the watcher, the observer, versus the subject, the observed. There you can see things for how they really are, and then choice becomes null and void, you see what leads to suffering and what does not, and then you just simply act. Meditation can help you find that state of emptiness.

Watch this:
Osho on the Buddha

Then watch this:

edit on 6-10-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
great reply, you are right about that, we hold the keys to our freedom or to the deepest dungeon, unfortunately, we need to be either in grave danger or in dire desperation to want to change.

We all want to be convinced to change, but we don't really want to change.
If you make ends meet, or barely, and have your basics covered, then why would you want change in your life? and if indeed one looks for change one tries to get "more out of life" meaning more "stuff", thus more stasis, a heavier anchor.

I also don't see how we can all try to be different without this firecracker going off, the universe will push us from the cliff, and either we adapt or we get lost into oblivion, as many have gone before us.
The path of the Buddha is nice, but it does not strive for total freedom, it gives in, in its renunciation, I'd rather not give in to anything, and walk the middle side of the road, Neither happy in happiness neither sad in sadness as Krishna supposedly says in the Baghavad Ghitta.

Have you heard of the Path of the warrior, and the ancient Toltec hermetic schools of knowledge?
It boggles me how that and the gnostics, and the tao, and the Shintoists almost seem to agree on that middle path of freedom, of being here and not, at the same time, it saved my life, as i was full being empty, until I gave myself the opportunity to acknowledge that something else must be going on other than this we call reality.

I'm a long way, but one must start somewhere, I also was forced by the universe to act, as I lost all I had, i wished it didn't have to be that way, on the other hand, feeling free cant be compared to anything else I owned...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

"Real affection is not an investment".....I will not have anyone steal my true affection as their investment! NO ONE can buy or sell anyone or anything that was never for sale in the first place......REMEMBER, REMEMBER ME.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
great reply, you are right about that, we hold the keys to our freedom or to the deepest dungeon, unfortunately, we need to be either in grave danger or in dire desperation to want to change.

We all want to be convinced to change, but we don't really want to change.
If you make ends meet, or barely, and have your basics covered, then why would you want change in your life? and if indeed one looks for change one tries to get "more out of life" meaning more "stuff", thus more stasis, a heavier anchor.

I agree 100%. This is something I often, everyday, think about.

I also don't see how we can all try to be different without this firecracker going off, the universe will push us from the cliff, and either we adapt or we get lost into oblivion, as many have gone before us.
The path of the Buddha is nice, but it does not strive for total freedom, it gives in, in its renunciation, I'd rather not give in to anything, and walk the middle side of the road, Neither happy in happiness neither sad in sadness as Krishna supposedly says in the Baghavad Ghitta.

If you study further you will find that the path Buddha spoke about does offer total freedom, in its truest form of the word. In fact, his teaching is called the "Dharma" which translates into "The middle path". He experimented all the extremes of asceticism and came to a realization that the path to liberation was "the middle way".

Have you heard of the Path of the warrior, and the ancient Toltec hermetic schools of knowledge?
It boggles me how that and the gnostics, and the tao, and the Shintoists almost seem to agree on that middle path of freedom, of being here and not, at the same time, it saved my life, as i was full being empty, until I gave myself the opportunity to acknowledge that something else must be going on other than this we call reality.

I'm a long way, but one must start somewhere, I also was forced by the universe to act, as I lost all I had, i wished it didn't have to be that way, on the other hand, feeling free cant be compared to anything else I owned...

I have not heard of the "Path of the warrior", but I agree it is amazing how these people seemed to find the same thing at almost the same time. I am glad you have begun to find your path, that is all that is truly important, no matter how or where you find it. I too lost everything I had which led me to search for something other than what I was taught to see, I think many of us who search for "the path" have this in common with each other. Now back to your first point, how can we help others who are so comfortable in their lives see this truth also so we may create a better society? Or are we better off letting life take its course? Hmmm.....

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Its the risk of loosing everything what stops most of us, I mean, life is hard, we exist in a predatory universe, its every energy signature for itself, we have to struggle to survive, "making it" is expensive, every new toy requires me to buy more batteries and adapters, I built a fort to shield me from others, since energy tends to reiterate itself fractaly into everything it appears, and we as human beings ARE just concentrated condensed energy, our thoughts must operate on the same concepts, then what I am IS what I've got, and loosing things is bad.
If we have this kind of mental mishap, to me it indicates that we've got things identified and symbolized ass backwards!

