It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares War on the middle class

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I noticed that Obama and democrats in general seem to have a hidden agenda. When I hear their speeches and see their policies they vote on, to me it comes off like they really are out to destroy the middle class.

For example there is no more oil drilling allowed in the gulf, Obama passed a Moratorium on drilling. As if Katrina was not bad enough for the region now he has stripped americans of the right to work and in that region it is the number one employer of the middle class along the gulf coast region. In that sense it seems to me that he is hell bent on targeting his rage at the middle class by taking away their jobs.

On the same note I notice he is not going to give tax breaks to the rich. This means the rich and people who own companies are going to need to cut corners which translates to firing every day real americans who work hard for a living to provide for their families. Maybe its beyond me to understand how the democrats can live with themselves knowing they are raping children of their future by taking away any chance of them being able to go to a good school since their parents are going to be left broke and destitute. Since Obama came into office I noticed a statistic that sais the number of homeless Americans has risen more then it was before! From what I see this is due to obama wiping out entire families and starving them of their income to the point where the middle class cant even afford to feed or clothe their families anymore. If you look at the goodwill site their revenue has increased due to middle class families being destroyed by the democrats and turning the american dream into an american nightmare.

The statistics show all those things about the homeless rising and goodwills profits rising are a fact. Then I watch the people who speak truth to power like Glenn Beck who has the courage to stand up to the system and tell things like they really are. Visionaires like him are only trying to espouse the dirty truth about how America is being turned into a wasteland of tortured lives for the people living here because the democrats sole reason for existence is to tear apart the american family by destroying our way of life. Speaking as a christian I have to say that I dont agree with the current policy of destroying the middle class. Maybe I speak for just myself but I dont see how taking away a childs hopes and dreams can make the world a better place. I guess I am just old fashioned and I know alot of people look down on that but in the upcoming elections I only hope that people cast a vote for freedom by supporting republicans on the ticket and doing their part as real americans.
edit on 6-10-2010 by tigpoppa because: IM AWESOME! I write to myself on my facebook wall!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There's a retaliatory strike scheduled for November 2nd. The first of many.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I touched on some of these issues here...

The pain of the middle classes

If you can be bothered, have a read, it explains my feelings on some parts of this thread. I dont wish to hijack your thread so i shall say no more.

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
I touched on some of these issues here...

The pain of the middle classes

If you can be bothered, have a read, it explains my feelings on some parts of this thread. I dont wish to hijack your thread so i shall say no more.

Peace

Thanks for the link! Its a great read and also expands upon what I was thinking. Sometimes I think I am the only one that sees things that way and that I muse be some kind of nut for believing in the American Dream. High Five to you for showing me that I am not alone and other patriots are duing their duty as real americans to speak out about the issues like fox news does constantly going against the grain to bring the ugly truth of the reality of our government to life. Being a christian I grapple with how letting one man Destroy the country that our soldiers fight for is a good thing. I enjoyed reading your post and you make alot of valid points about how america is simply becoming a place where dreams come to die. Even in schools from a young age children are left without the teachings of the bible to wander aimlessly through life self destructing and ruining the lives of people around them by not knowing the real truth.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

if you stop and thought about every action they have ever done is trying to destroy the middle class

raising taxes on the rich destroys jobs
unionization destroys jobs
regulations destroys jobs

destroy wealth redistribute wealth are the same things...

and they continually try to add more and more to the backs of people sooner or later this will have its intended effect

people need to wake up to what they are doing i dont see how they can all be so blind.....

money leaves this country every day
jobs leave this country every day

now think and tell me why that is? is it really just the greed of those corporations or is it the greed of the leftists in america.......
you living on the government dime enslaved to them and a future no better than any other day of the past........

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Thanks... although i think that maybe you didn’t read my link all the way.

My opinion differs from yours somewhat... But that’s cool... thanks for a polite reply

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This thread is a total FAIL.

The concept in the OP is a rehash of the old 'trickle down economics' that has proven to be a total failure and the pursuit of which over the last 30 or 40 years has brought the economy to its knees. We don't need more of that.

The simple undeniable fact is that the two most important factors that provided for the growth of the middle class in America was Unionism and the Public Education System.

The decline in the middle class in America over the last few decades can be exactly correlated to the decline in Unionism and the destruction of the Public Education System.

Now ask yourself:

Who exactly is at war with the Public Education System?
Who exactly is at war with the Unions?

