It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Explodes Outside Shopping Centre

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Bomb Explodes Outside Shopping Centre

news.sky.com

Dissident republicans have been blamed for a car bomb attack in Northern Ireland that caused substantial damage to a shopping centre.

No-one was injured in the blast in Culmore Road, Londonderry, but several business properties have been damaged.

The bomb, left in a Vauxhall Corsa, went off an hour after a telephone warning by the terrorists.

The Ulster Bank and nearby Da Vinci's hotel and restaurant complex have been worst hit.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk

CX

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well as promised, a bank has been targeted in a car bomb attack by terrorists in N. Ireland.

I feel for the people of N. Ireland right now, no-one apart from a few idiots wants a return to the violence of the past.

In the current climate of alleged terror threats from other groups around the world, the terrorists that are responsible for this bomb are unlikely to get the romantic support that they used to.

People have had more than enough.

I wonder what affect this will have on security in and around mainland banks?

At least they had the decency to give a warning so people could be evacuated.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I think we're going to see so much more of this, this new group of dissidents are growing in confidence and this is something we dont want. These smaller attacks are bound to get worse, which is a worry when you think that the christmas shopping turmoil will start soon.

The problem with this group is they are what i'd call a new generation of the old IRA, they have very little care for morals and unwritten rules, you just have to look at the local ASBO teens that hang around our shops and town centre's........now imagine those armed to the teeth and not afraid to use them to their advantage. Its a scary thought

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Allready a post on this fella

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreX-UK
Allready a post on this fella

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did a search too.

Cheers.

Could a mod delete this one please? Thanks.

CX.

top topics

join