Nothing IS for sale in the first place, we already have something, we have ourselves and this mind body combo that is powerful beyond all measure.

I think we would have to change our belief system in order to truly comprehend that within ourselves and all around us, wonder and mystery exists beyond all measure, we would have to realize that being conscious is a gift from the universe and not something we take for granted, like (allow me the pun) if it was worth nothing but air.

I'll not stand idle and will try to shake wordspace once in a while, but I believe that if one tries to change things too drastically and fast, the gun might just backfire, they don't like that and neither THEY, I believe that covert ops work as well for us, as it works for them, we are on equal terms when it comes to implanting counter idealism, thing is that it requires tremendous amounts of energy to maintain the same pace in producing material to turn things around, but eventually, every once in a while someone infects another, as it has been for the entire age of man!

We can of course do nothing, and let the universe handle it on its own, but I consider myself and everyone a piece of the universe so, we move as we are moved I think!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Some have said love is the answer, but very few know what "love" is, or if it exists at all,

Very few know what love is? That is a sad commentary on humankind. I know love: it's in every breath I take upon wakening, it's in my heart when I look upon my children, it does exist. Most of the time it is right there in front of you for the taking but somehow our hearts find some way to reject it. And why is that? Maybe it doesn't measure up to our standard of being loved, somehow it's not enough because we remember all the ways our hearts have been broken in the past. When we forgive ourselves and love ourselves we can then truly love.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Yes, I agree with everything you've said. Even though many of the famous enlightened people came thousands of years ago and offered mankind a better road, a more stable path, I do not think our species was ready. However, I feel that time is getting close, I feel we are witnessing the beginning of that happening. As we move into this technological age, things may get worse and more people may become 'blinded', but also out of that will come a wave of people who have witnessed the ills of society and who finally have access to information never before attainable to people like them. I see this as ultimately a positive thing, as it will be them who bring forth to the masses new ideas of how society should be and where it should be headed. This current "Modern" age of society is nothing more than a revised, repackaged, and redistributed version of the Old World society. If we are to stabilize our species, then that must change, just as we have changed.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Love is a concept tied to the time it was understood in a certain way.
I agree, the power of the sun is the same power that makes my heart beat, that makes the galactic core pulse, we are all bonded in ways too complex to even try to comprehend, I know about energy, and about trying to be as energetically efficient as possible, but LOVE love what is that?

Its a sad day when we the time comes and we find out that who we loved, who we trusted, who we respected since childhood have been telling lies and half truths to hide the real truth, we are all going to implode, but we like it that way.

Hopefully love had the power to change people, to make addicts sober, to feed the starving children, to disclose the UFO phenomenon
, to unite humanity as a whole unique species, but its going to take destruction and chaos to change it, a threat of annihilation, or miracle emanations from the center of the galaxy to finally decide to do things a bit better!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

So true!

The unpalatable fact is that we are all on our own, from the minute we are born to the minute we die.

If, on our travel, we find true love, we are fortunate indeed. And I mean the unconditional love of animals, as well as the more conditional love of humans.

I think a lot of people stay with other people who may not love them, who may degrade them, because everyone is frightened of being alone.

It is better to be alone than with someone who is draining you, mentally or physically.

We have to stand alone, and to do that, we have to love ourselves and believe in ourselves.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
That is true, but why must we reach rock bottom to even dare to conceptualize change?
Why do we love our captors so much?
Why are we comfortable being half alive, and half aware?

Its really sad how we allow ourselves to be fooled by words alone, we invest in meaning, and meaningless things end up owning us, specially our acceptance of fear as a natural state of being.

We cant even value ourselves, we feed ourselves with filth, we believe in weightless ideals, we make believe.

We all uphold the spell in place, we are all evil wizards, we've chosen to bewitch ourselves into oblivion, its sad how we abhor each other to the point that we would rather die than be kind now days...

thanks for the comments everybody!

Do we agree on saving something for ourselves before we give everything away?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Yes, first you save yourself, then you save the world, as some song says.

I believe that we have to endure a tough time in order to learn.

We have hard lessons, but if we love and/or forgive people, and do not harbour hatred, I think it becomes easier.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
that's the thing, its easier to cope with others when we can finally cope with oneself, the key is inside, not outside, the answers seem to pour from within, we have been looking for answers where there are none, and still keep on doing it.

we had always held the keys, but no one knows what to really do with them, hopefully we can eventually "understand"

top topics

join