Lots of people are screaming that America needs to return to what made America great. What made America great was its strong middle class. Destroying the foundations of the middle class is not going to return America to what made it great. Education and resistance to exploitation will.

A few grabs from The Corporate Race to the Bottom and the Blindspots of Power Elite Liberalism

In upstate New York, a bitter strike between Mott’s Apple Juice and its production workers has become the latest battle against the “race to the bottom,” the process of undercutting labor market standards that has plagued American labor for the last three decades...Dr. Pepper Snapple makes no pretense that their bargaining stance is based on economic necessity, on hard times for the company. Corporate sales in 2009 totaled $5.5 billion, with a rather handsome net profit of $555 million. Rather, Dr. Pepper Snapple is demanding concessions simply because it can.

...In his book The Big Squeeze: Tough Times for American Labor, Steve Greenhouse notes that between 1979 and 2007, the real hourly earnings of private sector workers, who make up 80 percent of the American workforce, rose just 1 percent. Over the same time period, the productivity of those same workers rose a remarkable 60 percent. If the wages of the American worker had kept pace with his increased productivity, the average full-time worker would have been earning an average of $58,000 by 2007. Instead, the average wage was $36,000.

The productivity gains, which never found their way into worker salaries, have been pocketed by the American corporate elite: in 1978, the average CEO salary was thirty-five times greater than the average worker salary; in 2007, the average CEO salary had mushroomed to 344 times greater than the average worker salary. [Executive Excess Reports]. “There’s class warfare, all right,” billionaire investor Warren Buffet said in an unguarded moment, “but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making the war, and we’re winning.”

Tell me again how 'the wealthy are going to have to cut corners'.

Shilling for robber barons and disguising it as support for the middle class is an ugly, ugly look.

edit on 6/10/2010 by rnaa because: added link

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
Now ask yourself:

Lots of people are screaming that America needs to return to what made America great. What made America great was its strong middle class. Destroying the foundations of the middle class is not going to return America to what made it great. Education and resistance to exploitation will.

Shilling for robber barons and disguising it as support for the middle class is an ugly, ugly look.

Great information there and I think alot of our problems come from how Obama and the rest of the Spendocrats have systematically dismantled our public education system. Not to mention the fact that in our public education system we still teach fantasy and not the teachings of our founding fathers about creationism. Noone of the founding fathers believed in seperation of church and state and all of them were thought provoking christians who were leaders in their time both for their religious beliefs and their political Ideology. Seems in our schools we have forgotten about our rich heritage as a free people and do not teach the bible to enlighten our youth to the reality of being a true american and a patriot who believes in freedom.

I do agree that unions crippled our country. These money hungry criminal organizations did nothing but use the middle class as a tool to make those crime lords rich. hence why they are all in jail for being lowlife scum who tried to ruin the lives of the everyday american who just wants to be free.

Looking at the economics of our times and how the economy works it seems that the democrats have one interest and that is to get rich and protect themselves by enslaving the people who make up the heart of America with our traditions and values as republicans. These elitists are looking to find new ways to brainwash the public everyday and under Obama the pentagons cyberarmy has grown to include 1000 trained hackers whose soul goal is to monitor everything electronic posted by americans in email or on forums. Its just a sign of things to come if we leave a democrat in office, it may not end until they can put a cop in everyones house to police how you live your life or what you eat. one of obamas plans is to call every family everyday and find out what vegetables and how much of those vegetables they eat. Obviously the reason is to find out which plants to target for sterilization to continue the NWOS worldwide plan of population reduction.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Its simple..there are only service jobs in America now. middle class is all about six people living in a 2 bedroom home or more likely, apartment including older children, grandparents and barely keeping food on the table. That is the new America. Unless you have AT LEAST a bachelors (sorry to all you liberal arts students) you are in for a rough ride. Don't worry, you can join the military though, at least they will pay for you're burial.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree with the notion that our founding fathers did not believe in separation of church and state! At the time that our FF were writing the founding documents there where over a thousand different forms of Christianity (or Protestant...cant find the link) within the new colonies. Our FF knew that there was no way to govern faith, and therefore had to seperate the dealing of government and religion.

In fact, I do not think that any faith was specifically mentioned in the founding documents. Only the word "God". What God? Yours or mine?

I also disagree that the Democrats are to blame for our troubles. Honestly, both parties are only game pieces that must be moved around to complete the illusion that a game is being played. Both parties have a role to play that is set out by people more powerful than they are. Unfortunately, I believe you are only regurgitating Republican, not Conservative, mantra. No better than a Democrat puppet.

