It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal activity caught on security camera.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

The camera was inspected, and so were many other things included the lights... basically all equipment were checked, there was nothing found to indicate such thing or any problem with them. As I mentioned this a goverment run operation, it is not a random person creating a hoax. The security cameras themself cannot be tampered. Even the employees do not have an interest in creating such materials, and even more using resources at work for such purposes.
edit on 5-10-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

"Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much" (to paraphrase Shakespeare).

I never said anything about a hoax. I said I thought you had an insect on the lens.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'd like to know what government installation is this? it looks like some sort of a rail in there, has this happened before? any strange occurrences in the area? crimes? suicides?

It looks odd enough, but more data needs to be analyzed!

or the original leaked!...

edit on 6-10-2010 by TheOneEyedProphet because: original leaked

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Its a pretroleum company formed by a joint between two nations (not including U.S., Canada, or UK). The facility is located on a shore somewhere in Europe, and the security camera is showing footage of the perimeter wall. The facility itself was completed about 2 years ago, and about 2km away from the closest town. There have been no incidents at this site previously.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Its really sad that this gets completely overlooked by the fake crowd, one cannot really come to a certain conclusion just by watching that video, its inconclusive either way, but I'm willing to give the possibility of the strange a chance!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace
reply to post by abe froman

Btw those people are not capable of video editing on such high levels, i dont know how to prove it other than analyzing details and behaviour of the shadow...

And teenage girls are not capable of altering photos to create hoaxed fairies but they did it well enough to fool Sir Arthur Conan Doyle author of Sherlock Holmes who made the very same assumption as you just have. His assumption was a failure in logic.

Some questions ...

1. Why was the audio muted?
2. Why is the location a secret?
3. What type of hardware and softwares is it? What settings does the hardware and softwares have?

It's a camera running through a network into a piece of software. The frame rate is already poor. If the lighting conditions suddenly changed you wouldn't know about it for almost half a second to a second later resulting in the choppy movement. From what I gathered you are not familiar with the location or its lighting plan and thus are unable to comment.

Secondly, look at 1:36ish time code on the youtube video ... The GUI actually changes colour. This could be anything from someone playing with the monitor settings to the settings within the softwares. I think your relative is perhaps playing a joke on you or some such?

It's a piece of footage of a piece of footage from a relative who got it from ... ??? I don't think this information or video is compelling.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

You are right, just by the video we cannot tell what is happening because we do not have the knowledge to explain this phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

If you read above, you would find out that the video is muted to protect the identity of the people who are filming it.
I will also not reveal information about where it is filmed for the same reason. But I can tell you that I am very familiar with the area, and I have complete knowledge of the system there, Im just not mentioning anything because it is under investigation, and it would put the people filming it in danger. This is a very sensitive case, so please try to understand, and it is not in an English speaking country, therefore I can understand many of your doubts, because society there is much different than it is in the US or Canada.

Regarding the gui changes at the end, it is for the purpose of telling whether it was an glitch with the camera. This was done through the options of the security cam.

edit.

Btw your assumption that my relative is playing a joke is incorrect, that is not the case. As I said above this is from another country where creating such videos is first of all unimaginable, also they cannot use their resources for such purposes... its something most of you cannot understand because it has to do with social differences between two cultures.
edit on 7-10-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace
But I can tell you that I am very familiar with the area, and I have complete knowledge of the system there, Im just not mentioning anything because it is under investigation, and it would put the people filming it in danger.

Without details about camera and softwares I doubt many people will want to help.

This is a very sensitive case, so please try to understand, and it is not in an English speaking country, therefore I can understand many of your doubts, because society there is much different than it is in the US or Canada.

I'm not from the US or Canada. Born in Europe - same as you it seems.

Regarding the gui changes at the end, it is for the purpose of telling whether it was an glitch with the camera. This was done through the options of the security cam.

Which options? What did they mathematically do? Why did some of the options change the whole GUI and not others? What did it tell you? You really should have presented this information sooner I think. Other persons had observed the colours and believed them to be an anomaly.

As I said above this is from another country where creating such videos is first of all unimaginable, also they cannot use their resources for such purposes... its something most of you cannot understand because it has to do with social differences between two cultures.

I've been around a bit. Jokers are lots of places. Based on the information presented I doubt folks can really help you.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I do not understand why you are seeing this as a fake. I doubt you can come up with an reasonable explanation for all of this, because I sure cannot. Regarding the GUI I do not know why they thought so, but it does not matter... Do not exploit such details because they are of no importance...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

Dome Camera with an insect on it. I work in the industry, and most of the cameras we use dont include auto focus. Being a ramp like that it was likely that whoever set it up just set the focus for teh obvious distance of seeing cars come and go.

An insect flying on to the dome would appear as nothing more then a blob like you see there. Add to that that the DVR's dont exactly record at 60 images per second. Many setups have a total number of images per second that can be handled and split amongst every feed. That would cause the jerkiness. A car that dosnt travel quickly might look somewhat smooth, but a very quick moving out of focus insect could appear to skip.

A few years back we had an installation with Cameras equiped with IR LED's to light up the area discreetly. The first weekend after the install we checked back in on it and saw Balls of light flying in random patterns away from the cam. After we all sat and stared at the images a few times, we went back and took a look. There was a vent behind the cam installed in the ceiling. What we saw was just the odd dust partical large enough to pick up the IR from the LED's and appear to be an out of focus light blob on cam.

My point is we see this stuff all the time. A security guard sitting at a desk viewing this stuff might not have a clue what its all about and decide to report on it. But as a tech in the field who trouble shoots this stuff, Bug, Dome, Focus. And to explain the shadow disappearing and reappearing... its just a bug flying off for a second and landing again.
edit on 13-10-2010 by monke675 because: I know, old post... dont ask how I stumbled on to it

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by monke675

Excellent post! I've been trying to explain much the same thing...a bug on the dome. It's a common sight for CCTV techies.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by monke675

Thank you. You explanation seems to be the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join