It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Police Seize 22 Tons Of Explosives From Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
I am confused

What do you mean? What are they going to do with the confiscated explosives? With 100% certainty, protocol is to wire it and blow it. If that is whats going to happen, who knows? I am confused as to what it matters what the US does with confiscated explosives..

sorry for the confusion
what I was really trying to get at was
a few tests of this material could determine
it's true origin, not what is written on a bill of laden.
But I highly doubt these tests will be done
or maybe fudged like the test on the NK torpedo
to suit an agenda.

But, Boon, I know where you stand on all issues America.. You probably have us blowing up school children with it. Or giving it to Israel so they can blow up a "peacfull" HAHAHAHA flotilla.

lol, dude
I am NOT anti-American
however, I am totally anti-CIA.
And there are not many shipments
of arms of this size that the CIA, MOSSAD
or FSB does not have their hands in.
And since when did Iran get into the
illegal arms business when they themselves
rely on China and Russia for their stash?

All joking aside... Didn't it say the Afghans Confiscated it? Where did we come into play? other than assumptions and opinions?

What you may not understand is how
porous the Afghan/Iran border is.
If somebody wanted something
of this importance to get through,
you would never see it in a customs office
with a bill of laden on it. more especially
with a point of origin on it.

Motto of the CIA
"NOTHING is ever as it appears to be"

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

As far as the BOL go... Maybe I assuming to much.. but they didn't think that this would be found.. I'll bet that allot of info will be derived from the inspection of the BOL and tracking its path..

Your theory of tracing the explosives would be great, except.. Your implying that this might have been a set up by one of the alphabet agencies.. If this is true (and it very well could be) .. I am sure that the mix or orgin would be fabricated to fit the attended target... get what i am saying?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
to suit an agenda.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I am totally anti-CIA

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by boondock-saint

As far as the BOL go... Maybe I assuming to much.. but they didn't think that this would be found.. I'll bet that allot of info will be derived from the inspection of the BOL and tracking its path..

Your theory of tracing the explosives would be great, except.. Your implying that this might have been a set up by one of the alphabet agencies.. If this is true (and it very well could be) .. I am sure that the mix or orgin would be fabricated to fit the attended target... get what i am saying?

EXACTLY !!!
Now you're getting what True American
and myself are saying.

Here's a prime example:
Drug shipments from Latin America
shipped to the US .... do they have a BOL?
do they go through customs?
me thinks not

This shipment through customs was
intentional and the CIA are prime suspects.
Resources, Motive and Opportunity
are only shared by a few entities.
But Iran is not stupid enough to hang
a sign around it's neck saying
"I did it !!! by attaching a BOL.
I believe this to be a set-up
just like those cue-cards
Colin Powell used at the UN
to show Iraq's WMD's.
Same principle,
different application

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
im going to disagree here in regards to the bol......

easiest way to hide something is in plain site.....

like you said tho test the explosive ever explosive ever made has a unique signature.......

i dont buy in the cia/mossad setup for the simple fact those people know what you people are already thinking..

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It`s nice they feel so free to make these shipments and great they get caught. Now once caught would it not be better for almost everyone to rig the shipment items to blow when tampered with.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i dont buy in the cia/mossad setup for the simple fact those people know what you people are already thinking..

it worked for a lil while
on 9/11 also.
look how much that has changed
in 9 yrs.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Are you implying that it would be "great" if our troops were blown up checking the load? If that is the case, may you develope face and arse cancer simultaniously!!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Not at all. That`s what the " Now once caught " part was there for. We would rig the package once caught. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
if there was an enemy country that had invaded my neighbour and were getting quite hostile towards my country i think I'd be sending explosives to there opponents two. i think any state with sense would. hell America/ UK did it with the Russians and afghanistan is no were near the u.s or UK.
edit on 6-10-2010 by danielhanson420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

spin this anyway we'd like huh?

Like fox normally does....?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Iran supplying truck loads of explosives to Taliban? What a loda bolloks!

This is the same iran that has been fighting taliban and wahabi/sunni millitants before US even thought about stepping into Afghanistan.Iran funded and supported Shia forces and leaders i.e General dostum, Abdullah Abdullah and the Shia crew is known as the Northern Alliance.And NA has always worked very closely with US forces to deal with taliban.Its also safe to say without NA's support and ground intelligence it was literally impossible for US to set foot in afghanistan.

Definetly propaganda to drum up support for an iranian invasion.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree with you Neo.
I like it when people back up their bark and I do echo your praise for those fighting for their country.

Regarding the explosives, any news involving Iran needs to be heavily scrutinized, because this whole situation is so obfuscated to the point where the real motives are unclear. The reason I advocate caution is very simple: The alleged WMDs in Iraq are a fairytale. As such, a lot of soldiers died for the wrong reasons.

Iran is a hot topic and can spiral out of control very quickly. The Media has already created such a background tale to Iran that the population only needs one additional kick and it's all out war. This latest incident is just another picture on the 'show and tell poster'.

Lastly, the government has lost my trust and as such I refuse to follow their (or should I say Israels?) lead to start hostilities with Iran when nothing threatening is conclusively proven.