It has been proven that trickle-down has not worked. Before Reagan left office he had accumulated a massive budget deficit link. Even when the Republicans were in control of the house and senate, the deficit was high as well as spending. So I do not think that Republicans can claim to hold any real answer to that solution, which I think will be found somewhere in the middle.

edit on 6-10-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: spellin's

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Its simple..there are only service jobs in America now. middle class is all about six people living in a 2 bedroom home or more likely, apartment including older children, grandparents and barely keeping food on the table. That is the new America. Unless you have AT LEAST a bachelors (sorry to all you liberal arts students) you are in for a rough ride. Don't worry, you can join the military though, at least they will pay for you're burial.

Couldnt agree more to many college graduates are focused on oddball majors.
A friend of mine just got a degree in Post modern Political thought. WTF kind of job can he get with that? Well right now he is a server and I think he always will be with that BS degree. Not only that but he hasnt accepted Jesus into his heart which is probably why he threw his life away on that degree since he has no goals or aspirations in life since he doesnt have God in his life.

Each day I enjoy a nice cup of coffee while watching counterculture revolutionairies like Glenn Beck break it down for the real americans out there to see how the democrats have single handedly dismantled the constitution and circumvented our rights by invading all of our emails and every forum post thanks to Obamas new Cyper stalker army that have no other purpose then to disrupt life for everyday people here in the land of the free and all over the world.

All of our founding fathers believed in the one true god, they were all christians you can wika that to find out the truth about them. Just like our founding fathers who established the freedom of religion so we could practice our christian faith, it seems muslims want to use it for sharia law and these types of people are not given any freedoms in our constitution and nowhere does it say they have any rights as human beings as the supreme court decided with our religious fanatic camp at Guantanamo established by President Bush to detain these offenders who seek to destroy our traditions and ideals with their anti american ideology. Even the supreme court affirmed the decisions to detain them all for going against our way of life because their "EVIL".
edit on 6-10-2010 by tigpoppa because: I ROCK LIKE A CLOCK WHEN I TICK AND I TOCK!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
This thread is a total FAIL.

The concept in the OP is a rehash of the old 'trickle down economics' that has proven to be a total failure and the pursuit of which over the last 30 or 40 years has brought the economy to its knees. We don't need more of that.

The simple undeniable fact is that the two most important factors that provided for the growth of the middle class in America was Unionism and the Public Education System.

The decline in the middle class in America over the last few decades can be exactly correlated to the decline in Unionism and the destruction of the Public Education System.

Now ask yourself:

A few grabs from The Corporate Race to the Bottom and the Blindspots of Power Elite Liberalism

In upstate New York, a bitter strike between Mott’s Apple Juice and its production workers has become the latest battle against the “race to the bottom,” the process of undercutting labor market standards that has plagued American labor for the last three decades...Dr. Pepper Snapple makes no pretense that their bargaining stance is based on economic necessity, on hard times for the company. Corporate sales in 2009 totaled $5.5 billion, with a rather handsome net profit of $555 million. Rather, Dr. Pepper Snapple is demanding concessions simply because it can.

...In his book The Big Squeeze: Tough Times for American Labor, Steve Greenhouse notes that between 1979 and 2007, the real hourly earnings of private sector workers, who make up 80 percent of the American workforce, rose just 1 percent. Over the same time period, the productivity of those same workers rose a remarkable 60 percent. If the wages of the American worker had kept pace with his increased productivity, the average full-time worker would have been earning an average of $58,000 by 2007. Instead, the average wage was $36,000.

The productivity gains, which never found their way into worker salaries, have been pocketed by the American corporate elite: in 1978, the average CEO salary was thirty-five times greater than the average worker salary; in 2007, the average CEO salary had mushroomed to 344 times greater than the average worker salary. [Executive Excess Reports]. “There’s class warfare, all right,” billionaire investor Warren Buffet said in an unguarded moment, “but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making the war, and we’re winning.”

edit on 6/10/2010 by rnaa because: added link

what do you mean Efail???

This countries debt went down with Reagan

Look at all the new millionaire people before Clinton invaded Iraq and Obama tank the economies!!!

