It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Cat Like Cryptid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Okay this is the only time I actually saw something. I was walking home around 1am after going to the near by gas station for a drink.

Google Map

I mapped it out. So I was walking along side the ditch on the sidewalk toward my neighborhood, when I heard a splash, and rustling in the grass on the other side. Thinking it was an armadillo, or something I started looking for it, cause I like to avoid the nocturnal animals when walking around late at night. But what I saw was a big cat like animal clung to a tree. Couldn't see its color cause it was dark out, but could see detail pretty well. Couple things stood out to me, one it was big. Bigger then a dog, and very lion/panther shaped. Two its front legs were abnormally long, and lastly its arm were directly in front of it. Not around the tree like I'd expect an animal to hold onto a tree.

Here's a ruff drawing of what I saw to give you a better picture.

As soon as I noticed what I was seeing wasn't normal I looked away and quickly walked all the way to the other side of the street, and up to my house without looking back. I didn't want to run, because animals instincts are to charge after you when you run. Also didn't want to keep walking to the 2nd road that lead to my house out of fear it would cut me off on my way.

As soon as I got home I forgot all about it, until the next morning.

Was it a flesh, and blood animal? Could've been, but I don't think so. I would've seen something that big climb out of the ditch, and others would have seen it. It would've been caught, and/or in the news. I've seen foxes, armadillos, ducks, vultures, and even a peacock a few times.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
From your description i'd say you came across a big cat while its using the tree like a scratching post, much like a domestic cat would. Its back legs were probably stretched to the ground behind the tree and maybe you couldnt make them out. All this is assuming your in an area where big cats are.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's a very good possibility that you saw a Florida panther.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

I see subliminal here, either that, or I'm just perverted.

Hey, how about all of yas that are starting to see these weird creatures, why don't you start caring cameras with you, so that you can TAKE PICTURES, instead of drawing images that make me think bad things!!!

k?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It might not have been a cryptid. You might have had either a very rare panther sighting- or saw a bobcat -either scratching or climbing the tree. Probably a good thing you didn't run!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
From your description i'd say you came across a big cat while its using the tree like a scratching post, much like a domestic cat would. Its back legs were probably stretched to the ground behind the tree and maybe you couldnt make them out. All this is assuming your in an area where big cats are.

Yeah But It Was at Least 4 Feet Up The Tree. Another Weird thing Is When I Went Back To Look At The Tree, It Seemed To Not Be Were It Should've Been. Theres Only 2 Trees Where I Thought There Was 3.

top topics

join