It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise Against!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
One of my favorite bands of all time. Rise Against's lyrics are some of the most thought-provoking, and speak of truth and real world issues unlike a lot of mainstream music. Was just wondering if anyone here shares the same love for RA's music.
If so, tell me your favorite songs and/or lyrics. I love just about everything they have but some favorite songs of mine and lyrics are below and in my signature.

A new Rise Against DVD entitled "Another Station: Another Mile" was released today, just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm picking it up later tonight.
The trailer:

If you've never heard of this band, you probably live underground, or rock music isn't your thing.
But I highly recommend a listen.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I see your thread is a few months old, and no one in the music forum replied????? UNBELIEVABLE!! Rise Against rocks HARD! I just love the punk/rock genre.. their (Rise Against) percussion is outstanding (my favorite) awesome strings.. just love them... lyrics, so true.. I love a band who displays knowledge, humankindess, earthlyness, and shall i say anti-governmentness!!! by the way, ive seen them 2x in concert.. i live in colorado and both concerts were at "Red Rocks".. the BEST place to see a show!!! if your not familiar with red rocks, look it up!!! Their drummer, Brandon, is from Morrison, Colorado which is about 2 minutes from red rocks.. I had the pleasure of meeting his aunt at 1 show and proceedingly, him... was awesome!!! they are currently in Fort Collins Colorado recording.. next release is expected shortly after the new year... but hopefully b4 Christmas.. cant wait to hear what they recorded!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
On the release of "The Unraveling".. i fell in love with their music.. allthough the whole CD rocks... my favorite is "Great Awakening"..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Revolutions Per Minute rocks as well.. my favorite "Blood red, white & blue" but a close 2nd is "Black Masks & Gasoline"..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Siren Song of the Counter Culture..WOW... where 2 start??? My fav.. " Rumors of my Demise have been greatly exaggerated.. then my #2 fav.. is ALL the rest!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The Sufferer & the Witness... excellent CD... my fav, hmm. after thinkin for a while not sure i have 1.. a toss up btween "Bricks".... "Drones"..."Under the Knife"..."Behind closed Doors"..."The Good Left Undone"..."Survive".. and "Roadside" (cool little slow song)...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Appeal to Reason.. yet another outstanding release!!! my fav..."Whereabouts Unknown".. this cut simply ROCKS!!! make my adrenaline rush!! Love to hear it while im snowboarding down some super steep slope with a cliff or 2, covered in 2 feet of fresh powder!!! better than sex i must admit..and again this whole CD is awesome!! as i said b4.. so true, earthy, etc...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
As for my favorite song.. thats a toughy... A toss up btween " Rumors of My demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated"... or "Whereabouts Unknown".. Although all their songs kick butt!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
My favorite realease... undoubtedly... "Siren Song Of the Counter Culture"..ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS !!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
When i hear any tunes from their next release ill let ya know what i think...sooner the better... cant wait for it!!!

new topics

top topics

join