The oily shimps that the rich fishermen in the gulf fishing can be rinsed off, Obama did this to be mean to the middle classes, the middle classes all make the oils! Now they are poor!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

So the oil spill was designed to be mean to the middle class? Did I read that wrong? I believe that there may have been some shenanigans around the BP ordeal, but to claim Obama did it to effect the middle class will require some evidence to back it up.

edit on 6-10-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: spelling and change sentence

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Janky Red

So the oil spill was designed to be mean to the middle class? Did I read that wrong? I believe that there may have been some shenanigans around the BP ordeal, but to claim Obama did it to effect the middle class will require some evidence to back it up.

edit on 6-10-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: spelling and change sentence

Its a well known fact that Obama used a rocket to take out the refinery. Just like how the democratic governor of Louisiana bombed the levies. What more proof do you need or as Groucho Marx said "who you gonna believe me or your lying eyes?"

Reagan was a savior in the american government hence why he is hailed all over the world of one of the greatest thinkers of the modern age who not only won the war against communism but also had the courage to stand up to the soviets who are a bunch of communists who hate god. He did all this and he also brought down the berlin wall. That is one heck of a resume, not to mention that he single handedly created more wealth then any president in american history.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Believe me, I am all about a good conspiracy, but I thought the Koreans or China took out the oil rig. link So I don't need more proof, I need proof to begin with.

As far as Reagen, please refer to my above posted link to see the economic data. He was a great speaker and brought many people together, but that in no way proves that his policies were best for the USA. In fact, Obama brought many people together. Should we expect the same from him?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Believe me, I am all about a good conspiracy, but I thought the Koreans or China took out the oil rig. link So I don't need more proof, I need proof to begin with.

As far as Reagen, please refer to my above posted link to see the economic data. He was a great speaker and brought many people together, but that in no way proves that his policies were best for the USA. In fact, Obama brought many people together. Should we expect the same from him?

Thanks to brilliant luniairies like Reagan we still have the constitution and he didnt let the communists smash our way of life or our documents that establish us as the most free country on earth. Well we were until Bill Clinton became president and now with Obama it means our freedoms are at an end. Obama didnt bring people together he drove a decisive wedge into the heartland of america, separating real americans and patriots from his kind. I may be just a plain old main street american but I believe in freedom unlike liberals.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That is a great text book example of taking what I wrote and turning it totally upside down.

It isn't Obama that wreaking the education system, its the right-wing robber-baron conserva-libertario-fascists pulling money out of the education system, destroying its funding base, and slandering its educators.

The unions aren't destroying the middle class, they built the middle class; and the campaign to destroy the unions is specifically a campaign to destroy the middle class.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

My request still stands. Where is the proof, other than Republican bloggers, that Obama shot a missile at the BP oil rig?

Do you realize that if you read the constitution, the income tax is unconstitutional? Keep in mind that the 16th amendment is garbage and should be abolished. If Reagan was such a constitutional man, why didn't he do so?

If you believe in freedom then you think the Ground zero mosque should be built/allowed, right?

You believe commies and socialists have the right to protest and march for their beliefs right?

You believe that the war in the middle east is completely anti-freedom?

Be very careful what you say...........

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

My request still stands. Where is the proof, other than Republican bloggers, that Obama shot a missile at the BP oil rig?

Do you realize that if you read the constitution, the income tax is unconstitutional? Keep in mind that the 16th amendment is garbage and should be abolished. If Reagan was such a constitutional man, why didn't he do so?

If you believe in freedom then you think the Ground zero mosque should be built/allowed, right?

You believe commies and socialists have the right to protest and march for their beliefs right?

You believe that the war in the middle east is completely anti-freedom?

Be very careful what you say...........

Thats alot of questions but I tell you what speaking as a real american I believe in freedom and the right to be a christian even though obama and the spendocrats want to destroy that american way of life. Our society thanks to generations of brain washing since FDR has become accustomed to people who tolerate anti american rallies and hate speech against our way of life like the people you mentioned who appreciate capitialistic ideals. I mean lets be honest here those other groups hate america and everything it stands for. Good thing we have those camps that Bush set up for political reeducation. I just wonder how long we have to wait until we can free their minds from the cage they ahve been brainwashed since birth to believe in. Those people who waste all their time marching around using hate speech to kill our children are the same people that never even saw the show Jersey shore. What i am saying is that they are so out of touch they dont even know what a real american is anymore.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I mean this in a humorous way....but good lord man! You sound like a political ad for the next Republican president!

Freedom is about letting everyone, I stress EVERYONE practice their own religion and political ideology. To claim they kill babies and they shouldn't be able to express dissenting opinion is not freedom.

Jersey Shore is a tv show or movie. It has no relevance to our discussion.

Could you please tell me what America really is? I will comment from there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join