The sorry state of the economy is a bigger threat than Iran.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

How exactly do you recommend they air drop it?? With a catapult? Or a really big water balloon sling shot? Iran is a little off their rocker... But they are not going to fly into NATO controlled airspace! Period!

Wake up dude, the UN is not in total control of Afghanistan air space. In fact Karzia has been in "secret" negotiations with the Taliban for a cease fire. The Taliban control large areas of the remoter parts of Afghanistan, in spite of 9 years of US led warfare. How do you conduct an airdrop? With a damn plane, duh. Fly low and you're off the radar.

But pack mules have been the primary means the Taliban have moved arms, same as they did back in the Soviet invasion. Worked then, still works now.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I am sorry that I doubted your knowledge on the subject. You seem to know much more than I do about how Iran gets weapons and explosives accross the border.
I had this dilusion that we would be monitoring the radars and would notice an aircraft that can transport a 22 ton container dangling below a helo. I am not claiming to know what the truth is. I simply do not think it would be responsible to automaticlly rule out the possibility, that it is exactly what it looks like.

Who knows these days. Everyone of our Govt. lies to us. One well placed news story on the major MSM... This fragile society we rely on is going to implode. IMHO

Iran is not this shrugging shy kid that does no wrong.. This very well could be Iran supplying the enemies of America. At this point, I think we will see different groups banding together against a common enemy. I am sure that you realize how important the out come of the Afghan war is to Iran. To automaticly rule out Iranian involvment would be silly.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I can tell from some of the replies that I have missed the usual "It's a falls flag/Propaganda" crowds normal knee jerk reactions. I'm sure there was also the normal anti US rhetoric thrown in for good measure.

OP Great find.

S & F

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Did anyone in the UK watch the second episode of "Secret Iraq" on at 9 on BBC 2 last night? It's a brilliant documentary but I was shocked at some of the things that were allowed onto it, especially in relation to information relevant to this thread. Here's the BBC iPlayer link to the episode:

Secret Iraq (2/2) BBC iPlayer Link

It showed a video of an SAS assault (named as Coalition Special Forces) on Qais Khazali’s (insurgent head-honcho) home. They then showed documents found in the home detailing money transactions from Tehran in the range of $750,000-$3,000,000 monthly.

Then a man who had interviewed Khazali following to his capture, saying that he had asked him words to the effect of “could you have operated without Iran?” and Khazali responded by throwing his hands up in the air and laughing at the interrogator; that’s a “no” then.

It is a fantastic documentary. I would recommend watching both episodes but obviously this one is more relevant to the thread.

Disappointingly, perhaps the most significant result of that operation was not mentioned. Clearly, full disclosure of the Iranian problem must wait a while. In Khazali’s home was a very experienced, ex-senior Hezbollah operative named Ali Mussa Daqduq. He had pretended to be deaf and dumb for three weeks before cracking. He revealed that he had travelled from Lebanon to Tehran in May 2006 to be briefed by the deputy-head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Quds Force.

His job was to organize and train various insurgent splinter-groups. They would receive training in asymmetric warfare techniques (namely the use of IEDs) and he would set up ratlines from Tehran to supply them with the equipment and funding that they needed. He returned to Iraq four times to do this and he is just one of the many insurgency management consultants hired by Iran to screw us over.
edit on 7/10/10 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
He returned to Iraq four times to do this and he is just one of the many insurgency management consultants hired by Iran to screw us over.

Hmm, so why don't we hear about all the CIA "management consultants" in Iran? Or in (insert name of nearly every country here)?

It's just simple blowback. Yup. Why is it that when the CIA does it it's cool, but when countries retaliate with their own brand of subversion it's time for war?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Hmm, so why don't we hear about all the CIA "management consultants" in Iran? Or in (insert name of nearly every country here)?

Because the CIA is a clandestine organisation; not only do they not want their activities attributed to them but they would prefer that their activities are not noticed at all, and they have the funding and quality of personnel necessary to achieve this.

I will make a point of saying that they are not the all-powerful Big Brother agency that some people on these boards would have you believe, they're only human, they mess up and they have flaws in abundance, the most well documented of which is an arrogance that is often detrimental to what they are trying to achieve.

Also, 99% of the time they work towards the exact same goals as the overt military presence and do not have some shady, hidden agenda of their own. They are just a knife wielded by other hands.

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Why is it that when the CIA does it it's cool, but when countries retaliate with their own brand of subversion it's time for war?

It's constant tit-for-tat, it's never "cool" but it's never "un-cool", it's just a game of chess. As I said before, Iran has been doing this for many years and it has not been used as an excuse for war thus far. In fact the opposite is true, up until very recently their involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan has, if anything, been covered up.
edit on 8/10/10 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/10/10 by Soshh because: typo

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I would think that Iran would benefit from the Taliban being over run.

Are you being sarcastic?

Are you aware that the US almost has Iran completely surrounded?

Originally posted by Doujutsu
Definetly propaganda to drum up support for an iranian invasion.

Sure sounds like it.

edit on 8/10/10 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join