It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Explodes Outside Shopping Centre

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Bomb Explodes Outside Shopping Centre

news.sky.com

AFP reports that a bomb planted in a car has exploded outside a shopping centre in Derry, Northern Ireland, causing substantial damage but no injuries.

"Shortly after midnight a device in a Corsa car exploded outside a bank at the rear of the DaVinci retail complex" in the city, a spokesman from the Police Service of Northern Ireland said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Evacuations had been carried out in the surrounding area from dozens of houses and a number of businesses, said the spokesman.

Warning in advance, place cleared out in time seems like were back to the old days of warnings. And these guys have the experiance and (usually) don't blow them selves up.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hmm... Whats happened in N.I. lately to set the lads back to their old tricks ? Thought things had settled down there ?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oops.. Double post.. Apologies..
edit on 4-10-2010 by Expat888 because: Double post

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Hmm... Whats happened in N.I. lately to set the lads back to their old tricks ? Thought things had settled down there ?

It's a very small bunch of morons (we're probably talking no more than a dozen or so) that refuse to accept times have changed and people have moved on. Even Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams have seen the light and are following the political process, but this extreme minority think violence is the way forward.

It shouldn't be taken as a sign of things returning the dark days of the troubles. These people have almost zero support on either side of the fence.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Ahh ok .. Should have figured theres always a few idiots who dont know when to stop... Good to hear the majority moved beyond all that.. Thanks .. Lovely country and good people would hate to see the troubles start again..

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter if they have support or not. As long as they think they are right/having fun, they'll continue. I don't know what the hell these morons hope to achieve by trying to blow up their own people. And as for warnings, they gave warning the last time, then blew it up about 20 minutes early, very nearly killing people. There was a girl of about 19/20 who worked in a little shop almost on top of that last bomb - what would they have achieved by blowing her up? And this time, it was near enough to a nursing home that said home had to be evacuated. I'd be surprised if the stress didn't kill anyone in there.

They're witless assholes, whom no one wants around; yet they'll continue because 'the people have had enough' is not going to stop them.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This may seem off topic.......

The Best Irish Car Bomb

3/4 pint Guinness stout
1/2 shot Bailey’s Irish cream
1/2 shot Jameson Irish whiskey

Add the Bailey’s and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey’s on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 3/4 of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug. If you don’t drink it fast enough it will curdle and increasingly taste worse, dont let this happen. Looks sick!

Carry on.

Mungo

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave
This may seem off topic.......

The Best Irish Car Bomb

3/4 pint Guinness stout
1/2 shot Bailey’s Irish cream
1/2 shot Jameson Irish whiskey

Add the Bailey’s and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey’s on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 3/4 of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug. If you don’t drink it fast enough it will curdle and increasingly taste worse, dont let this happen. Looks sick!

Carry on.

Mungo

Dear God. I'd rather drink Semtex.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
look at the target, a bank. This was a political statement against the monetary system it appears. If another bank is targeted it should be a sign of their agenda.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fianna

How do I know? Because the people of Northern Ireland have been happy and enjoying the peace for the past decade or so, benefitting from it and all seem to united in saying they do not wish to return to those dark days. I also know quite a few people from N.I and they pretty much say exactly what I am saying. In fact, they were saying it years ago even before the paramilitaries finally got the message.

Just because a few are taking it upon themselves to "continue the fight", that doesn't mean the majority support it. I see though, from your smart arse use of the Irish "language", that you are probably of the ilk that thinks these bastards are doing the right thing. FYI, this is an English language board, so post in English. Don't like it, tough.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
after being in the army i still dont understand why any war will tell you cirvilians are not targets just collateral damage ...same thing is it not.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fianna

That you sympathise with the retarded morons who wish to drag Northern Ireland back to the time of The Troubles is obvious.
You no more have the interests and concerns of Ireland and it's people at heart than those gangsters and racketeers who seek to manipulate and control you and spread their message of hate and bigotry.

Many people who don't use English as their primary tongue try their best to do so in an articulate and respectful manner here on ATS in an attempt to debate and discuss.
That you use Irish Gaelic in an attempt to insult and offer absolutely no attempt whatsoever to contribute to the topic displays ignorance and immature and inarticulate arrogance.

I suspect you know nothing about the real causes of Irelands miseries and merely repeat sectarian and bigotted rhetoric verbatim and are incapable of independent thought and action.

edit on 7/10/10 by Freeborn because: too many 'R's'

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fianna

Now, thats not very nice, is it?

I bet you think you're real smart by using Gaelic to insult other members.

I don't understand the hate, anyway. I loved Ireland when I was there, I work with a few Irishmen who are class and I even descend from Irish myself. Just because I am English, you feel the need to insult me. For what reason? Did I harm you in some way? It's people like you that try to drag this whole sorry mess back up again, but the people of N.I have spoken, on several occasions, and they do not support you.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
i dont support murder and i wish your country lasting peace and all glory.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fianna

Let me guess; you own an “IRA: Undefeated Army” tee shirt, yea?

You talk about the feckin English and how much you hate them, but happily support, say, Man Utd?

The war’s over, things are changing rapidly. Everyone has to walk forward together. Nothing can be done to make up for the past. There’s no us and them anymore.

By the way, I’m English, have married an Irish girl, an live in the Republic and I’m fiercely proud of my new home.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

haha, i wouldnt consider dublin ireland lad. but good luck to you in my country.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have close Family on both sides of the fence so to speak (a fence that has been pulled down) both Catholic and Protestant, I spoke to them this morning and they tell me everyone is livid right now, and adamant this wont even come close to bringing people back into the fight.

My Aunty said its more to do with Gangsters trying to move in on what they think they can control by using fear, just like they used to do with Taxi companies.

It has nothing to do with any cause this time, most of them realised the only way to win is by using the system and the ballot box, which they knew was going to be a long haul struggle.

They have something they had not had before, Children playing together, sharing clubs, mixing and joining in without being dragged into the rubbish which was there before, it sounded to me like all communities will get together to fight these animals.

She also said you can bet that the people who ran the regiments back then will be on the hunt for those responsible, to put an end to it before they have a chance to drag their kids into anything again.

Any support will be a small majority and most of them will have their Families on their backs to prevent them getting involved.

Try as they might, this time I really believe people will stop it before it gets too out of hand, I already almost lost my Brother amongst that crap as did they almost lose a nephew, its about money Drugs and Fear nothing more, as much as they can throw a political label on it, I think people know its about organised crime, more than it is about reunification.

Lets just hope they stop them before innocent people are killed this time, surely they realise terrorism does not work in Britain, we have had it up the yazoo for decades and it didnt make us stop living then, why would it now?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join